Why would someone complain about the high cost of the iPhone X and then proceeds to buy it, and after buying it, spends each day complaining about not getting his or her money’s worth? In addition, when it is recommended that he or she return it for a full refund within the return period, he or she refuses and then goes on to complain about how the electricity was almost disconnected because he or she paid too much for the iPhone X.

What the heck is wrong with people these days?
    Premium1, MB64, kataran and 12 others like this.
    08-05-2018 10:15 AM
    08-05-2018 10:17 AM
    On a serious note, I certainly didn’t love paying what I did for my 256 GB iPhone X but I’m a grown man and took ownership of the fact that I VOLUNTARILY purchased my phone at the set price. Apple didn’t force anybody to buy their iPhone X. Drives me nuts when people complain about the price.
    08-05-2018 10:22 AM
    On a serious note, I certainly didn’t love paying what I did for my 256 GB iPhone X but I’m a grown man and took ownership of the fact that I VOLUNTARILY purchased my phone at the set price. Apple didn’t force anybody to buy their iPhone X. Drives me nuts when people complain about the price.
    Nuf said....
    08-05-2018 10:23 AM
    Why would someone complain about the high cost of the iPhone X and then proceeds to buy it, and after buying it, spends each day complaining about not getting his or her money’s worth? In addition, when it is recommended that he or she return it for a full refund within the return period, he or she refuses and then goes on to complain about how the electricity was almost disconnected because he or she paid too much for the iPhone X.

lol this feels like this happened before. The $1,000 dollar phone didn’t cause that because you already had money issues then.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-05-2018 10:50 AM
    (Some) People get sucked into the marketing hype. It’s like gambling. They know they can’t afford it but do it anyway. Then they complain. Companies have known this forever and use it to their advantage, not that they are entirely to blame. Whether it’s the iPhone X or a fancy sports car, people will buy them who can’t afford them.
    MB64, xanadome and Just_Me_D like this.
    08-05-2018 02:46 PM
    I have never complained about Apple prices and I will not complain about it. It’s my choice to spend that money, they didn’t force me.
    08-05-2018 02:47 PM
    I knew full well the cost. That’s why I only took the 64GB and took advantage of T-Mobile’s $300 discount.
    08-05-2018 02:49 PM
    I knew full well the cost. That’s why I only took the 64GB and took advantage of T-Mobile’s $300 discount.
    Crap I got the 64Gb for around $600 after you include th discount and the buyout price from Sprint. $20 a month plus $250 buyout
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-05-2018 02:50 PM
    The point is this: Why did the person hold on to a device that allegedly didn’t meet his or her expectations from day one? In truth, was the person unhappy with the device or simply ticked off at him or herself for getting it knowing it would put a strain on his or her finances? In either case, why didn’t the person return the device within the return period? I think the person was basically ticked off at him or herself for spending that much money for it. In addition, he or she truly like the iPhone X, but just feel that it’s not worth the money paid for it. What say you?
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-05-2018 03:23 PM
    The point is this: Why did the person hold on to a device that allegedly didn’t meet his or her expectations from day one? In truth, was the person unhappy with the device or simply ticked off at him or herself for getting it knowing it would put a strain on his or her finances? In either case, why didn’t the person return the device within the return period? I think the person was basically ticked off at him or herself for spending that much money for it. In addition, he or she truly like the iPhone X, but just feel that it’s not worth the money paid for it. What say you?
    Probably true. People who make wrong decisions find themselves in a quandary. If they return it, they are admitting they were wrong. They want to keep it because they like it. It’s easier to deflect blame.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-05-2018 03:28 PM
    The price was too damn high. I could afford a 256GB iPhone X, but I still feel stupid paying so much for it. The total cost of the device, after AppleCare+, was almost $1,500. No phone should ever cost that much.

This OP seems a bit elitist to me.
    Just_Me_D and xanadome like this.
    08-05-2018 04:45 PM
    The price was too damn high. I could afford a 256GB iPhone X, but I still feel stupid paying so much for it. The total cost of the device, after AppleCare+, was almost $1,500. No phone should ever cost that much.

Me, an elitist?.....Now that’s funny...
    08-05-2018 04:53 PM

I think it’s a tad high but still. If he or she knew the price and still bought it and complaining then it’s nobody’s fault but their own
    08-05-2018 04:58 PM
    Let’s face it, we all wish they cost less.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-05-2018 05:07 PM
    Let’s face it, we all wish they cost less.
    AMEN to that...
    08-05-2018 05:10 PM
    Well the 64Gb is $1579AUD here, which is what i paid on release, 6 months in sold it for $1100 and bought a 3 day old silver X for $1000. Lol to those saying never paying 1K for a phone.
    Last edited by Cladster; 08-05-2018 at 09:21 PM.
    08-05-2018 06:22 PM
    Some people just aren't happy unless they are whining about something. That and they like the attention that whining gets them, even if it is negative attention.

You don't have that kind of time.
    08-06-2018 07:22 AM
    LOL people do it all the time. Draw attention to one self
    08-06-2018 08:13 AM
    I wholeheartedly dislike those ‘whiners’.

You paid, you got. What’s there to complain about?

And it’s 2018 people. The pros and cons of an iPhone are well known by now, so there’s that.
    08-06-2018 08:53 AM
    Newton's third law is: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

• Action: You purchase a $1000 Apple device.
    • Reaction: You don't have any funds left over to play the power bill.

A person is responsible for THEIR OWN actions. The person you should be pointing the finger at is YOURSELF.

Grow up, folks. The only two things in life you're entitled to is taxes and death.
    08-06-2018 10:44 AM
    This is like someone buying a $250,000 Bentley and then complaining their Bentley cost $250,000.

Low blow. How is asking why people complain about the price of something they bought on their own accord elitist?
    nikkisharif and Annie_8plus like this.
    08-06-2018 01:37 PM

This is oddly specific lol. Tell that person that they should really re-evaluate their priorities if their lights are getting cut off lol. That's a problem lol.
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    08-06-2018 02:16 PM
    The price was too damn high.
    And you still bought one.

I still feel stupid paying so much for it.
    Still, you bought it.

The total cost of the device, after AppleCare+, was almost $1,500.
    Yet you still bought it.

No phone should ever cost that much.
    But it does... and you bought it.

Yes, the person D is talking about does seem elitist. You would have to be an elitist to spend that much and then afterwards complain about the cost. Or it could be they just bought it for status, or to just complain. Oh wait....
    08-06-2018 04:46 PM
    Can't comment about the electric bill, but anyone who spends $1,000+ on a cell phone better speak up when it falls short of expectations otherwise the company continues to pump out absolute junk.
    xanadome likes this.
    08-06-2018 07:32 PM
50 12