Do more people switch from the iPhone or to the iPhone?

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Looks like there's bias against the green bubble vs the blue bubble. C'mon now. It's not a big deal on what device people really use. If you have a friend who uses an Android device, who cares?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Looks like there's bias against the green bubble vs the blue bubble. C'mon now. It's not a big deal on what device people really use. If you have a friend who uses an Android device, who cares?

Threads like this make for an interesting forum. We CAN disagree WITHOUT being disagreeable. If ya know what I mean. ;) I applauded the OP, @Just_Me_D, for starting such an interesting debate!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't see bias or debate here. It's what people see go on. Most I know stay with what they've used for years. There's been a few who switched, and it's been divided fairly equal.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Threads like this make for an interesting forum. We CAN disagree WITHOUT being disagreeable. If ya know what I mean. ;) I applauded the OP, @Just_Me_D, for starting such an interesting debate!

It's not really an interesting debate though. It's just a bunch of like-minded individuals talking about how much green bubbles suck.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It's not really an interesting debate though. It's just a bunch of like-minded individuals talking about how much green bubbles suck.

Well it IS an Applecentric website! I think a similar question at Android Central might skew more towards the "green side". ;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

That’s incorrect. Those people are saying that they would have a better texting experience if everyone they text could send and receive iMessages.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I keep em on DND because a lot of times, I don’t care about what they’re talking about!

Well, that AND I hate excessive notifications so most groups I’m in are set DND if it’s in messages or muted in like WhatsApp.

Hashtag: don’t judge me

No judgement here...DND is THE best feature on iOS IMHO

There was only two of us that mentioned the green bubbles, so I think that’s actually the minority in this group. I can only speak for myself when I say I don’t care what device someone has; but when it comes to group messages with a combo of iPhone users & Android users, it’s a pain depending on the android device the person has. I’d prefer to not be in the group text.

That’s incorrect. Those people are saying that they would have a better texting experience if everyone they text could send and receive iMessages.

^This

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
As somebody who used an Android phone for 6 years and owned an iPad at the same time, I see nothing weird about that at all. There really have never been good Android tablets, and I always bought an Android phone not because I thought that Android was superior (I believe that on phones that they are pretty equal from a software/OS point of view TBH), but because there was always a reason why I didn't want to go with iPhone at the time of purchase (i.e., iPhone wasn't on Verizon for a few cycles for me, and then the only iPhone that they had was made of glass on the back, which I thought was pretty dumb. And I still do think it's kind of dumb, though obviously I still bought an iPhone built that way.)

Yeah I had to wait for the i5 on sprint to jump on the bandwagon but I never used Android only Windows and webOS. Told myself I would never buy an iPhone bigger than 4 inches but now loving my X.

We Humans are flawed 🤫

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

The only issue for me is group conversations. If it is an iMessage group, I can remove myself. If it is a group that includes people not using iMessage (which could be iPhone users), I cannot remove myself from the group.

anon(10092459)

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
Interesting topic... I think in my total circle (work+friends/family) it's been static at about 50/50 for years. I can think of one person that switched to an iPhone, but it was a non traditional path... Got a MacBook, then a tablet, THEN an iPhone after some time.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have spent the last few years slowly switching most of my family and convincing most of my “circle” to switch to the iPhone. All but one family member has switched that I talk to on an at least once weekly basis. A few friends/coworkers are hold outs for one reason or another. However intend to see more people in my area switch from iOS to android. Price might be an issue. I have thought about the switch myself. The only thing and I mean only thing holding me back is iMessage. To useful with family/work.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
Most people I know with an iPhone wouldn’t even consider switching and still call all Android phones “Droids” or “Galaxies.” I do know quite a few people, including myself and my wife, who have switched to the iPhone within the past two years.

I think Android is a lot more fun to tinker with if you have the time and desire. However, people eventually want something that just works the way it’s supposed to and that’s when they go to iPhone. Since making the switch two years ago myself, I have gone “all Apple” with my electronics and only wish I would have done it sooner.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Most people I know with an iPhone wouldn’t even consider switching and still call all Android phones “Droids” or “Galaxies.” I do know quite a few people, including myself and my wife, who have switched to the iPhone within the past two years.

I think Android is a lot more fun to tinker with if you have the time and desire. However, people eventually want something that just works the way it’s supposed to and that’s when they go to iPhone. Since making the switch two years ago myself, I have gone “all Apple” with my electronics and only wish I would have done it sooner.

A good deal of people here share your feelings, but there are some who will never be able to understand it. They see the iPhone as too limiting and feel that you should also see it that way, and when you don’t, they assume you’re brain dead or something. Us “sticking with something that works” for us and them “sticking with something that works” for them is foreign to them even though it’s the same thing....#smh

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’d say more move to the iPhone, but there are a lot who switch from the iPhone. And then, of course, there are those who go back-and-forth! Many of you here fit into the latter category!

Last edited:

kargurin

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I have no loyalty for one over the other since both have their strengths and weaknesses. I have a S8+ now and have my eye on the plus X or whatever you want to call it. I upgrade yearly and go back and forth between platforms. In the end I just get bored staying exclusively with one.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro