New official battery case compatible with iPhone X?

AJ19920

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site
Apple have released an Official battery case for the XS, Max and XR. Will the XS case be compatible with the IPhone X? I hope so! I use my phone a lot and would like to have a backup battery option

iPh6ne6

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I’m sure the XS one will work with the X.

Every other XS case fits the X so no reason why it wouldn’t.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I think it should but I heard that the camera bump could possibly affect how well it fits. I'm looking forward to someone trying it out and reporting back.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I’m sure the XS one will work with the X.

Every other XS case fits the X so no reason why it wouldn’t.

Apparently the microphone and speaker holes are off as well. (Remember how the X holes are all symmetrical on the bottom and the XS are not?)

But the other thing is that there is software support in iOS as well to recognize the charge level of the case, allow the phone to charge first and then the case, etc. Apple of recent times I could see deciding not to allow an X to work right with the XS case. (Though from what I am reading people do see it working.)

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I’m using it right now on my X. Call quality is great. No pop up notification. Camera cut out is “slightly” bigger. Not really noticeable. I love it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I’m using it right now on my X. Call quality is great. No pop up notification. Camera cut out is “slightly” bigger. Not really noticeable. I love it.

Excellent, thanks. Was hoping for somebody else to be the canary in the coal mine.

(Why, Apple, do you just ignore the one year old X when making accessories? Why wasn’t there one of these last year?)

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Excellent, thanks. Was hoping for somebody else to be the canary in the coal mine.

(Why, Apple, do you just ignore the one year old X when making accessories? Why wasn’t there one of these last year?)

I feel the same way. It’s bulky but if you are just using it when you need it you will like it. No problems so far

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Great to know. Couple of questions:

Does the battery status for the case appear with the iPhone, AirPods, Apple Watch battery status in the Notification Center? Does that all work properly?

Are the speakers muffled due to the different cut-outs?

Thanks

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Does the battery status for the case appear with the iPhone, AirPods, Apple Watch battery status in the Notification Center? Does that all work properly?

Thanks
Yes, it shows in the battery widget along with those other things.

Second question I’ll leave for Parker since I’m using my case on an xs Max.

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it shows in the battery widget along with those other things.

Second question I’ll leave for Parker since I’m using my case on an xs Max.

Actually the widget question was also for Parker since I’ve heard conflicting reports about those things working properly with the case on an X.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Thanks

Everything shows up perfectly on the battery widget. When you first plug phone into the case if the case is 100% the dual charging stats don’t show up just the phone charging. If the battery case isn’t fully charged both show up. Not sure why. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Speakers are not muffed. The only speaker covered is the mic speaker but everything comes out fine and everyone can hear me like I didn’t have the case on

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Everything shows up perfectly on the battery widget. When you first plug phone into the case if the case is 100% the dual charging stats don’t show up just the phone charging. If the battery case isn’t fully charged both show up. Not sure why. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Speakers are not muffed. The only speaker covered is the mic speaker but everything comes out fine and everyone can hear me like I didn’t have the case on

Excellent. Thanks a lot. Looks like I’ll be picking one up. Always liked this case for my 7.

davsug

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Picked up the case for my X and I’m very happy. Fits perfectly. Sound from the speaker is surprisingly not muffled and it works as advertised. No idea why they wouldn’t cross-market it

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Picked up the case for my X and I’m very happy. Fits perfectly. Sound from the speaker is surprisingly not muffled and it works as advertised. No idea why they wouldn’t cross-market it

I love it. I don’t use it everyday so the bulk doesn’t bother me. I’ve bought $30 charging cases for the x before and all of them broke. I don’t mind the price bc it’s made for the iPhone. Glad you like it. I got the black one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711