Saw this on YouTube. Has me rethinking a case. May get a skin though, to protect from scratches.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    09-04-2018 09:45 PM
    I don’t drop my phone as well. It just comes down to device awareness to me
    09-04-2018 10:46 PM
    I’ve had my X since mid March, and haven’t dropped it yet. I am a truck driver, and the fear of dropping it from the cab is worrying. I had a Rhinoshield bumper on my 7 plus. I’m thinking about getting the back protector, already have the front one, and using a bumper on the truck. Take the bumper off at home.
    09-04-2018 11:07 PM
    I use Peel case which is super thin. I also have Apple Care so I am willing to take the risk. But as said in the video, I am very cautious with my phone that I will handle with care
    09-04-2018 11:43 PM
    Remember that Tyson is probably wealthy enough to afford to replace his phone if he actually does drop it. Are you wealthy enough?
    popkurn611 and Annie_8plus like this.
    09-05-2018 09:20 AM
    I get the idea, but I can't take that risk especially not with 3 year old boys around.

Both Rogan and NgT have the X. Interesting.
    09-05-2018 12:13 PM
    Like a car accident. I mean, who gets in the car in the morning and says " i think i'll wreck the ride today" doesn't matter how aware you are, Its how aware are the people around you.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    09-05-2018 12:27 PM
    My biggest issue with not using a case is how slick the iphone is. I saw this video the other day and found that what Tyson said is actually accurate. Now I twirl my phone occasionally and feel like I have a better grip on it.
    09-05-2018 12:32 PM
    Like a car accident. I mean, who gets in the car in the morning and says " i think i'll wreck the ride today" doesn't matter how aware you are, Its how aware are the people around you.
    Car accidents can be avoided 90% of the time but there are jobs that I agree would be prudent to use a case. Fisherman using waterproof cases or a truck driver with a bump case

I agree being aware of the elbow busters means holding onto your device like you would a hot cup of coffee ☕️
    09-05-2018 01:43 PM
    My biggest issue with not using a case is how slick the iphone is. I saw this video the other day and found that what Tyson said is actually accurate. Now I twirl my phone occasionally and feel like I have a better grip on it.
    I started doing it myself, and found I have a better feel for it. Doesn’t feel as slippery anymore in the hand.
    09-05-2018 02:11 PM
    Car accidents can be avoided 90% of the time but there are jobs that I agree would be prudent to use a case. Fisherman using waterproof cases or a truck driver with a bump case

I agree being aware of the elbow busters means holding onto your device like you would a hot cup of coffee ☕️
    Absolutely, my phone will be in an Otterbox Defender the next couple days. I’ll be in a boom lift 30-40 feet above concrete.
    kataran likes this.
    09-05-2018 02:13 PM
    I don't think about it at all. I just don't use a case because I don't like them. If I drop the phone, which I have various times, I don't care. If I damage it that badly I'll repair it or get another one.
    kataran likes this.
    09-05-2018 03:01 PM
    I hate cases as well. I never used to use cases back when we would subsidize phones because I knew I would just a new phone and the old phone would go in a junk drawer. Now that we have to buy the phones, I like to sell them once I am done with them, and hence why I started the trend of using a case - even though I detest them. I really miss the old way of buying phones...the good ol' days.
    09-05-2018 03:41 PM
    I never liked a case on my phone. But after a couple of cracked screens, they have become a necessary evil.
    And don’t think you will not drop your phone, it can and probably will happen.
    It’s not just the cracked screen I worry about. But also what the shock of the drop does to the phones internals.
    09-06-2018 04:00 AM
    I hate cases as well. I never used to use cases back when we would subsidize phones because I knew I would just a new phone and the old phone would go in a junk drawer. Now that we have to buy the phones, I like to sell them once I am done with them, and hence why I started the trend of using a case - even though I detest them. I really miss the old way of buying phones...the good ol' days.
    Have you tried Apple Upgrade Program yet?
    09-06-2018 08:23 AM
    I love the phones on their own.... but I know myself too well... a case is completely necessary for me. The "twirling" is an interesting concept though...
    09-06-2018 08:51 AM
    The "twirling" is an interesting concept though...
    It’s weird, but it does seem to help. I just do it a couple of minutes at a time, usually sitting on my bed. Now, I have a much better feel for it.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    09-06-2018 09:12 AM
    Have you tried Apple Upgrade Program yet?
    No? I don't even know what that is.

edit: Ok so I looked into that, its basically where you just finance the phone. That doesn't matter to me as I buy my phones full price. What I liked was committing to a service for 2 years and getting a phone at a heavy discount.
    09-06-2018 09:33 AM
    That's great and all.

However, paying less than $20 bucks for a case that serves a purpose (to prevent damage to my device) is worth it in my eyes.
    09-06-2018 08:23 PM
    I cringe when I see someone using an iPhone without a case to be honest.
    09-17-2018 06:06 PM
    I cringe when I see someone using an iPhone without a case to be honest.
    Really? Why is that?

I have since turned to a clear skin so it looks like I don't have anything on my phone, but it's there, offering me scratch protection and that is probably it. For me it is worth it though, feels great using it, opposed to a stupid, annoying case.
    09-18-2018 11:22 AM