Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more! | Order: AirPods 2 | New iPhones
    You remember when bad rumors hit early this year saying the X would be cancelled? Forbes spreading bad info. People here spreading bad info like saying their Verizon store manager said the X was indeed cancelled. Their dog spreading rumors it was cancelled. Well it was Fake News. Well it turned out the X sold very well and we found out it’s successor in just over 24 hours.

I can’t wait.
    Just_Me_D and Annie_8plus like this.
    09-11-2018 11:25 AM
    All I know is anytime I see a link leading to the Forbes website, I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. That website is a cesspool.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    09-11-2018 11:31 AM
    All I know is anytime I see a link leading to the Forbes website, I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. That website is a cesspool.
    I don’t either. They report things without any real source.
    Vega007 likes this.
    09-11-2018 11:35 AM
    I am confused. Apple will be selling the old iPhone X after second generation release?
    09-11-2018 11:38 AM
    You remember when bad rumors hit early this year saying the X would be cancelled? Forbes spreading bad info. People here spreading bad info like saying their Verizon store manager said the X was indeed cancelled. Their dog spreading rumors it was cancelled. Well it was Fake News. Well it turned out the X sold very well and we found out it’s successor in just over 24 hours.

I can’t wait.
    I think we knew that was a dumb rumor the minute it happened lol.
    09-11-2018 12:05 PM
    I am confused. Apple will be selling the old iPhone X after second generation release?
    This isn’t about selling the X after the new one comes out. This was about the bad rumors that came out back in January about it being cancelled and production stopping. We already know there is no need for a lower cost cost with the LCD 6.1 coming.
    taylorh and Annie_8plus like this.
    09-11-2018 12:13 PM
    I should hope not: it’s the best phone I’ve ever had.
    kataran and Not Quite Right like this.
    09-11-2018 12:34 PM
    I believe that the original rumor was that the X was going out of production this summer and would not continue to be sold as as one year old iPhone at a reduced price. People (well, at least one i-diot at Forbes) misinterpreted that as the phone being canceled. We will see tomorrow if that is true.

I don't subscribe to Ming-Chi Kuo's newsletter, but here is an article that came out before (2 days before) Forbes's did: https://www.macrumors.com/2018/01/19...iphone-demand/

Quoting the relevant part that actually quoted Kuo's article:

We revise down 1Q18 and 2Q18 shipments of iPhone X to 18mn units and 13mn units, respectively, lower than market consensus of 20-30mn and 15-20mn units. We expect iPhone X will go to end of life (EOL) around mid-2018 and that total life cycle shipments will be around 62mn units, lower than our previous forecast of 80mn units.
    Everybody else seemed to misinterpret that. Almost immediately after the dumb Forbes article, Kuo issued an update: https://www.macrumors.com/2018/01/22...inal-iphone-x/

iPhone X would hurt product brand value & lineup of 2H18 new models if it continues to sell at a lower price after 2H18 new models launch: Lowering iPhone X's price after the 2H18 new models launch would be a negative to product brand value given 3D sensing and OLED display are features of the new high-price model. Additionally, to sell iPhone X at a lower price may have a negative impact on shipments of the new 6.1" LCD iPhone in 2H18. Thus, we estimate iPhone X will reach end-of-life (EOL) around the middle of 2018.
    So, it wasn't fake news - it was a journalist being an i-diot misinterpreting a rumor (which is probably going to turn out to be true.)
    Last edited by doogald; 09-11-2018 at 02:20 PM.
    xanadome likes this.
    09-11-2018 12:58 PM
    I think we knew that was a dumb rumor the minute it happened lol.
    Problem is people are too gullible and believe everything they read or hear.
    09-11-2018 01:49 PM
    I believe that the original rumor was that the X was going out of production this summer and would not continue to be sold as as one year old iPhone at a reduced price. People (well, at least one i-diot at Forbes) misinterpreted that as the phone being canceled. We will see tomorrow if that is true.
    Pretty much the way I see it.
    taylorh and xanadome like this.
    09-11-2018 03:02 PM
    No but prices have tanked, one of our biggest electrical retailers here have just dropped $250. Big drop even on the eave of new ones. Also re sale is probably worst i have seen on a iPhone and i buy and sell a lot.
    Glad i sold my X64gb for $1070 a month ago, where i sold to are only offering $830 now and will be less after tomorrow.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/deals/phones/apple-iphone-x/
    Last edited by Cladster; 09-11-2018 at 08:42 PM.
    09-11-2018 07:02 PM
    The rumors were spot on that once the Xs comes out, X will no longer be there. Here is the screenshot from the Apple website. This doesnt mean X is bad, its just time to move on. I am hoping Xs will be available for longer than the X as Apple is making the X design consistent across all iPhone models.

Bad rumors... The X never got cancelled-no-iphone-x.png
    libra89 likes this.
    09-12-2018 11:33 PM
    The Apple Watch 2 was replaced by the Apple Watch 3 GPS, too.
    09-13-2018 01:52 PM
    The iPhone X was canceled. Not that style phone though. There are differences in the iPhone X and the Xs. Not many, but some. These are the main differences the Xs brings.

More powerful bionic chip
    Slightly heavier
    More water resistant
    Improved Neural Engine in the A12 Bionic, along with augmented reality and graphical improvements.
    Better battery life
    Maybe more RAM.
    09-14-2018 06:58 PM