Going back to my iPhone 8

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have owned the iPhone X since launch day and I have decided to go back to my iPhone 8 because I have noticed lately my hand aches when I am on a long call or hold my X in my hand for a long period of time.

Unfortunately this is the result of typing and doing repetitive task for over 30 years and it’s caught up to me. The iPhone 8 fits my hand and I don’t have to use such a wide grip when holding the device.

At 62 going on 63 I am not going to complain to much. I enjoy being semi retired. I don’t have to get out of bed to go to the office every day. I pick and choose the small jobs I want to work on and I am enjoying life.

I am hoping that Apple will come out with a smaller version of the X that still uses gestures and I will be all in. Until then, I will enjoy my iPhone 8 and life rolls on.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
@bakron1 you have to do what works best for you. I know you've spoken so highly of loving the gestures on your iPhone X but the physical pain it's causing you while holding it for long periods of time isn't worth it. I'm glad you have another option to satisfy your need. My best to you!!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I think that this is the perfect example of why having options is so great. And hopefully, if all the rumors and speculation are correct, there will be different sizes available in the new batch of iPhones!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It's good that you have the 8 to go back to. It's a great phone and a great size for a lot of people.

Right now it looks like the smallest of the new batch of phones will be the size of the current X. I have a feeling that's going to leave a group of people to stick with the 8. I really feel bad for the SE users. Hopefully Apple has held back a surprise that hasn't leaked.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I enjoy the size of the X myself plus face ID is awesome for unlocking many apps. I use both android and apple devices and they each have their own positive and negative features. I find the X to be the best all around device.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that bakron, I know from reading your post you really liked the X. Do you use a case on it? If so maybe if you haven't already tried it, try using it without a case.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have owned the iPhone X since launch day and I have decided to go back to my iPhone 8 because I have noticed lately my hand aches when I am on a long call or hold my X in my hand for a long period of time.

Unfortunately this is the result of typing and doing repetitive task for over 30 years and it’s caught up to me. The iPhone 8 fits my hand and I don’t have to use such a wide grip when holding the device.

At 62 going on 63 I am not going to complain to much. I enjoy being semi retired. I don’t have to get out of bed to go to the office every day. I pick and choose the small jobs I want to work on and I am enjoying life.

I am hoping that Apple will come out with a smaller version of the X that still uses gestures and I will be all in. Until then, I will enjoy my iPhone 8 and life rolls on.

From my perspective, you went from one iPhone to another..........The reason is irrelevant, sir, because you did what was best for you and your health and I salute you for it.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

I sold my X a few weeks ago and got a 8 and picked up $320 change over. Reasons:
FID not as good as TID
8 has better reception.

Yes it is smaller and lighter and does everything the X does, tap to wake was the only thing i missed at first but have forgot about it till now lol.
Got a saddle brown leather case and glass screen protector should be set now ;)

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I sold my X a few weeks ago and got a 8 and picked up $320 change over. Reasons:
FID not as good as TID
8 has better reception.

Yes it is smaller and lighter and does everything the X does, tap to wake was the only thing i missed at first but have forgot about it till now lol.
Got a saddle brown leather case and glass screen protector should be set now ;)
I have no problem with FID at all actually very accurate for me. I had to redo my face once but that's it I actually feel it's one of apples greatest new features. I believe it will be the only way new device will use for security.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
so the iPhone X is bigger then the 8,7,6 model? didn't know that thought they were about the same size just its a fun screen. I am hoping they will come out with a full screen iPhone that is the size of the plus size iPhones. been using plus size iPhones for a while and now when I hold the regular size iPhones. it feels so small

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I have no problem with FID at all actually very accurate for me. I had to redo my face once but that's it I actually feel it's one of apples greatest new features. I believe it will be the only way new device will use for security.

Try using it in a brodit holder in your car, useless. On a desk NO, flat in your hand NO, in a meeting or where you don't want to raise your phone to your melon NO.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I have heard that the next phone will come in 3 sizes.

All bigger than a 8 though. If they can come up with a phone the size/weight of the 8 with full screen and under screen TID would be perfect for me. Unfortunately with all the added tech and bigger batteries they just get bigger.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone X is .15 inches (3.6 mm) wider than the iPhone 8, so the difference is quite small.

Also 0.1 mm thicker. Almost negligible, but I suppose it could still contribute to an issue with one handed usability in addition to the added width. (And, of course, it is also 0.2"/5.1mm longer, though that shouldn't affect grip.)

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Isn’t the iPhone X the exact size as the iPhone 8, but then with more screen?
Anyway, enjoy your 8.

iPhone 8 is thinner, shorter, and more importantly for someone who has issues with holding a phone for long periods of time, a lot lighter.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234