Went to play with an iPhone XS Max and left without purchasing one!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
This was the real test. It's easy to say I won't be getting one. It's another to go and see a new iPhone and keep that same energy. I played with a new XS Max (as that's the only one I'd even consider) and I wasn't overly impressed. Sure, it had a larger screen but aside from that there was nothing that moved me about it. I honestly think it makes me appreciate my X even more. The iPhone X is really an incredible device after having it for almost a year. It's the first device that I've continued to enjoy a year in and not be moved by the latest, greatest and shiny device.

That's really all I had to say lol.
Vive La iPhone X :beer:

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
This was the real test. It's easy to say I won't be getting one. It's another to go and see a new iPhone and keep that same energy. I played with a new XS Max (as that's the only one I'd even consider) and I wasn't overly impressed. Sure, it had a larger screen but aside from that there was nothing that moved me about it. I honestly think it makes me appreciate my X even more. The iPhone X is really an incredible device after having it for almost a year. It's the first device that I've continued to enjoy a year in and not be moved by the latest, greatest and shiny device.

Me too. For sure! I’m not upgrading and that’s huge for me. Love my X.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I totally agree!! I was at Grand Central with my friend this morning & while the new devices are nice, I still have no desire. I’m content with my X.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I was the exact opposite but I also have need of band 71 and/or dual SIM. The other benefits are small but noticeable. The speakers are better than the X, the camera is actually better, you know, small stuff. For me it really is band 71 and/or dual SIM.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I hated the X NOTCH and FID. Don't even notice it on the max must because screen is bigger, and FID2 is much better. The X was the worst iPhone i have had since 4S.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Coming from a 7 Plus, I personally LOVE my MAX. I was just the opposite concerning the X, it was to small in a cumbersome type of way for me and kinda hard to hold, it felt "scrunched". The MAX is just what I've been looking for since the 6 Plus was released. I hated those HUGE bezels on the 6/7 Plus for a long long time...LOL. Let me put it this way, I'm GLAD I skipped the X

NFLPLAYBOOK

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Max is the reason I'm back on IOS in 5 years. So far I'm really enjoying it. Amazed at the quality using Facetime. I also liked the ease of the transition. Pretty much caught up already.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the insight Quis. I'm king of stuck in the same boat although I haven't actually seen or used an XS Mac yet. My only consideration is that I'm on iPhone Upgrade Program. I still have another month to go until I'm eligible for an upgrade so I'll let the excitement die down and see how I feel at that time.

kgyamerah

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I owed iPhone X which a bought from Apple shop last year December.Im a strong fan of apple gadgets .I have Apple watch and iPhone 6s as well.They are all great gadgets.But I'm not moved by this year's iPhones series.Why bcos apple is just trying to get money from us by been smart.Look apple knows if the iPhone X is there and discounted , only few people will go for the new iPhones so they discontinued them.They are know the iPhone XR is cheap and therefore many people will prefer to buy them than the XS series , so the delayed them till later somewhere October which is intentional.No way Im grown up now to know all these tricks.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I like that there’s a variety of devices for consumers to choose from. We’ve already heard various reasons people like various phones on this thread. We all have different needs and wants.
I have an SE and 7. Both are running 12 and work perfectly fine. If I upgrade, I’ll wait to look at the XR as I don’t like super large phones.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

You’re still going to end up with it in some capacity within the next couple of months.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I owed iPhone X which a bought from Apple shop last year December.Im a strong fan of apple gadgets .I have Apple watch and iPhone 6s as well.They are all great gadgets.But I'm not moved by this year's iPhones series.Why bcos apple is just trying to get money from us by been smart.Look apple knows if the iPhone X is there and discounted , only few people will go for the new iPhones so they discontinued them.They are know the iPhone XR is cheap and therefore many people will prefer to buy them than the XS series , so the delayed them till later somewhere October which is intentional.No way Im grown up now to know all these tricks.

Anyone who owns a business offers a product or a service at a profit. Period! Apple is big business and continues to offer products and services at a profit.

With that in mind, to say that you are not moved to get this year’s iPhone because Apple is trying to get money from us doesn’t make sense to me. I mean, will Apple get money from you next year? If so, what’s the difference?

Last edited:

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I personally LOVE my MAX. I was just the opposite concerning the X, it was to small in a cumbersome type of way for me and kinda hard to hold, it felt "scrunched". The MAX is just what I've been looking for since the 6 Plus was released. I hated those HUGE bezels on the 6/7 Plus for a long long time...LOL.

All facts!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Coming from a 7 Plus, I personally LOVE my MAX. I was just the opposite concerning the X, it was to small in a cumbersome type of way for me and kinda hard to hold, it felt "scrunched". The MAX is just what I've been looking for since the 6 Plus was released. I hated those HUGE bezels on the 6/7 Plus for a long long time...LOL. Let me put it this way, I'm GLAD I skipped the X
Same here. No more small, peasant phones for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just left the closest Best Buy store and checked out the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and the new Watch Series 4 products. The iPhone XS Max is huge, but the screen is gorgeous. Maybe it’s me, but I could not see the slimness of the new Watch. Maybe I should say that its slimmer design wasn’t obvious to me. I do like the speed of it and watchOS 5 was very fluid on it.

Like you, Quis, I left the store without making a purchase. I’m content with what I have and will keep using them unless they somehow break.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR