I like my iPhone X...I really do. The only problem I’ve had since day one last year, was the size. I had gotten so used to the size of my 7-plus, the X feels like an iPhone SE.

I’m not as impressed as I thought I’d be with the new Max...and going so far up in price for basically nothing but a bigger X bugs me.

Has anybody here gone DOWN from an X to an 8-Plus for the size difference? If so, what are your thoughts about going back to a home button, no gestures, and having those ugly bezels top & bottom?
    11-10-2018 08:37 AM
    I like my iPhone X...I really do. The only problem I’ve had since day one last year, was the size. I had gotten so used to the size of my 7-plus, the X feels like an iPhone SE.

I’m not as impressed as I thought I’d be with the new Max...and going so far up in price for basically nothing but a bigger X bugs me.

Has anybody here gone DOWN from an X to an 8-Plus for the size difference? If so, what are your thoughts about going back to a home button, no gestures, and having those ugly bezels top & bottom?
    Why wouldn't you go for the XR?
    libra89, doogald and bgl321 like this.
    11-10-2018 01:13 PM
    Tried to get an 8+ today during Sam's club special but they had already sold out so I'm getting an Xr when they can activate it for me Monday. I was perfectly content going in for an 8 plus but I'm sure I will like the Xr too. If you have one close by they are doing a $300 gift card with an activation on Verizon and Sprint so once I sell my 6+ and cases i should be close to $200 out of pocket for a new Xr. If you have an X though I would probably stick with that. Sam's club said now that they are sold out of the 8/8+ they won't be getting anymore.
    libra89 and bgl321 like this.
    11-10-2018 01:21 PM

There are a few people around the forums that went from the X to the 8 Plus. I honestly see nothing wrong with it, if that’s what works for you. The 8 Plus is a great device!! As far as the home button, gestures, & bezels are concerned, I wouldn’t worry about it much. I’ve always hated the home button, but one of my main devices up until last week was the 8...and I liked it. If you want it, go for it!!
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2018 07:46 AM
    One thing about the 8 plus and the reason I was perfectly fine with getting it before they sold out. It’s the exact same processor ram and everything as the X even clocked faster in some benchmarks than the X guessing it’s because it has less pixels to push. So your really not losing anything performance wise if you switch.
    11-11-2018 09:19 AM
    I tried the 8 Plus and the X and waited for the Max model. I got over the price. M y7 Plus is so fine that I would consider one of those over the 8 Plus if this is a budget issue or go all the way to the Max if this is about how much you can fit on the screen.
    11-11-2018 01:14 PM
    I have an iPhone 8 Plus and I prefer the iPhone X for the size. It’s all comes down to what comfortable for your daily use.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-11-2018 03:31 PM
    We’re a year+ after the X with some important apps still not upgraded for the all-glass style phones. There’s a related problem where web sites are not responsive design or in some instances take you to an outdated mobile site. That’s my problem with the X phone.

The issue I describe is probably a nothing for most people. The posts on this site showing screen time support that. A lot of people use a few popular apps that are optimized for full screen. When I help my users or work with them at something and handle an X or XS I see the situations where it’s still not ready because of the content more than the phone.

As much as I really like the size of X and XS, the tool vs toy scenario makes a 7 Plus or XS Max my favorite phones.

One of my users balked at larger phones for a long time but he always had an extra battery case. His broke his phone recently so I said try a bigger phone for 10 days. Now he wonders why he had those bulky battery cases or carried one with him. The size of battery inside the phone is another important factor for many.
    11-13-2018 08:06 AM