With the new iPhone launch upgrading from your x or staying put?

Johndosh

Aug 7, 2019
Visit site
With the new launch today anyone upgrading or keeping there X. I’m pretty much a basic user and the iPhone X is still plenty for me so are be staying with it. Also the X still works like a charm and is still a very capable phone and will still be for sometime yet. What are others doing or thinking of doing.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
As I've stated before in other threads, I'm probably going to sit tight with my 8+! This is not because I think the new phones won't have much to offer. On the contrary, I think people will be surprised at how great they are. My reason for not getting a new phone is because I'm still happy with mine. I may change my mind, but I'm also not due for an upgrade until next June. That's when I'll start thinking about making a change.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
No. I'm on an every 30 to 31 months schedule, so, as long as my X continues to work (or gets replaced by AppleCare+, which runs out in March), I'll be upgrading to one of next year's phones sometime around next October or November.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
After watching and seeing the midnight green color of the 11 pro, and price with trade in my fingers started twitching a little lol

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
...how much you reckon can get off with trading in the x I’m in the uk

Just checked myself, and it’s a measly £310 for a mint 256GB version.

You’re better off selling it privately.

33d919577a799b0b9b4ebbb069bca2d6.jpg

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
It seems fate is making me upgrade. I have my mother on my account and her iPhone 6plus (needs a bigger screen since she cannot see well) is no longer working. Apple store tested and it is not getting any power through the lightning port. So, my son happens to have my old 7 plus. Looks like her is getting my X so my mother can get the larger screen.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
At the moment, I’m staying put, but of course I will go and check them out when they are displayed in stores. I’ll decide what to do at that time....

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Had a 7+, opted to try Pixel 3 regular (on contract $99 cdn, vs XS $599 or X $399) got free pixel stand. the moment I used my pixel I sort of realized the regret. The bigger design was a benefit, bezels and all just easier to hold while pixel was tiny. I've played with the XL and yes I made the wrong decision, X size is much better to hold compared to small pixel 3. That's just physical design, application and UI of iOS is much better imo.

While going back to Android was a pleasure mostly on Pixel and how light weight it is, I missed too much from iOS. Recent amazing carrier deal on clearance X so jumped on, love it and sold my Pixel. Android you're good but sorry iOS is just much better suited for me.

I didn't consider XR as I do love the OLED display, My only dislike about 7+ was screen quality. The iPhone 11 looks amazing, I could see why some want the newer phone, if you are ok with LCD panel then bonus. I couldn't do it, I'd have to go to Pro personally.

No I don't plan to upgrade until 2021

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yep, ordered a 256GB green Max. Will be setting it up later today. My X is paid off on the iUP as of a couple weeks ago and trading it in to Apple. They're giving us $400 each for our 64GB X's.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2