I first went looking for this in the Apple Music forum but it looks dead in there so I thought I would ask this question here since it is sort of complicated and I can't seem to get a good google search result on it.

I have been using Apple Music lately and at work I listen with iTunes, and then when home or driving on my iPhone X.

Well today, I thought I would try Spotify again to see what songs it suggests for me to listen to, and so I signed in to the web player and let it play. Now I also have the Spotify app on my iPhone, and when launching it, it asked if I want to listen on the phone or through chrome. I left it as chrome, but what caught my attention is that the current song playing on my computer was showing on the lockscreen and I could control it through my phone. I would consider this some sort of active sync, and thought it was really cool and was curious why Apple Music doesn't do this. Perhaps it does and I just need to enable it, but I tried everything, such as making sure I was signed in on iTunes, iCloud sync is active, and home sharing active. Is this something exclusively that Spotify does?

Thanks!
    10-02-2018 05:16 PM
    Apple Music does show on the lock screen. It shows by default. Have you tried rebooting your iPhone?
    10-04-2018 06:41 AM
    If you have music playing on iTunes on a computer or Mac, you will have to use the remote app on your iPhone, to control the music.

If you have an Apple TV, you can just use the widget on lock screen or control center to control it.

iTunes Remote by Apple https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/itun...mUvbUpU3096019
    10-04-2018 07:51 AM
    I know Apple music when started on my iPhone will show on the lockscreen. What I meant was if I hadn't opened it on my phone, but launched it instead from iTunes on my PC.

As for iTunes remote, I didn't know about that and will try it out. Thank you.
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-04-2018 09:40 AM