How many have piece of mind knowing they didn’t buy a concept device but the beginning of the future of the iPhone
    sircraig2000 likes this.
    09-12-2018 02:51 PM
    I never, ever had even an inkling that the iPhone X was a concept device.
    09-12-2018 03:01 PM
    Even if the X was a one-off (which I never believed), I am very happy with it, and would remain so. I'm looking forward to when they come out with something better (no notch? embedded Touch ID?) for when I buy my next phone, probably in a couple of years.
    kataran, AJ19920 and nikkisharif like this.
    09-12-2018 03:12 PM
    I never thought it was a concept device and have always loved the gesture concept being a former Blackberry 10 user.

The gesture concept can take the next step now that Apple is going to go forward with it on their next generation of devices.

For myself, I will probably buy one of the new XS models as I always do when the new models are released.

But this time it may not be on the pre order date because I still love my iPhone X and while their are always improvements on the newer models, the XS is not going to make me want to be the first in line to get one as I was when the original X was released. Just my two cents worth.
    09-12-2018 03:45 PM
    I never thought it was a concept device and have always loved the gesture concept being a former Blackberry 10 user.

The gesture concept can take the next step now that Apple is going to go forward with it on their next generation of devices.

Gestures and screen is what pulled me away from my beloved SE and like you said the next step will be lovely
    bakron1, Tartarus and nikkisharif like this.
    09-12-2018 04:07 PM
    ‘Nuf said....
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-12-2018 04:41 PM
    ^THIS
    09-12-2018 06:40 PM
    Bad choice of words I must say.

Disclaimer

Not in anyway does my X act or serve me in a concept type of way 🧐
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-12-2018 06:44 PM
    Bad choice of words I must say.

Disclaimer

Not in anyway does my X act or serve me in a concept type of way 🧐
    I did hope it was a limited edition, but I think it was too popular for that.
    kataran likes this.
    09-12-2018 06:50 PM
    Based on the amount of time Apple said they put into R&D on FaceID I was pretty sure this was their vision for future iPhones. I personally hope they keep some form of FaceID going forward as I've had way more problems with TouchID than FaceID which with rare exceptions "just works" for me. I could almost count on one hand the number of times FaceID has failed to open my phone for me in the last year when I was actually trying to open it (vs. saying picking it up in the morning to snooze an alarm a few times and it locks out after thinking I was trying to get in to it). On my 7+ and earlier on the other hand I could run out of fingers easily within a month or less.
    09-13-2018 12:36 PM
    I never had any thought that the iPhone X was a one off anniversary device, especially when Tim Cook said that Face ID is the future, here to stay and that Touch ID was not coming back.
    09-13-2018 01:50 PM
    I never felt the X was special beyond the fact that it was the first iPhone with such a drastic change and introduced us to Apple's FaceID. I knew it would become the standard in iPhone devices moving forward.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-04-2018 10:47 AM
    I was a little disappointed/surprised that Apple didn't release a "Limited Edition Ten Year Anniversary" for the X, but I kinda figured this would be the iPhone design going forward.
    kataran and nikkisharif like this.
    10-04-2018 11:03 AM