The X wasn’t just a Fluck

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
How many have piece of mind knowing they didn’t buy a concept device but the beginning of the future of the iPhone

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Even if the X was a one-off (which I never believed), I am very happy with it, and would remain so. I'm looking forward to when they come out with something better (no notch? embedded Touch ID?) for when I buy my next phone, probably in a couple of years.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I never thought it was a concept device and have always loved the gesture concept being a former Blackberry 10 user.

The gesture concept can take the next step now that Apple is going to go forward with it on their next generation of devices.

For myself, I will probably buy one of the new XS models as I always do when the new models are released.

But this time it may not be on the pre order date because I still love my iPhone X and while their are always improvements on the newer models, the XS is not going to make me want to be the first in line to get one as I was when the original X was released. Just my two cents worth.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I never thought it was a concept device and have always loved the gesture concept being a former Blackberry 10 user.

The gesture concept can take the next step now that Apple is going to go forward with it on their next generation of devices.

Gestures and screen is what pulled me away from my beloved SE and like you said the next step will be lovely

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Based on the amount of time Apple said they put into R&D on FaceID I was pretty sure this was their vision for future iPhones. I personally hope they keep some form of FaceID going forward as I've had way more problems with TouchID than FaceID which with rare exceptions "just works" for me. I could almost count on one hand the number of times FaceID has failed to open my phone for me in the last year when I was actually trying to open it (vs. saying picking it up in the morning to snooze an alarm a few times and it locks out after thinking I was trying to get in to it). On my 7+ and earlier on the other hand I could run out of fingers easily within a month or less.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I never had any thought that the iPhone X was a one off anniversary device, especially when Tim Cook said that Face ID is the future, here to stay and that Touch ID was not coming back.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I never felt the X was special beyond the fact that it was the first iPhone with such a drastic change and introduced us to Apple's FaceID. I knew it would become the standard in iPhone devices moving forward.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I was a little disappointed/surprised that Apple didn't release a "Limited Edition Ten Year Anniversary" for the X, but I kinda figured this would be the iPhone design going forward.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73