Why would someone do such a thing?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
We're talking Apple here, Apple usually doesn't put our junk. All major high end companies like Apple or Samsung...etc.... will have glitches from time to time. Samsung had a major one with the Note 7 but they rebounded quite well.

Don't buy a flagship phone when it comes out, let the manufacturer work the bugs out. Else don't complain.
Aren't the bugs typically associated with the software and not necessarily the hardware?

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Usually, but not always. I'm writing this on a Samsung Galaxy S8. One major flaw is the placement of the fingerprint sensor. Otherwise it's a great phone.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Overpriced? Yes. Do I need it? Yes. Once I’ve determined that, I just dive in and enjoy the darn thing. Life’s too short to waste my time on “dilemmas” lol.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Every company has the right to set their prices and the consumer has the right to not buy it, but Apple pays their workers crap and allows their vendors to pay them crap at their plants.

Since when does Apple Pay their workers "crap"?

How does Apple manage to select vendors that pay their workers less than all of the other phone manufacturers who use the same vendors pay?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
You are aware of Apple's Supply chain issues, and horribly low wages in China and elsewhere. Apple enjoys far larger profits on their phones and yet does little to improve the working conditions or pay at the plants that make their devices. Its not like an brand A device is in the same plant as an Apple device, they are different plants owned by the same company, Foxconn for example.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
You are aware of Apple's Supply chain issues, and horribly low wages in China and elsewhere. Apple enjoys far larger profits on their phones and yet does little to improve the working conditions or pay at the plants that make their devices. Its not like an brand A device is in the same plant as an Apple device, they are different plants owned by the same company, Foxconn for example.

Doesn’t Samsung, LG, Huawei, Motorola, use similar vendors who pay their workers the same wages? How would buying from a company other than Apple change any of this? Do you have actual facts that show that vendors who build other brand phones are paid better?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A good deal of people, especially Americans, seem to think that the things we are allowed to do in the U.S. are the same everywhere. That is not the case. It is amazing to hear people say that this or that company isn’t doing enough to improve the conditions of the people who are being paid to make their products without even knowing the conditions that existed before the company arrived. $3 an hour in one country could be the same as $30 an hour in the U.S. There is poor and then there is American poor. Believe me, they are NOT the same.

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
A good deal of people, especially Americans, seem to think that the things we are allowed to do in the U.S. is the same everywhere. That is not the case. It is amazing to me say that this or that company isn’t doing enough to improve the conditions of the people who are being paid to make their products without even knowing the conditions that existed before the company arrived. $3 an hour in one country could be the same as $30 an hour in the U.S. There is poor and then there is American poor. Believe me, they are NOT the same.

A very complex issue to fully understand without, as you said, a full understanding of what life is like in other countries.
What would these people be doing if Apple and other such companies weren’t there? Would their life be better? Worse? I would hope conditions are decent no matter what countries workers are in. As far as wages you are right. Making a few dollars an hour might be great in one country and mean poverty in another. I know one thing, I feel very blessed.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I think the X is an amazing phone but I personally couldn't justify the price since it was a first gen new model so I got a 7+ 8 months before its announcement. I will be buying the newer iPhone X model in Feb for my HW upgrade, when I do I wont come here and constantly complain. Some people are just rarely satisfied, its a common scenario with new entitled techies. Some cant appreciate always having the best new product, myself I don't usually get the newest thing and find much more appreciation for things compared to other peers and friends I work with who indulge on everything. I cant wait to get my new iPhone next year.