Apple have released an Official battery case for the XS, Max and XR. Will the XS case be compatible with the IPhone X? I hope so! I use my phone a lot and would like to have a backup battery option
    01-16-2019 07:29 AM
    I’m sure the XS one will work with the X.

Every other XS case fits the X so no reason why it wouldn’t.
    01-16-2019 07:54 AM
    I think it should but I heard that the camera bump could possibly affect how well it fits. I'm looking forward to someone trying it out and reporting back.
    01-16-2019 10:03 AM
    I thought I had read that Apple said it wasn’t compatible because of the camera bump.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-16-2019 10:25 AM
    I’m sure the XS one will work with the X.

Every other XS case fits the X so no reason why it wouldn’t.
    Apparently the microphone and speaker holes are off as well. (Remember how the X holes are all symmetrical on the bottom and the XS are not?)

But the other thing is that there is software support in iOS as well to recognize the charge level of the case, allow the phone to charge first and then the case, etc. Apple of recent times I could see deciding not to allow an X to work right with the XS case. (Though from what I am reading people do see it working.)
    01-16-2019 02:23 PM
    01-16-2019 02:34 PM
    I ordered one. Will be here Friday.
    01-16-2019 04:10 PM
    Thank you for sharing this! I'm going to consider the alternative mentioned in the article to be on the safe side.
    01-16-2019 06:50 PM

One of the best youtubers out there trying the case on an X and showing it works perfectly
    AJ19920 likes this.
    01-17-2019 05:45 PM
    I’m using it right now on my X. Call quality is great. No pop up notification. Camera cut out is “slightly” bigger. Not really noticeable. I love it.
    AJ19920, doogald and libra89 like this.
    01-18-2019 06:09 PM
    I’m using it right now on my X. Call quality is great. No pop up notification. Camera cut out is “slightly” bigger. Not really noticeable. I love it.
    Excellent, thanks. Was hoping for somebody else to be the canary in the coal mine.

(Why, Apple, do you just ignore the one year old X when making accessories? Why wasn’t there one of these last year?)
    parker5011 and libra89 like this.
    01-19-2019 07:12 AM
    Excellent, thanks. Was hoping for somebody else to be the canary in the coal mine.

(Why, Apple, do you just ignore the one year old X when making accessories? Why wasn’t there one of these last year?)
    I feel the same way. It’s bulky but if you are just using it when you need it you will like it. No problems so far
    01-19-2019 06:48 PM
    Great to know. Couple of questions:

Does the battery status for the case appear with the iPhone, AirPods, Apple Watch battery status in the Notification Center? Does that all work properly?

Are the speakers muffled due to the different cut-outs?

Thanks
    01-19-2019 07:05 PM

Does the battery status for the case appear with the iPhone, AirPods, Apple Watch battery status in the Notification Center? Does that all work properly?

Thanks
    Yes, it shows in the battery widget along with those other things.

Second question I’ll leave for Parker since I’m using my case on an xs Max.
    parker5011 likes this.
    01-19-2019 08:50 PM
    Yes, it shows in the battery widget along with those other things.

Second question I’ll leave for Parker since I’m using my case on an xs Max.
    Actually the widget question was also for Parker since I’ve heard conflicting reports about those things working properly with the case on an X.
    01-20-2019 05:42 AM
    Actually the widget question was also for Parker since I’ve heard conflicting reports about those things working properly with the case on an X.
    This might interest you. He went hands-on with the XS case on his X.
    https://9to5mac.com/2019/01/20/hands...he-first-time/
    01-20-2019 11:37 AM

Thanks
    Everything shows up perfectly on the battery widget. When you first plug phone into the case if the case is 100% the dual charging stats don’t show up just the phone charging. If the battery case isn’t fully charged both show up. Not sure why. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Speakers are not muffed. The only speaker covered is the mic speaker but everything comes out fine and everyone can hear me like I didn’t have the case on
    libra89 likes this.
    01-20-2019 02:47 PM
    Everything shows up perfectly on the battery widget. When you first plug phone into the case if the case is 100% the dual charging stats don’t show up just the phone charging. If the battery case isn’t fully charged both show up. Not sure why. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Speakers are not muffed. The only speaker covered is the mic speaker but everything comes out fine and everyone can hear me like I didn’t have the case on
    Excellent. Thanks a lot. Looks like I’ll be picking one up. Always liked this case for my 7.
    parker5011 likes this.
    01-20-2019 03:52 PM
    Picked up the case for my X and I’m very happy. Fits perfectly. Sound from the speaker is surprisingly not muffled and it works as advertised. No idea why they wouldn’t cross-market it
    parker5011 likes this.
    01-21-2019 07:49 PM
    Picked up the case for my X and I’m very happy. Fits perfectly. Sound from the speaker is surprisingly not muffled and it works as advertised. No idea why they wouldn’t cross-market it
    I love it. I don’t use it everyday so the bulk doesn’t bother me. I’ve bought $30 charging cases for the x before and all of them broke. I don’t mind the price bc it’s made for the iPhone. Glad you like it. I got the black one.
    01-21-2019 09:38 PM
    Just need a sounding board for a question: Other than aesthetics, Do you think that having a white case makes a difference in summer sun in regards to heat? I use mine outside all summer and sometime leave it laying on a table for a short period of time in direct sunlight (trust me I know that is not an ideal practice but it happens when working outside for the entire day in the summer). Would the white truly not get as hot quickly or is it about the same? I have always had a darker case and never got a white (or lite colored one) since I prefer the darker look around the phone.

Also, here is an interesting read https://9to5mac.com/2019/01/20/hands...he-first-time/

According to this article, the left three holes on the speaker grill that are covered up do not serve any purpose other than for making the phone look symmetric.
    libra89 and parker5011 like this.
    01-22-2019 08:15 AM
    Just need a sounding board for a question: Other than aesthetics, Do you think that having a white case makes a difference in summer sun in regards to heat? I use mine outside all summer and sometime leave it laying on a table for a short period of time in direct sunlight (trust me I know that is not an ideal practice but it happens when working outside for the entire day in the summer). Would the white truly not get as hot quickly or is it about the same? I have always had a darker case and never got a white (or lite colored one) since I prefer the darker look around the phone.

Also, here is an interesting read https://9to5mac.com/2019/01/20/hands...he-first-time/

According to this article, the left three holes on the speaker grill that are covered up do not serve any purpose other than for making the phone look symmetric.
    For me the darker case looks better over time. White cases get nasty and grimey. Black covers that up better. I’m not % sure about the heat issue.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-22-2019 09:31 AM