Went to play with an iPhone XS Max and left without purchasing one!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Yeah and in comparisons the XS camera is still worse than the Pixel 2. Whatever, as long as the camera is good enough for me, I am happy. I have zero complaints about the camera on my X.

I don’t know, are the differences that big with all the highest rated phones? Are we taking wedding pictures with them? Selling pics to National Geographic?
Like you said, good enough for what I need a nonprofessional phone camera for.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
I don’t know, are the differences that big with all the highest rated phones? Are we taking wedding pictures with them? Selling pics to National Geographic?
Like you said, good enough for what I need a nonprofessional phone camera for.

Exactly. I used an HTC M7 with purple tint for two years so everything now is gravy. I really think smartphone cameras are all more than adequate when it comes to the flagships. Even non flagship cameras are great as long as you have good lighting, they just fall off hard when the lighting gets tough.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm really tempted by the Max just for the screen size, however in actual use testing them I have even more reachability issues on it than the Plus phones I used before the X. I could so easily do it just because I'm on the upgrade program, but I just don't feel a huge need to this year. Think I'm gonna ride this one out, see what next year brings, and maybe sell the X once it's paid off then either direct buy the next series or restart the upgrade program cycle again.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
If I had an X, I probably wouldn’t be too impressed either. Going from a 7, however, it’s quite an upgrade from what I’ve seen. Not sure I’ll get one though as the monthly payment would skyrocket for me.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Got my X. Great upgrade from the 7. I’m totally happy and didn’t spend an arm and a leg.

Did you pay for it outright? Where I am you can pay for it monthly with a plan for the length of the contract. It’s subsidized as long as you continue the contract, but coupled with the plan, it’s pricey for such an expensive phone. Went from $70 to $100 a month when I asked for an approximation.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Did you pay for it outright? Where I am you can pay for it monthly with a plan for the length of the contract. It’s subsidized as long as you continue the contract, but coupled with the plan, it’s pricey for such an expensive phone. Went from $70 to $100 a month when I asked for an approximation.

I bought it used (256gb) for about half of original cost. I would never pay over $1000 for a smartphone.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
You will probably upgrade when more Max populate the the space and see it in shops, restaurants and have people you know own them. Just the way it works out!

AJ19920

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site
I do like the larger screen on the XS max but I don’t see the need to upgrade from my X. First time in years that I won’t be upgrading

Chargerman165

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree that I loved my X and had no intention of upgrading, however, went into my local Verizon store on launch day and ended up upgrading. Thought I was crazy for doing so because for the first time had no desire to upgrade but now that I did after a week i am glad I did. After the 8+ and moving to the X swore would never go back to a larger phone. The SX Max really doesn't feel as large as I thought it would and I can read things better. I understand your being happy with the X because I was but glad I made the switch personally.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I feel weird since I was a HUGE fan of the plus model phones. I got an XS and I had previously been using an Iphone 7 plus for the past two years. I actually like the fact that the XS has a larger screen than the old plus model phones (just narrower) fit into a smaller frame. Yea, texting and stuff feels a little cramped at times, but not a deal breaker and the zoom to fill feature for videos on Youtube and such on the XS is big enough for me. If I want to go bigger, I can always get a tablet/ ipad. I went back to my iphone 7 plus yesterday and it felt HUGE and clunky and slightly outdated. But who knows in two-three years when I upgrade again, I probably will go for the Max version of the phone and say the XS was too small LOL.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If I had an X, I probably wouldn’t be too impressed either. Going from a 7, however, it’s quite an upgrade from what I’ve seen. Not sure I’ll get one though as the monthly payment would skyrocket for me.

I can definitely understand that.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I just left the closest Best Buy store and checked out the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and the new Watch Series 4 products. The iPhone XS Max is huge, but the screen is gorgeous. Maybe it’s me, but I could not see the slimness of the new Watch. Maybe I should say that its slimmer design wasn’t obvious to me. I do like the speed of it and watchOS 5 was very fluid on it.

Like you, Quis, I left the store without making a purchase. I’m content with what I have and will keep using them unless they somehow break.

Word for word...my take exactly. I came close to getting the Max...but just couldn’t justify. First time for that in years.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal