iPhone X beats the new Samsung S9 in Benchmark tests. Does it sway your opinion of the S9?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Benchmark test from several tech sites have concluded that the iPhone X is still faster than the new Samsung Galaxy S9. Having said that, if you were considering switching to the S9, have the test results altered your decision or does the benefits of having more customization control or your desire to just change phones more appealing to you?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Don't forget, the iPhone isn't for everyone. Besides, it's okay to try something different.....

You’re right, of course. But choosing for the iPhone at the time was a conscious choice and I don’t regret it even a bit.

Last edited:

Brian W1

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Not trying to start anything because I like both iPhones and Androids, but my iPhone X was so bad I took it back. I've never had so many dropped calls. I now have a Note 8 and am very happy with it. I also still have my iPhone 7 plus as a spare.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not trying to start anything because I like both iPhones and Androids, but my iPhone X was so bad I took it back. I've never had so many dropped calls. I now have a Note 8 and am very happy with it. I also still have my iPhone 7 plus as a spare.

You’re not starting anything. It happens. You may have had a lemon iPhone X or the antenna simply wasn’t strong enough for your area. Either way, you found a device that suits your needs and that is all that matters...

Brian W1

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
You’re not starting anything. It happens. You may have had a lemon iPhone X or the antenna simply wasn’t strong enough for your area. Either way, you found a device that suits your needs and that is all that matters...
The thing is I travel (truck driver), and places I never had problems before, were dropping calls.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site
Benchmark test from several tech sites have concluded that the iPhone X is still faster than the new Samsung Galaxy S9. Having said that, if you were considering switching to the S9, have the test results altered your decision or does the benefits of having more customization control or your desire to just change phones more appealing to you?
It's amazing how even in this year when we know benchmarks are nothing but just vanity numbers and that they don't portray the real usage scenarios, we still want to keep talking about if it favors our precious likeable device.

If benchmarks is what drives your decision, you got to seriously think about your decisions :)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’m not looking to switch back to android, but I don’t think benchmarks have any impact on the average user. As far as what most people use their devices for, the Note 9 will definitely be faster than the device they’re upgrading from.

With that being said, I’m glad the X is still a force to be reckoned with. This just validates my thought process of not upgrading this year. The device I have is perfect

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's amazing how even in this year when we know benchmarks are nothing but just vanity numbers and that they don't portray the real usage scenarios, we still want to keep talking about if it favors our precious likeable device.

If benchmarks is what drives your decision, you got to seriously think about your decisions :)

More people than you know pay a lot of attention to benchmarks, especially this era in which YouTube is arguably the preferred medium for research.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Agreed!!! I carry both & my 8 always has more bars than the X, even though it’s the same exact service.

In Australia our biggest Telco Telstra that has the best coverage especially out of the cities has what they call blue tick testing for all phones, which means the phones they give blue tick too have better coverage in rural areas, the 8 has blue tick, the 6S and 4S had it, X doesn't and don't see the new X/plus having it either.

One reason i went back to the 8.

w00cash1020

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Dont care about benchmarks. Android is still gonna start lagging after a while even if they put 20gb of ram in it and I have an ocd about that! My old 6s still works fine while my moms lg g3 was pretty much a lag fest very fast.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm laughing at the benchmark speed differences as though these new device speeds were based on my first smartphone the Blackberry 8330. To be honest the speed differences are very minor to me and my decision on which device to purchase. The way I use my device it really doesn't make a difference, they're all pretty fast these days.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
What’s funny is that even though the iPhone X beats the S9, they will still sell a boatload of S9’s because they have their loyal followers like Apple does.

The factor that does concern me is the price of the new S9, for what little features they are providing for the price of the device just might have an affect on sales, time will tell.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro