Why the XS show charging symbol but battery doesn't increase?

ranlam17

Jun 14, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
I used the Iphone XS 64GB. A few hours ago my iPhone was with a 78& Battery and while I connect it to the charger I saw the charging symbol but the battery percentage doesn't go more than 80%. Did I scare to use the phone for not lose all my battery without charging option
I tried hard reset but not any improvement.

Does someone have any advice about this issue?

Thanks

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I used the Iphone XS 64GB. A few hours ago my iPhone was with a 78& Battery and while I connect it to the charger I saw the charging symbol but the battery percentage doesn't go more than 80%. Did I scare to use the phone for not lose all my battery without charging option
I tried hard reset but not any improvement.

Does someone have any advice about this issue?

Thanks

Hello and welcome to iMore. Apple posted about this at the end of May. Here is a quote that I found on Apple's website.

"If your device stopped charging at 80 percent: Your iPhone might get slightly warmer while it charges. To extend the lifespan of your battery, if the battery gets too warm, software might limit charging above 80 percent. Your iPhone will charge again when the temperature drops. Try moving your iPhone and charger to a cooler location."

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73