Do you use all of the features of your iPhone’s camera?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How many of you, on a consistent basis, use every shooting mode and filter available on the native iPhone camera?

The reason I ask is because a good deal of people say that the camera is one of the most important feature of the iPhone to them. Many of those same people take a gazillion selfies simply by using the camera shortcut on the lock screen.

Rarely, have I seen anyone manipulate the camera setting when taking a photo with their iPhone.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I was a professional photographer back in the 80’s and 90’s and I have never manipulated any settings on my iPhone camera.

The only functions I have used are the zoom feature and the HDR function and just snap the photo. I will say the quality of the images I have obtained from my 7,8 and X series devices have been impressive.

I have used them in technical documentation where I use to use a digital SLR or a point and shoot model. Now I only carry my iPhone to take pictures of the equipment.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Never filters, but I do occasionally change to perspective, or turn live on or off, or switch to the 2x camera, sometimes turn on the flash. I do selfies so infrequently that I’ve only done one or two with the X.

I’ll edit photos after taking them, though. Do that all of the time.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I play with the flash and Zoom and once in a while if the subject that I want to photograph like an object I will play with the settings a little bit

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was a professional photographer back in the 80’s and 90’s and I have never manipulated any settings on my iPhone camera.

The only functions I have used are the zoom feature and the HDR function and just snap the photo. I will say the quality of the images I have obtained from my 7,8 and X series devices have been impressive.

I have used them in technical documentation where I use to use a digital SLR or a point and shoot model. Now I only carry my iPhone to take pictures of the equipment.

Same here for the most part. Still, I will quickly grab my trusted old Nikon D90 DSLR for anything I feel is going to be important to me like kids graduation, weddings, etcetera, but for typical stuff, my iPhone camera as-is when I initiate the Camera app is sufficient for me.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m a straight shooter
I only enable flash or HDR if I have to.
Filters, editing and other enhancing I do when I want to post or forward photos.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have several apps that let me shoot in RAW with full manual settings. As an amateur / hobbiests photographer, I love the manual settings.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
For the stock camera app it's only enabling/disabling flash/HDR/Live for certain situations. However, I do a have a few camera apps like Halide that support RAW format shooting and when I'm taking serious photos I'll swap over to that. Either auto mode for quick shots that I can more easily fix issues with the RAW files in Lightroom later on or full manual if the situation allows. These new phones can take some great photos but you have to work the settings to do it. I'm pretty sure all those nice looking "shot on iPhone" photos were not using the default camera app on auto. You can't even get away with that on a DSLR unless all the conditions are right (lighting etc.)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner