Why Do Apple Keep Shipping iPhones With Very Low Mediocre Battery Sizes..?

Emmanuel Godwin

Oct 19, 2018
Visit site
Alright, so i'm contemplating if i should get a new iPhone for myself.

But right now, my concern is on the batteries... So i want to ask, for those who have owned any of the latest iPhone XS or the XS Max, how has the battery life been so far.. Because i once owned an iPhone 6 and i must tell you, the battery life is simply nothing to write home about...

I also learnt the new iPhones still shipped with same low mediocre batteries like the former iPhones from here - [redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and thanks for joining. There are several different battery test that have been done and for Apple to have such a "mediocre" battery they faired well and even won a couple of the battery performance tests. Maybe you should do more research and keep in mind everyone uses their devices differently. Feel free to join in on the many threads throughout iMore.

https://youtu.be/c06HoSJdDjo

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Alright, so i'm contemplating if i should get a new iPhone for myself.

But right now, my concern is on the batteries... So i want to ask, for those who have owned any of the latest iPhone XS or the XS Max, how has the battery life been so far.. Because i once owned an iPhone 6 and i must tell you, the battery life is simply nothing to write home about...

I also learnt the new iPhones still shipped with same low mediocre batteries like the former iPhones from here - [redacted]

If you’re someone who wants to be on a device non-stop and expect its battery to last until you go to bed, you’re going to be disappointed with the device, regardless of its brand.

In addition, there is always an asterisk next to a company’s battery predictions. That asterisk is there because everyone uses their phones differently and thus, will have varying battery performance. That’s common sense.

Having said that, if you’re serious about purchasing one of the new iPhone models, go ahead and get one.

By the way, the link to your personal blog has been removed from view.

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My son and I both have 7 Plus devices. I make it all day on a single charge. He's constantly walking around with a battery plugged into his. One day he asked me why he doesn't get the same battery life as me. I told him I don't walk around glued to my phone 24/7 playing games or Snapchating.

Battery "performance" is all in the person using it. You can tell me the battery on the 7 Plus sucks. I'll show you I can go from 7am to 11pm (weekdays) and still have anywhere from 20% to 40% battery left at the end of the day.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
With my iPhone Xs I usually end up with 50-70% battery left by the end of the day for weekdays. Thats from 7:45 to 0:00. It was the same pretty much for my 7. The only time that would really change is if I was driving for work and using it as a GPS and/or using it to stream music. Then I would occasionally have to charge it during the day, but still wasnt very often.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
With heavy usage, especially video, the battery will drain fairly quickly. Maybe 4-6 hours. If you’re not using it a lot during the day, it’ll easily get you through the day. Your particular usage greatly affects battery life. The iPhone XS Max does, however, get better battery life than a Note 9 with UHD turned on. Apple does a very good job of how their chips play with battery life.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I had a Note 9 (nice phone indeed) but I went ahead and switched to the XS Max since the rest of the family uses iPhones. With the same kind of usage I’d say the Max gets as-good-as or better battery life but I do normally plug in whenever I’m around a charger. iOS devices are generally optimized in such a way as to get similar or better battery life than their Android counterparts that have larger batteries. I think Apple does not use 3500+ mah batteries because they don’t need to in order to reach their longevity goals whereas larger batteries would undoubtedly increase production costs.

“If we can do with 3000 mah battery what they can do with 4000 mah batteries why should we use 4000 mah batteries when those cost us more?”

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Me thinks the OP wasn't really serious about a possible iPhone purchase. :sarcastic:

But if so...my battery on my X performs adequately. For anything too extreme, battery cases help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711