I don’t have deep of enough pockets for the Max! In more ways than one. I’m content with the X
    09-23-2018 01:57 PM
    I decided to purchase an X today. Found a 256gb for about half of what it sold for a year ago. Appears to be in excellent shape. I’ll sell my 7 and end up only paying a few hundred for the X.
    09-23-2018 03:44 PM
    I decided to purchase an X today. Found a 256gb for about half of what it sold for a year ago. Appears to be in excellent shape. I’ll sell my 7 and end up only paying a few hundred for the X.
    If the price is right, there is no good reason to NOT purchase the X. It’s a great phone. I’ve been very happy with mine. Enjoy.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-23-2018 06:41 PM
    If the price is right, there is no good reason to NOT purchase the X. It’s a great phone. I’ve been very happy with mine. Enjoy.
    Thanks.
    I’m not one to buy the latest and greatest just because. While I can afford it, I’m someone who likes to get a deal and feel I’m not getting ripped off.
    I’ve read lots of good things about the X and at the price I couldn’t see not doing it. It will be quite an improvement over the 7.
    Just_Me_D and libra89 like this.
    09-23-2018 06:47 PM
    Now let’s play nice The worst iPhone since the 4s? I see your 🤥 growing by the minute...
    Well i had a few problems with it, reception not good and FID was crappy, screen too small, prefered the 8 i sold it for personally. FID2 is much better even works at angles now.
    09-23-2018 08:41 PM
    Those deals have been around for months here, i got a X 2 days old for $600 below retail same with a 8 and 8 plus.
    09-23-2018 08:43 PM
    LMAO...as I type from my small, peasant X🤣🤣
    iPhone X is no peasant!!! Love mine. I want the new XS for the better camera but can't justify the price right now when my X is such a good solid phone.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-23-2018 09:37 PM
    You’re still going to end up with it in some capacity within the next couple of months.
    Have a LITTLE faith in me!
    09-24-2018 11:44 AM
    Have a LITTLE faith in me!
    Aaaaah, NOPE...LOL
    Quis89, ladyc0524 and nikkisharif like this.
    09-24-2018 11:52 AM
    I also checked out the new devices this past weekend and left with my X still in my pocket. That’s the only reason I didn’t buy because my X is that good
    09-24-2018 12:49 PM
    You will like it. I found a few similar deals last winter, I ended up getting my wife and I each an X, and it cost less than one 64GB (hers is 64 mine is 256, both unlocked) after we sold her "old" 7. Now I see no reason to upgrade. Depending on what happens next fall I will use my phone for at least 2 years, and I haven't done that for a long long time.
    TgeekB and libra89 like this.
    09-24-2018 02:06 PM
    I love reading all of the reviews that show how great the camera on the XS is, especially compared with the X camera, with lots of side by side images - remembering last year's reviews that showed how great the X camera was compared with the 7+. I'm just waiting until next year's models that show how crappy the XS camera is by comparison.

(The truth is that I do think that the XS camera is that much better, but the X camera is more than good enough for what I use it for. I just know that my next upgrade will get me an even better camera.)
    Craig Ferguson1 and H_D like this.
    09-24-2018 03:45 PM
    Congrats on your X You won’t be disappointed!
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-24-2018 04:07 PM
    I love reading all of the reviews that show how great the camera on the XS is, especially compared with the X camera, with lots of side by side images - remembering last year's reviews that showed how great the X camera was compared with the 7+. I'm just waiting until next year's models that show how crappy the XS camera is by comparison.

(The truth is that I do think that the XS camera is that much better, but the X camera is more than good enough for what I use it for. I just know that my next upgrade will get me an even better camera.)
    Yeah and in comparisons the XS camera is still worse than the Pixel 2. Whatever, as long as the camera is good enough for me, I am happy. I have zero complaints about the camera on my X.
    09-24-2018 04:15 PM
    Congrats on your X You won’t be disappointed!
    Thanks.
    The more I thought about it I believed that was the right avenue for me. I’ll be good for a couple of years now.
    nikkisharif and libra89 like this.
    09-24-2018 05:22 PM
    Yeah and in comparisons the XS camera is still worse than the Pixel 2. Whatever, as long as the camera is good enough for me, I am happy. I have zero complaints about the camera on my X.
    I don’t know, are the differences that big with all the highest rated phones? Are we taking wedding pictures with them? Selling pics to National Geographic?
    Like you said, good enough for what I need a nonprofessional phone camera for.
    Vega007, nikkisharif and libra89 like this.
    09-24-2018 05:24 PM
    I don’t know, are the differences that big with all the highest rated phones? Are we taking wedding pictures with them? Selling pics to National Geographic?
    Like you said, good enough for what I need a nonprofessional phone camera for.
    Exactly. I used an HTC M7 with purple tint for two years so everything now is gravy. I really think smartphone cameras are all more than adequate when it comes to the flagships. Even non flagship cameras are great as long as you have good lighting, they just fall off hard when the lighting gets tough.
    09-24-2018 05:27 PM
    I also checked out the new devices this past weekend and left with my X still in my pocket. That’s the only reason I didn’t buy because my X is that good
    ‘Nuf said...
    09-24-2018 06:04 PM
    I'm really tempted by the Max just for the screen size, however in actual use testing them I have even more reachability issues on it than the Plus phones I used before the X. I could so easily do it just because I'm on the upgrade program, but I just don't feel a huge need to this year. Think I'm gonna ride this one out, see what next year brings, and maybe sell the X once it's paid off then either direct buy the next series or restart the upgrade program cycle again.
    09-28-2018 06:56 PM
    If I had an X, I probably wouldn’t be too impressed either. Going from a 7, however, it’s quite an upgrade from what I’ve seen. Not sure I’ll get one though as the monthly payment would skyrocket for me.
    09-29-2018 05:22 AM
    Got my X. Great upgrade from the 7. I’m totally happy and didn’t spend an arm and a leg.
    09-29-2018 08:29 AM
    Got my X. Great upgrade from the 7. I’m totally happy and didn’t spend an arm and a leg.
    Did you pay for it outright? Where I am you can pay for it monthly with a plan for the length of the contract. It’s subsidized as long as you continue the contract, but coupled with the plan, it’s pricey for such an expensive phone. Went from $70 to $100 a month when I asked for an approximation.
    09-29-2018 09:22 AM
    Did you pay for it outright? Where I am you can pay for it monthly with a plan for the length of the contract. It’s subsidized as long as you continue the contract, but coupled with the plan, it’s pricey for such an expensive phone. Went from $70 to $100 a month when I asked for an approximation.
    I bought it used (256gb) for about half of original cost. I would never pay over $1000 for a smartphone.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-29-2018 09:50 AM
    You will probably upgrade when more Max populate the the space and see it in shops, restaurants and have people you know own them. Just the way it works out!
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    09-30-2018 12:47 AM
    I do like the larger screen on the XS max but I don’t see the need to upgrade from my X. First time in years that I won’t be upgrading
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-30-2018 05:45 AM
54 123