Went to play with an iPhone XS Max and left without purchasing one!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I just left the closest Best Buy store and checked out the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and the new Watch Series 4 products. The iPhone XS Max is huge, but the screen is gorgeous. Maybe it’s me, but I could not see the slimness of the new Watch. Maybe I should say that it’s slimmer design wasn’t obvious to me. I do like the speed of it and watchOS 5 was very fluid on it.

Like you, Quis, I left the store without making a purchase. I’m content with what I have and will keep using them unless they somehow break.

But it has a huge screen!

I think Apple’s trying to get into the man bag business. That’s what you need to carry one of these monstrosities around. Good thing I already have one, they’ll probably charge $600. 🤣

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I hated the X NOTCH and FID. Don't even notice it on the max must because screen is bigger, and FID2 is much better. The X was the worst iPhone i have had since 4S.

Now let’s play nice The worst iPhone since the 4s? I see your 🤥 growing by the minute...

anon(6014961)

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I can see iPhone sales going down by quite a margin because of people like us, the XS to me is not an upgrade, felt exactly the same as my X to me when I played with one in the store.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I can see iPhone sales going down by quite a margin because of people like us, the XS to me is not an upgrade, felt exactly the same as my X to me when I played with one in the store.

Agreed. I had a 7 Plus, and said I would keep that for a few years. Because I was expecting the 8/8 Plus to basically be the same. I didn’t expect them to release the X last year. When they did, I felt it was too much to pass up. The XS is the X with a slightly faster processor. No reason for us with a X to upgrade.

As for the physical size of the X, I like the display size in the smaller frame. The Max screen would be nice, but I have gotten used to the smaller physical size of the phone. Besides, if I want a larger screen, I’ll use my iPad.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I decided to purchase an X today. Found a 256gb for about half of what it sold for a year ago. Appears to be in excellent shape. I’ll sell my 7 and end up only paying a few hundred for the X.

sallenthornton

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I decided to purchase an X today. Found a 256gb for about half of what it sold for a year ago. Appears to be in excellent shape. I’ll sell my 7 and end up only paying a few hundred for the X.

If the price is right, there is no good reason to NOT purchase the X. It’s a great phone. I’ve been very happy with mine. Enjoy.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
If the price is right, there is no good reason to NOT purchase the X. It’s a great phone. I’ve been very happy with mine. Enjoy.

Thanks.
I’m not one to buy the latest and greatest just because. While I can afford it, I’m someone who likes to get a deal and feel I’m not getting ripped off.
I’ve read lots of good things about the X and at the price I couldn’t see not doing it. It will be quite an improvement over the 7.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Now let’s play nice The worst iPhone since the 4s? I see your 🤥 growing by the minute...

Well i had a few problems with it, reception not good and FID was crappy, screen too small, prefered the 8 i sold it for personally. FID2 is much better even works at angles now.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

Those deals have been around for months here, i got a X 2 days old for $600 below retail same with a 8 and 8 plus.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I also checked out the new devices this past weekend and left with my X still in my pocket. That’s the only reason I didn’t buy because my X is that good

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

You will like it. I found a few similar deals last winter, I ended up getting my wife and I each an X, and it cost less than one 64GB (hers is 64 mine is 256, both unlocked) after we sold her "old" 7. Now I see no reason to upgrade. Depending on what happens next fall I will use my phone for at least 2 years, and I haven't done that for a long long time.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I love reading all of the reviews that show how great the camera on the XS is, especially compared with the X camera, with lots of side by side images - remembering last year's reviews that showed how great the X camera was compared with the 7+. I'm just waiting until next year's models that show how crappy the XS camera is by comparison.

(The truth is that I do think that the XS camera is that much better, but the X camera is more than good enough for what I use it for. I just know that my next upgrade will get me an even better camera.)

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
I love reading all of the reviews that show how great the camera on the XS is, especially compared with the X camera, with lots of side by side images - remembering last year's reviews that showed how great the X camera was compared with the 7+. I'm just waiting until next year's models that show how crappy the XS camera is by comparison.

(The truth is that I do think that the XS camera is that much better, but the X camera is more than good enough for what I use it for. I just know that my next upgrade will get me an even better camera.)

Yeah and in comparisons the XS camera is still worse than the Pixel 2. Whatever, as long as the camera is good enough for me, I am happy. I have zero complaints about the camera on my X.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner