Bluetooth range

ssbtech

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with Bluetooth range on the X? If I get any more than a few feet away from my Jabra speakerphone, the audio gets all broken up. Been streaming Google Play music to it, but music on the phone does it as well. When it's a foot away, not a problem.

The Jabra is fine, my BlackBerry streams to it no problem at 15'. I don't have another device to test the X with.

Thanks.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
The iPhone X comes with BlueTooth 5, which is supposed to have a range of about 800 feet. You could try making an appointment at the Genius Bar where I'm sure they have tools to test the BlueTooth range for you.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It’s been fine for me but the range is highly dependent on the device I’m connected to.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with Bluetooth range on the X? If I get any more than a few feet away from my Jabra speakerphone, the audio gets all broken up. Been streaming Google Play music to it, but music on the phone does it as well. When it's a foot away, not a problem.

The Jabra is fine, my BlackBerry streams to it no problem at 15'. I don't have another device to test the X with.

Thanks.

The Bluetooth range with my iPhone X is pretty far.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
If your device is old like my truck stereo its past its life. Some reason the X dont like old bluetooth devices. My wife has the same issue with a headset bought last year. Even though it's not a year old yet it is a 2016 model. My stereo lasted from the iphone 5 to 7+. Not bad but not good either.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I haven’t had any issues with my AW and AirPods. My AW will stay connected for quite awhile before losing connectivity ... but I’m not sure if it’s 800 feet.

bobsgolf

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Evening

I had a pair of Bluetooth headphones and when I put my phone in my trouser pocket the sound would break up , if I take my phone out of my pocket it worked perfectly . That is only a few feet apart , I have since bought another make of Bluetooth headphones and I have no problem . My phone is a iPhone X .

B_Ross

Jul 31, 2018
Visit site
My girlfriend's iphone X has a better bluetooth range than my 7 model, but compatibility of different hardware and codecs /firmware can be at play, as much as interference that the blackberry dongle is possibly handling better.

Environment does affect the range for me, I could go pretty far down my hallway and even on my back or front balcony with no loss, but if I try going up or downstairs, I instantly lose it. I avoid bluetooth for audio for now beyond when I am out on walks or out of the house.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
If your device is old like my truck stereo its past its life. Some reason the X dont like old bluetooth devices. My wife has the same issue with a headset bought last year. Even though it's not a year old yet it is a 2016 model. My stereo lasted from the iphone 5 to 7+. Not bad but not good either.

It all depends on the device. I have an old Motorola Bluetooth FM transmitter I use sometimes and it works just fine. Bluetooth 5 on the iPhone is backwards compatible. I have a pair of new JBL Bluetooth earphones that constantly have problems. The Bluetooth keyboard I have works great, though.

ssbtech

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I have the Jabra Speak 510. Not sure of the Bluetooth version, but it was working OK when I first got the X. It works fine when it's within a foot of each other, but breaks right up with any sort of distance.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73