iPhone X 12.1.4 Random Restarts

daknarr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I have had the X from 12/2018, and it has been the best phone I've owned. That said, as of this latest update, or at least I believe it has only started after this latest update, my X has restarted on its own at least three times. One of those times it actually hung on the Apple logo during the night. I was glad I woke up as I was relying on the alarm! I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen. It was a regular thing with my former phone (GS7), but never with the X...until now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you get your X new in December 2018? Or was it used? Crashes like that are usually due to a worn battery. It usually happens when using a battery intense app that the worn battery can't handle. I don't know what else might cause that. It can happen with a good battery as well. I got a brand new iPhone 6s Plus in November. It has crashed once. No clue what caused it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I have had the X from 12/2018, and it has been the best phone I've owned. That said, as of this latest update, or at least I believe it has only started after this latest update, my X has restarted on its own at least three times. One of those times it actually hung on the Apple logo during the night. I was glad I woke up as I was relying on the alarm! I am wondering if anyone else has had this happen. It was a regular thing with my former phone (GS7), but never with the X...until now.

I’ve not experienced that with my iPhone X and I’ve basically had it since it was released. With that being said, have you installed any recent app’s that may have gone rogue? Check your battery settings to see which app is using the most battery power. If it does not coincide with your usage then until that app and see if that fixes the rebooting problem.

In addition, how’s your cellular signal?

daknarr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I'm an *****. I meant to say I have had the phone since 12/2017! Anyway, yeah, I bought it new. I will, however, check the apps for misbehaving. Hey, thanks for the reply!

daknarr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I’ve not experienced that with my iPhone X and I’ve basically had it since it was released. With that being said, have you installed any recent app’s that may have gone rogue? Check your battery settings to see which app is using the most battery power. If it does not coincide with your usage then until that app and see if that fixes the rebooting problem.

In addition, how’s your cellular signal?

Hey, Just Me! Thanks for the suggestions. I can't think of any apps I have installed since the update, but perhaps there is one that doesn't agree with it? I'll take your advice, and check the battery usage. Oh, cell signal is strong.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I'm an *****. I meant to say I have had the phone since 12/2017! Anyway, yeah, I bought it new. I will, however, check the apps for misbehaving. Hey, thanks for the reply!

App battery usage in Settings may or may not give indication of what causes the crash. With me, I'm usually doing something on an app that's battery intense. Like on a game, for example. Then the weak battery can't handle it, and the springboard crashes. It's probably not just that app though. There may be other things going on using battery at the same time. What is your battery life %? If these crashes are frequent, there may be an issue with your battery, regardless of battery life. Try swiping those apps you deem battery intense out of multitasking. Then reboot (hard reset) your phone. See if the crashes persist.

daknarr

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
App battery usage in Settings may or may not give indication of what causes the crash. With me, I'm usually doing something on an app that's battery intense. Like on a game, for example. Then the weak battery can't handle it, and the springboard crashes. It's probably not just that app though. There may be other things going on using battery at the same time. What is your battery life %? If these crashes are frequent, there may be an issue with your battery, regardless of battery life. Try swiping those apps you deem battery intense out of multitasking. Then reboot (hard reset) your phone. See if the crashes persist.

Hey Led, thanks. Actually one of the times it checked out, it was on the charger with two not usually battery intensive apps running. I'll continue to monitor...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey Led, thanks. Actually one of the times it checked out, it was on the charger with two not usually battery intensive apps running. I'll continue to monitor...

Most apps need to run in the background. That's normal. It helps them perform like you want them to. Turning on background app refresh helps them do so using less resources. What you want to look for there, are apps you don't use much using a high % of battery. That might indicate a rogue app. If you see one like that, swipe it out of multitasking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711