Why would anyone of sound mind want to buy a Samsung device anyway?
    You’ve never used an Android device, right?
    08-12-2018 10:12 PM
    Benchmarks will never sway my decision on which device to purchase. I’m seriously considering the Note 9.
    08-12-2018 10:14 PM
    You’ve never used an Android device, right?
    Apart from those 2 or 3 minutes in the past? No!
    08-12-2018 11:25 PM
    What’s funny is that even though the iPhone X beats the S9, they will still sell a boatload of S9’s because they have their loyal followers like Apple does.

The factor that does concern me is the price of the new S9, for what little features they are providing for the price of the device just might have an affect on sales, time will tell.
    I am guessing you are talking about Note 9. If Note 9, you are wrong about that they come with little features. If you have used a Samsung phone you know how many features they pack. Depending on what you are looking for, some may be useful and some not. Android is all about choice and Samsung doesn't dissappoint in that area.

And talking about specs, literally, there is no phone you can compare to the Note 9. Just that 4,000 mah battery is massive enough that Note 9 is the only phone that is equipped with such a huge battery, at least when you look at the US market. This will be a great boost for users that seek productivity.

All of the Note features are unique and pretty useful if you are craving for productivity. Its a different world to iOS but they come packed with lots of features and capabilities that are useful to many. In fact, Apple devices come packed with very little features and depend on apps/service to do the magic, which is a different approach.
    08-13-2018 01:26 AM
    I couldn’t care any less and on top of that I have no plans to ever buy a Samsung device as long as those people are producing those devices. Those same people who were pretty negligible with the exploding battery fiasco. A simple search on the matter will show you what I’m talking about.

The internet can forget things quickly, but I don’t.
    bakron1 likes this.
    08-13-2018 09:27 AM
    Benchmarks....... heh. Real world use is what matters the most. At least to me.
    08-13-2018 11:52 AM
    I couldn’t care any less and on top of that I have no plans to ever buy a Samsung device as long as those people are producing those devices. Those same people who were pretty negligible with the exploding battery fiasco. A simple search on the matter will show you what I’m talking about.

The internet can forget things quickly, but I don’t.
    Negligible how? 92 reported devices exploded. They recalled 2.5 million units. That's .00368%.

The phones went on sale on August 19th and by September 2nd, they issued a recall of all devices. Where is the negligence? Are you referencing the release of the phones in the first place?
    08-13-2018 12:49 PM
    Are you referencing the release of the phones in the first place?
    Yes. There is evidence that they knew about the battery/thinness problem.

The phones went on sale on August 19th and by September 2nd, they issued a recall of all devices.
    They did not.
    08-13-2018 12:50 PM
    Yes. There is evidence that they knew about the battery/thinness problem.
    Ah. Makes sense.
    08-13-2018 12:53 PM
    I am guessing you are talking about Note 9. If Note 9, you are wrong about that they come with little features. If you have used a Samsung phone you know how many features they pack. Depending on what you are looking for, some may be useful and some not. Android is all about choice and Samsung doesn't dissappoint in that area.

And talking about specs, literally, there is no phone you can compare to the Note 9. Just that 4,000 mah battery is massive enough that Note 9 is the only phone that is equipped with such a huge battery, at least when you look at the US market. This will be a great boost for users that seek productivity.

All of the Note features are unique and pretty useful if you are craving for productivity. Its a different world to iOS but they come packed with lots of features and capabilities that are useful to many. In fact, Apple devices come packed with very little features and depend on apps/service to do the magic, which is a different approach.
    I have owned many Samsung devices including the Note series and they have their following as does the Apple brand. As far as features and performance, my iPhone X does everything I need it to do and everyone I know who owns one feels the same.

I had the privilege of testing the Note 8 and thought the iPhone X was a better buy for the money. Built quality and warranty are second to none and as far as productivity, I along with my clients whom most use the iPhone X are just as productive as any Note series device.

In the end, it’s up to the consumer to make his/her choice when purchasing any new device. Just my two cents worth.
    08-13-2018 01:29 PM
    Benchmarks mean nothing to me it's the speed of the device that counts. Installing IOS 12 beta made a Hugh difference on my X it's super fast now with great new features. Numbers are just that numbers what I can see is more important.
    bakron1 likes this.
    08-14-2018 08:10 AM
    No. I will never buy S9. I hate its appearance.
    08-15-2018 11:47 PM
    No. I will never buy S9. I hate its appearance.
    I own both devices and they each have their own features that stand out. Apples apps work great where as androids apps crash a lot. Android is more customizable to each personalities. It’s nice to switch it up every now and then.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    08-25-2018 01:30 AM
    These days speed is pretty irrelevant. The last phone I thought was slow was the 6plus. Since then the 7 plus and S8+ have had more than enough speed for me.
    08-25-2018 09:28 PM
39 12