Upside Down Dilemma

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
After 11 months of using my X I still tend to pick up my device upside down and as anyone with an edge to edge iPhone knows raise to wake doesn’t work when your not camera side up.

Never had this issue with my home button iPhones and since I went screen protector free it happens more often.

Anyone with the new design doing the iPhone FLIP???

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I do sometimes but generally use an Apple case with an exposed bottom bezel so I can tell which way my phone is facing without touching it. Tapping the screen to wake the phone up before picking it up helps too.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After 11 months of using my X I still tend to pick up my device upside down and as anyone with an edge to edge iPhone knows raise to wake doesn’t work when your not camera side up.

Never had this issue with my home button iPhones and since I went screen protector free it happens more often.

Anyone with the new design doing the iPhone FLIP???

I do on occasion, but it’s not a big deal for me.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't do the flip... My iPhone goes in my pocket the same way every time. Therefore it comes out the same way also ??????

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Right, but it used to happen to me with the iPhone 6s, because it was space gray, the front face was black, and the button wasn’t obvious at a glance. I swore if I bought another iPhone it would be a color with a white face for that reason - the white face phones have that gold ring around the home button, and the earpiece speaker is more obvious at a glance. But then - iPhone X...

With the iPhone X (and before with the 6s) I get by this almost every time by putting the phone in my pocket with the top down. The Apple leather case also helps, as it is open on the bottom.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't do the flip... My iPhone goes in my pocket the same way every time. Therefore it comes out the same way also í ½í¸ƒ

Makes good sense

I’m not complaining at all as the iPhone Flip is quick but it happens to me more when I place it on my round coffee table and pick it up from the other side

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I’ve gotten into the habit of laying it face down. That way, when I go to pick it up, I know which way is up.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Haven't noticed myself doing this with my Xr very much, but it does have a defender case since before I even cut it on so I generally use the little cutout on the back to help me determine the phones orientation.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Thinking outside the Box
c25aacc3bd6ac318c0cabd1a3b818ffa.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member