Why the assumption that she was better than everyone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Two women were sitting in a local restaurant. Both were eating their breakfast as well as typing on their Android smartphones. A third woman entered the restaurant carrying an iPhone X. The two seated women began staring at her. As the woman followed the greeter to her table, she observed the two women staring at her so as she was passing their table, she said, "Good morning" to them and then proceeded to her own table.

Neither of the women returned her salutation, however, when she had passed by, one of them said to the other, "that heffa thinks she's better than everyone". The other one nodded in agreement.

Mr. or Mrs. Somebody, please help me understand how the two Android carrying women concluded that the iPhone carrying woman thought she was better than everyone? Is it because

1. She said "Good morning"?
2. She was carrying an iPhone X and they were using Android devices?
3. She was more beautiful than they were?
4. Women are trifling....(laughing)?
5. All of the above?
6. None of the above?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
While I’m utterly confused as to what made you make such a post, there is only one answer I can come up with:
Women like to talk about other women like that. Unlike men, who don’t actually share their thoughts about other guys with their friends; women don’t have any problem in doing so.

As to the reason why they thought the iPhone carrying, beautiful woman may have thought so is that she may have looked at them funny. Women don’t appreciate it when other women are fully confident of themselves.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is what you really want to know if it's #2 , this being an Apple eccentric fan forum and all? I would say that didn't have anything to do with it. But that may depend on variables we don't know. Based on what we do know, it could have been anything.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Is what you really want to know if it's #2 , this being an Apple eccentric fan forum and all? I would say that didn't have anything to do with it. But that may depend on variables we don't know. Based on what we do know, it could have been anything.

That actually tends to be the correct answer in many cases as the iPhone, especially the X, is still considered to be a showcase of wealth. However, I do agree we are missing other variables as we are not to see this interaction.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While I’m utterly confused as to what made you make such a post, there is only one answer I can come up with:
Women like to talk about other women like that. Unlike men, who don’t actually share their thoughts about other guys with their friends; women don’t have any problem in doing so.

As to the reason why they thought the iPhone carrying, beautiful woman may have thought so is that she may have looked at them funny. Women don’t appreciate it when other women are fully confident of themselves.

You know me. I like stirring the pot a bit...:cool:...As for the beautiful woman, she did not look at them in a negative way whatsoever.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I... I would say that didn't have anything to do with it. But that may depend on variables we don't know. Based on what we do know, it could have been anything.

That actually tends to be the correct answer in many cases as the iPhone, especially the X, is still considered to be a showcase of wealth. However, I do agree we are missing other variables as we are not to see this interaction.
Agreed, and that's why I asked the question....:cool:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
As for the beautiful woman, she did not look at them in a negative way whatsoever.

That is without doubt. Like I said, women are wired different than men, which is a good thing, per se, therefore it’s difficult for a man to understand what moves a woman.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Did this happen or something? Is it possible this has absolutely nothing to do with the kind of phones these women are using and maybe they know each other? This is a confusing post lol.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I must live a sheltered life because I’ve literally never seen anyone in public openly chastise another over their phone choice. Hell, nobody around here really pays that much attention. Is it really that bad out there? Lol. This scenario sounds wild. Even more so if it was literally just about a cell phone choice.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I must live a sheltered life because I’ve literally never seen anyone in public openly chastise another over their phone choice. Hell, nobody around here really pays that much attention. Is it really that bad out there? Lol. This scenario sounds wild. Even more so if it was literally just about a cell phone choice.

Oh I've never seen it either, but studies were done and showed that people associate iPhone with class and wealth.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did this happen or something? Is it possible this has absolutely nothing to do with the kind of phones these women are using and maybe they know each other? This is a confusing post lol.

It happened, and I don't know what caused the women to feel the way they did, and that is why I'm asking....:cool:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Depending on where you're from, you may indeed have never seen anything like that, but I have. In fact, I've seen things I wish I could unsee....:cool:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Two women were sitting in a local restaurant. Both were eating their breakfast as well as typing on their Android smartphones. A third woman entered the restaurant carrying an iPhone X. The two seated women began staring at her. As the woman followed the greeter to her table, she observed the two women staring at her so as she was passing their table, she said, "Good morning" to them and then proceeded to her own table.

Neither of the women returned her salutation, however, when she had passed by, one of them said to the other, "that heffa thinks she's better than everyone". The other one nodded in agreement.

Mr. or Mrs. Somebody, please help me understand how the two Android carrying women concluded that the iPhone carrying woman thought she was better than everyone? Is it because

1. She said "Good morning"?
2. She was carrying an iPhone X and they were using Android devices?
3. She was more beautiful than they were?
4. Women are trifling....(laughing)?
5. All of the above?
6. None of the above?
Not sure I'm fully understanding this post, whatever it was, it probably had zero to do with the phone she was carrying.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
We must live the same sheltered life. The only place people care about what phone someone carries is in these forums.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure I'm fully understanding this post, whatever it was, it probably had zero to do with the phone she was carrying.

You could very well be right. I've made it clear that I do not know the answer, but in an attempt to understand, I listed 5 possible reasons, based on my observations, and one unknown.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Some of you are somehow offended by this thread. I posted it in the iPhone X thread because an iPhone X was one of the two devices I observed during the encounter. Neither I or any of you can say with 100% certainty that the iPhone X was not the primary cause for the disdain and neither can we say that it was, but if it was, then why? Would this thread had been more *acceptable* if I had posted it in the "off-topic" section?

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I’m assuming they probably all knew each other outside of the situation in the restaurant. I’d hate to think they’d be so petty as to dislike her because she owns an iPhone X but who knows. In my experience the general population couldn’t care less what kind of smartphone one owns.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m assuming they probably all knew each other outside of the situation in the restaurant.
My ex-wife is someone who doesn't have to wear make-up and is straight-up gorgeous. Furthermore, she is one of the most likable and approachable people I've ever known and yet she has dealt with similar situations for as long as I've known her. She hates it when others pre-judge and are nasty to her without even knowing anything about her and simply because of her looks.
I’d hate to think they’d be so petty as to dislike her because she owns an iPhone X but who knows. In my experience the general population couldn’t care less what kind of smartphone one owns.
Generally speaking, I agree.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal