How about battery life of iPhone X & Xs?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What about it? I mean, everybody’s usage is different and therefore the battery life will be different. I have great battery life with my iPhone X, but to someone who’s on it all day long playing video games or streaming YouTube videos or something it may not be so great.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
What about it? I mean, everybody’s usage is different and therefore the battery life will be different. I have great battery life with my iPhone X, but to someone who’s on it all day long playing video games or streaming YouTube videos or something it may not be so great.

BINGO!!!!!!!

I'm still rocking the 7+ and I still end the day (7am to 11pm) with at least 30% battery left, and I hammer on it hard all day long.

GolpherZX

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Seems like lately my battery has been horrid. Maybe it is just time to get a battery replacement done even though the health is showing good.

Johndosh

Aug 7, 2019
Visit site
Seems like lately my battery has been horrid. Maybe it is just time to get a battery replacement done even though the health is showing good.

What health is yours on? Mine is on 96% and have noticed a rapid drop in battery compared to when it was at full health.

GolpherZX

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm down at 89% health. Have been there for some time after getting a previously owned one from Verizon (long story unfortunately).

My battery drop is crazy quick now with iOS13, but I do like the fast facial unlock. That has been an improvement.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
For me, battery health is at about 94% (last time that I checked), and battery drain is definitely faster than it used to be. That said, this started with iOS 12.x, and iOS 13 and 13.1 have not been noticeably worse or better - I am seeing the same behavior as I was in the last few weeks/months on 12.4.1 and 12.4 and 12.3.2.

To note, almost every day, I go for a run of 1:15 to 1:30 within an hour of waking, listening to podcasts and syncing with my Apple Watch as I run. At the beginning of the year, when health was about 98%, I'd end the run at about 90% battery. Now I end the run at about 80% battery.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
What health is yours on? Mine is on 96% and have noticed a rapid drop in battery compared to when it was at full health.

96% is excellent. You probably have a rouge app running in the background. I suggest you close all apps and do a hard reboot not just turn your iPhone on and off. Try that and see if your battery life improves. If not a wipe might be necessary.

Johndosh

Aug 7, 2019
Visit site
96% is excellent. You probably have a rouge app running in the background. I suggest you close all apps and do a hard reboot not just turn your iPhone on and off. Try that and see if your battery life improves. If not a wipe might be necessary.

Thanks for the suggestion I will look into it.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got a brand new X couple months ago and the battery life has been great, on iOS12 and iOS13. I can get around 5 SoT single charge, standby if i moderately use 1.5 days. After all the complaints i heard about the X, i was surprised to find its been great.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods