Anyone Else Selling in preparation for September?

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Just sold my Silver X64Gb for $1100AUD and picked up a 3 week old 8 64GB with Apple care plus on it for $750.
Not sure what i will do come September, not really feeling the value in spending $1500+ on a new X/X plus as i did last year.

This was my second X i swapped colours and sold my original for $1100 and got the second 3 days old for $1000.
Maybe wait a few months till they hit the second hand market could be better option.

Also i hate FID for verious reasons, even with iOS 12 it's not much better IMO, so not sure what i will do going forward as Apple will stick with it. I turn it off a lot which is better but with saved safari passwords there is no security.
It's nice to be back on TID with a smaller/lighter phone for now.

Also i reckon they will tank in price come September especially if the new X is same price and the old has a price drop, so i got out now with some value left in it. The 8 will too but being a cheaper phone won't be as hard to off load especially with AC+.

Anyone else doing the same?

Disclaimer: I buy and sell a fair bit so rarely keep the same phone 12 months anyway, although have nearly done it with the X.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Anyone Else Selling Ready For September?

Always excited for an Apple event but not as excited as last year. I was very excited last year because I want the X. I won’t be buying the bigger X as I like one handed use. So I’ll likely just get the newer version of the 5.8” so excitement this year is not huge for me. Also not sure I will even sell mine even though I would make a few backs back over trading it in. I’m already eligible to trade mine in with T-Mobile so I’ll like just do that instead of spending the time selling and always a chance of fraud as you can ask many members here about that.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Anyone Else Selling Ready For September?

Just sold my Silver X64Gb for $1100AUD and picked up a 3 week old 8 64GB with Apple care plus on it for $750.
Not sure what i will do come September, not really feeling the value in spending $1500+ on a new X/X plus as i did last year.

This was my second X i swapped colours and sold my original for $1100 and got the second 3 days old for $1000.
Maybe wait a few months till they hit the second hand market could be better option.

Also i hate FID for verious reasons, even with iOS 12 it's not much better IMO, so not sure what i will do going forward as Apple will stick with it. I turn it off a lot which is better but with saved safari passwords there is no security.
It's nice to be back on TID with a smaller/lighter phone for now.

Also i reckon they will tank in price come September especially if the new X is same price and the old has a price drop, so i got out now with some value left in it. The 8 will too but being a cheaper phone won't be as hard to off load especially with AC+.

Anyone else doing the same?

Disclaimer: I buy and sell a fair bit so rarely keep the same phone 12 months anyway, although have nearly done it with the X.

The 8 is basically the same size as the x....

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

The 8 is basically the same size as the x....

Not really, it's shorter, thinner, way lighter. Not why i swapped anyway, but You notice it when you walk 2 dogs 6 k's a day with it in your back pocket.

Last edited:

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

Always excited for an Apple event but not as excited as last year. I was very excited last year because I want the X. I won’t be buying the bigger X as I like one handed use. So I’ll likely just get the newer version of the 5.8” so excitement this year is not huge for me. Also not sure I will even sell mine even though I would make a few backs back over trading it in. I’m already eligible to trade mine in with T-Mobile so I’ll like just do that instead of spending the time selling and always a chance of fraud as you can ask many members here about that.

The X is closer to one handed use than a plus but not as easy as the standard 8, again size isn't why i sold. Don't see the new X 5.8 will be worth swapping a current X for, especially at $1500 plus here, but people do.
Heck my son drives a car worth $1900 lol.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site

I am part of the Apple Upgrade Program. Will get the next iPhone XI as soon as it’s available for pre-order. No questions asked!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Anyone Else Selling Ready For September?

The X is closer to one handed use than a plus but not as easy as the standard 8, again size isn't why i sold. Don't see the new X 5.8 will be worth swapping a current X for, especially at $1500 plus here, but people do.
Heck my son drives a car worth $1900 lol.

I’m either going to be paying monthly for 1 more year on a phone that is one year old or make the same payment on a new one. So I look it as just trade it in yearly for the new one. I no longer pay $1000+ for phones out of pocket. I just don’t see the reason since I can just trade it in and come out of pocket just a little for a new one.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I am part of the Apple Upgrade Program. Will get the next iPhone XI as soon as it’s available for pre-order. No questions asked!

I would have done the Apple upgrade program but I ordered the X right at preorder time and it was 2-3 week wait. T-Mobile still had launch day inventory so I went that route since it’s basically the same as the Apple upgrade program except I can trade it even sooner since I’m on the Jump program. Either way, they both work.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

’m either going to be paying monthly for 1 more year on a phone that is one year old or make the same payment on a new one. So I look it as just trade it in yearly for the new one. I no longer pay $1000+ for phones out of pocket. I just don’t see the reason since I can just trade it in and come out of pocket just a little for a new one.

Wish we had that here, its outright on release, a Telco 2 year contract, wait for a second handy or someone that upgraded contract and kept there old phone to sell..

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Wish we had that here, its outright on release, a Telco 2 year contract, wait for a second handy or someone that upgraded contract and kept there old phone to sell..

I have to buy wife a new one every year so as much as these phones cost now, it just makes sense for us to finance them and trade in yearly instead of paying $2500 for 2 of the 256 GB’s and then having to worry about selling to get back what we can.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
May 31, 2014
Visit site

I would have done the Apple upgrade program but I ordered the X right at preorder time and it was 2-3 week wait. T-Mobile still had launch day inventory so I went that route since it’s basically the same as the Apple upgrade program except I can trade it even sooner since I’m on the Jump program. Either way, they both work.

Hmm..depends when you pre-ordered. On the launch day, usually upgrade program members get precedence over other users. I was able to pre-order mine in the midnight and received it on time!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Hmm..depends when you pre-ordered. On the launch day, usually upgrade program members get precedence over other users. I was able to pre-order mine in the midnight and received it on time!

The minute it went live. Had it completed within a couple of minutes and it was 2-3 week wait. So once I got my order in with tmo for launch day delivery, I cancelled with Apple. I wasn’t on upgrade program previously with Apple.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Not selling my 8 Plus for a long while. Probably will remain my daily driver for the next couple of years.

I'll most likely just give my iPhone X to a family member since I really don't feel like dealing with any sales on the internet. That line will most likely be replaced with whatever new iteration of iPhone 2018 I buy.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

I'll most likely just give my iPhone X to a family member since I really don't feel like dealing with any sales on the internet. That line will most likely be replaced with whatever new iteration of iPhone 2018 I buy.

I use a company here that buy used iPhones, they have set prices and they pay for postage, so just do a sell order on their website and send it in and they pay you within 24hours of receiving it, easy if you don't like ebay or gumtree, not bad prices too, now a excellent condition 64GBX is $1,000.

They check them over though so you won't get away with a problem phone, they found a white spot on a iPad pro i sent in didn't even notice it myself, they sent it back and i got it replaced by Apple, then sent the refurb in.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

I know I won't be spending ~$1,500 (after purchasing AppleCare+) for another iPhone X-like device. I'll spend $950 tops for a 256GB version.

The Note9 is being announced on Thursday. I may go that route instead.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

I wont sell my 7 Plus until I have my X Plus in hand. I will finance it either via T-Mobile or Apple.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Not really, it's shorter, thinner, way lighter. Not why i swapped anyway, but You notice it when you walk 2 dogs 6 k's a day with it in your back pocket.

Way lighter? It’s less than an ounce different. I couldn’t notice that weight difference in my pocket.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I use a company here that buy used iPhones, they have set prices and they pay for postage, so just do a sell order on their website and send it in and they pay you within 24hours of receiving it, easy if you don't like ebay or gumtree, not bad prices too, now a excellent condition 64GBX is $1,000.

They check them over though so you won't get away with a problem phone, they found a white spot on a iPad pro i sent in didn't even notice it myself, they sent it back and i got it replaced by Apple, then sent the refurb in.

What company do you use?

I sell mine every year to upgrade to the latest. I have thought about keeping my X as an extra phone this year since I gave away my SE in December .... but given the amount of money my family has spent this year, I may end up selling just to recoup some of the cost.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen