Green line on screen

lowlifeplayer

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
This is so sad. My iPhoneX has a bright green line along the left side of the screen. The entire screen is hued green because of it.

1. Not dropped
2. No water damage
3. I reset the phone
4. Played movies and internet to try and refresh the pixels

Any ideas?

Attachments

• D995445D-A7CE-4177-A06D-D4EF32E2512C.jpeg
    D995445D-A7CE-4177-A06D-D4EF32E2512C.jpeg
    778.1 KB · Views: 4

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is so sad. My iPhoneX has a bright green line along the left side of the screen. The entire screen is hued green because of it.

1. Not dropped
2. No water damage
3. I reset the phone
4. Played movies and internet to try and refresh the pixels

Any ideas?

Make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to get it diagnosed and possibly fixed.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Your thumbnail image doesn't show on TapaTalk or the iMore forums app. So, here it is for those using the apps.
11cde708ea2abdf310d4260b013f4cb4.jpg

lowlifeplayer

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
This sucks. Just got back from the Best Buy that apple recommended. They want to charge me for the repair. Now I have a new appointment at the actual Apple store. Such a waste of time. I am very disappointed as I thought that when someone buys a premium product they get premium support. All I want is for them to stand behind their products if they cannot demonstrate that it was user error.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This sucks. Just got back from the Best Buy that apple recommended. They want to charge me for the repair. Now I have a new appointment at the actual Apple store. Such a waste of time. I am very disappointed as I thought that when someone buys a premium product they get premium support. All I want is for them to stand behind their products if they cannot demonstrate that it was user error.

When did you purchase your iPhone X? Is it still under warranty? Do you have Apple care or insurance?

lowlifeplayer

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Agreed.

When I purchased it for over 1000.00 I assumed it would last longer than 1.5 years. I agree with you about the warranty but if it is a manufacture defect they should cover their product. If it is something that I caused then I should pay.

I did a search on "green line on iPhone X" and the problem seems to be on Apple's part

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I’m sorry that your phone is broken, but when you bought it Apple told you that it would warrant hardware defects for one year, and when you bought it, you had the option to purchase AppleCare+ at the time to extend the warranty another year. It doesn’t matter what the phone costs when you bought it - it was your choice to buy it. You could have paid less for an 8 or 8+. Apple isn’t required to provide 20% longer warranty coverage because you paid 20% more than you could have.

It sucks when these things happen, but they do, and you actually don’t know that it is a hardware defect. Did you ever carry it in a pocket and sit down and put stress on the phone? Maybe that broke the display. Did you ever drop it, even once? Maybe that broke the display.

Again, sorry it happened, but these things happen, and sometimes you have to pay out of pocket to fix them. Maybe think about AppleCare next time. Or buy a Samsung or LG or Pixel of you think you’ll get better coverage from somebody else.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Agreed.

When I purchased it for over 1000.00 I assumed it would last longer than 1.5 years. I agree with you about the warranty but if it is a manufacture defect they should cover their product. If it is something that I caused then I should pay.

I did a search on "green line on iPhone X" and the problem seems to be on Apple's part

Let us know your results After you have your Genius Bar appointment , Apple Does stand behind their products .

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Of course Best Buy is going to charge you..that’s their business model!! Hopefully your genius appointment will be much better. My 8 was outside of warranty when it went crazy and died on me. Apple repaired it for free because it was an internal issue.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Demonstrating that it was a user error seems too high a bar to expect. If they can show that it is likely a user error, that should be enough for them to charge you.

Based on past experiences with the Apple Store itself as opposed to Best Buy, I would expect them to help you without charge as long as you are reasonably nice.

lowlifeplayer

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the notes. This changes my attitude a bit. I was planning on going in there like a caught my with my best friend. Now I will go in like my job decided to double my pay check.

lowlifeplayer

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Success.

1. Called Apple and they evaluated
2. Made an appointment for Best Buy
3. Best evaluated and tried to charge me
4. Called Apple and complained.
5. New appointment via Apple to the Apple store
6. Rep at Apple store denied claim
7. Supervisor denied claim
8. Store manager denied claim
9. Call Apple and complained
10. Apple verified that the store posted that the phone did not have water or physical damage.
11. Apple issued one time grace.
12. Back to store and they did the repairs
13. Ordered new AirPods 2.0 while I waited. (They always get me)

Done

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Success.

1. Called Apple and they evaluated
2. Made an appointment for Best Buy
3. Best evaluated and tried to charge me
4. Called Apple and complained.
5. New appointment via Apple to the Apple store
6. Rep at Apple store denied claim
7. Supervisor denied claim
8. Store manager denied claim
9. Call Apple and complained
10. Apple verified that the store posted that the phone did not have water or physical damage.
11. Apple issued one time grace.
12. Back to store and they did the repairs
13. Ordered new AirPods 2.0 while I waited. (They always get me)

Done

ConGrats. Glad everything finally worked out in your favor.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I had at the same problem when I dropped my X from a height of about 12ft, except on the right side of the screen. I took it to the Genius Bar and they diagnosed it as a screen defect. Since I always use a case/screen protector on my phones it showed no cosmetic damage. Fixed for free.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
There is something to be said for persistence! I'm glad that your phone's issues have been fixed, and congratulations on your new AirPods!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2