Anyone Else Selling in preparation for September?

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone Else Selling Ready For September?

Just upgraded to an 8 plus as my 6 plus wasn’t fairing to well anymore and hope to have it 4 years at least. Wanted all the internals of the x basically but no Face ID so I won’t be upgrading for a long time

Actually ended up returning the 8 plus. Just wasn't $800 better than my 6 plus to me. 🤷*♂️ probably will use this till it just dies then see what's available then. Phones are getting so expensive I want to truly get all I can get out of it I guess.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I normally sell my devices but I think this year I'll just trade my X in. I don't want to go through the hassle of trying to sell.

I usually sell every year as well but I am also getting tired of dealing with the hassle of it every year. I’ve got too much going on these days. Not sure what I’m gonna do but I guess I need to decide soon.

Mark1112

Jul 15, 2018
Visit site
Just got on board with the X in July. So I will be on the sidelines this September. Frankly I like getting on the tail end of Apple’s cycle. Plenty of time for any issues to be resolved. Plus with IOS 12 being released. My old X will feel like a new one. Minus the size? Can’t carry a micro tablet in my pocket anyways. Enjoy Apple Day. Anybody know of the exact release date?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Just got on board with the X in July. So I will be on the sidelines this September. Frankly I like getting on the tail end of Apple’s cycle. Plenty of time for any issues to be resolved. Plus with IOS 12 being released. My old X will feel like a new one. Minus the size? Can’t carry a micro tablet in my pocket anyways. Enjoy Apple Day. Anybody know of the exact release date?

Rumors are announced around 14th released 19th September. Hope you got a good deal on the X?

I knocked back a sealed new X256gb on the weekend for $1150, they are $1829AUD here, was going to flip it but they are going for under $1500 on ebay, take out fees etc wasn't worth it, where i usually sell too are only offering $1160.
Got a 7 plus to try great phone but just too big for me, flipped it.

Sitting on my 8 i think.

https://mobilemonster.com.au/sell-your-phone/apple/iphone-x-256gb

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Rumors are announced around 14th released 19th September.

Apple doesn't usually release on a Wednesday, so I think the accepted rumor is Friday, Sept 21 (with pre-order the prior Friday, Sept 14), at least for two of the three rumored new phones.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Besides the new processor and updated camera I don't know if it is worth the price of the upgrade. This is the first year I have kept my phone's the longest just can't keep putting out large amounts of cash for the latest and greatest devices.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Besides the new processor and updated camera I don't know if it is worth the price of the upgrade. This is the first year I have kept my phone's the longest just can't keep putting out large amounts of cash for the latest and greatest devices.

I am hearing you, i buy and sell a few so make up my losses a bit. I sold my 8 when X released, just sold my X a few weeks ago and bought another 8. The expirement cost me $350 with the bonus of AC+ on my new 8 so not too bad, then if i had of just kept the original 8 ;)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I already locked in my resell price with a 30 day window, given the prices will start dropping quickly and if the new XS 5.8" does have a lower price point than last years it will impact the X resale value. I just checked and it has dropped $110 from just a few days ago. Fortunately I have 30 days.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I recently did a trade in via Apple’s recycling program for my old 7 plus that had been collecting dust and got $290.00/US in Apple Store credit for it. Probably not the best price for it, I know... but better than nothing (imo).

Last edited:

AJ19920

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site
I normally give my old devices to family members,

Dad: IPhone 3G (from 2008!)
Mom: IPhone 7 Plus
Brother: IPhone 6 Plus

I’m not sure if I’m going to upgrade this year because my X has quite a few scratches etc so the reselling value won’t be that high to help me cover the cost. But we will see

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73