Is having a colorful iPhone a good thing?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Actually, what wouldn't be a bad idea is something like Motorola did with the Moto X back in 2013. You could customize your device online between different backs and colors, engravings, etc. Apple could probably even charge a fee of like $50 or something to do it.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Here’s a different take:
I believe it has been proven that colors draw us humans in, in other words we will want to pick up up our phone more and use it.

For me, this is not the case. I like colors, but the color of my technology devices (phone, camera, laptop, etc.) does not influence my use of the device.

I have a camera with a black body and one with an orange body, and I don't pick up the orange more often because of the color.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Options are always good. It seems the various color options will be available on the 6.1” LCD version so I wouldn’t be going that route anyway. If I were to get anything, it would be the 6.5” upgrade from the X.

That’s the most likely scenario. Also the wrong one again if they don’t offer it on the other models. It’s a shame they do that, but they do it because the colors attract sales.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely love if Apple offered more color options on the flagship models. It would save me the money and hassle of buying skins every now and again for my color wants.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That’s the most likely scenario. Also the wrong one again if they don’t offer it on the other models. It’s a shame they do that, but they do it because the colors attract sales.

Yeah I would like to see more colors on the higher end models, but I think the 6.1” lcd is going to sell the most in volume. The average consumer will be buying that phone and the color choices should drive those sales numbers up even more. Just my theory anyway. I buy a black or space gray phone 9/10 times anyway, but if I could get the right shade of blue, I’d be on it. I use a case most of the time so it’s not a huge deal either way.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
For me, this is not the case. I like colors, but the color of my technology devices (phone, camera, laptop, etc.) does not influence my use of the device.

I have a camera with a black body and one with an orange body, and I don't pick up the orange more often because of the color.

What was I thinking adding a scientific twist to a conversation on imore? LOL.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I think the real answer to this, is look at the various threads when it has been rumored that additional colors are going to be released. The red iPhones are a great example of this. There is no question in my mind that colors help drive sales -- many people want a "good looking" phone, something beyond that generic gray or silver.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I think the real answer to this, is look at the various threads when it has been rumored that additional colors are going to be released. The red iPhones are a great example of this. There is no question in my mind that colors help drive sales -- many people want a "good looking" phone, something beyond that generic gray or silver.

Don’t the red iPhones raise money for HIV/AIDS too? That’s a good reason for a lot of people.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I would like darker various of the colors. No bright popping colors. Gold, darker red, darker blue at most. I guess the brightest color combo would be white/stainless.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Don’t the red iPhones raise money for HIV/AIDS too? That’s a good reason for a lot of people.

I do think being Project RED helps convince people to pay the money to buy them but, from what I've seen, many people are very excited by them, even without the donation.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I think colors are a nice idea... as long as there are options for those who don't want colors. My Mother in law had a 5C, and she really liked it. She wanted a blue one, but when we got to Verizon, there was only a yellow iPhone available. She wasn't pleased, but I found a blue Otterbox Commuter case, and that took care of it. She was happy!

The only issue with colors is that sometimes the choices are not ones that the buyer is happy with. Trendy colors can be a good thing, but not always! I shudder to think of iPhones in the color of trendy colors from the 70's! Can you imagine an avocado or harvest gold iPhone?

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Here’s a different take:
I believe it has been proven that colors draw us humans in, in other words we will want to pick up up our phone more and use it. The color of an icon, the logos are designed to attract us. Myself, (my opinion only and not trying to influence or judge others) I am trying to remove myself from that feeling that I have to pick up my smartphone every 5 minutes. Therefore, the plainer the better. No colors for me.

Then what you need is a case in beige - the most boring color of all time.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Here’s a different take:
I believe it has been proven that colors draw us humans in, in other words we will want to pick up up our phone more and use it. The color of an icon, the logos are designed to attract us. Myself, (my opinion only and not trying to influence or judge others) I am trying to remove myself from that feeling that I have to pick up my smartphone every 5 minutes. Therefore, the plainer the better. No colors for me.

I’ve become horrible with responding to messages and answering my phones, so maybe I need to get a colorful phone

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I always like a white front facing iPhone or just phones in general. in the past I got myself a black iPhone 6 but I couldn't deal with the all black front face phone. now I have the rose gold iPhone 7 plus. the rose gold have really grown on me

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
For some, sure. I only do black or white. I've done black for the last few years. (Since the 7 Plus Matte Black which still holds a very special place in my heart as my favorite iPhone and favorite iPhone color).

But I think I may change it up with my next iPhone purchase depending on how the white color looks.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
For me it's not the determining factor for my purchasing choice but for others I'm sure it is. I'm all about function over fashion in my later years but when I was younger sure I'll admit the color of something would either draw me toward or away from it. My degree is in Fashion Merchandising so I understand the whole visual and color to drive sales concept. It's nice to have color choices to meet the want of the masses.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal