Anyone perfectly happy with their X and not thinking to upgrade this September?

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
At this point, I think the ONLY thing that could make me want to upgrade is /significantly/ better camera quality, battery life. I don’t think this year will be the year of major software enhancements to the new models. Then again, I don’t know what’s behind the doors at good ole Apple so it’s all up in the air for now.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
At this point, I think the ONLY thing that could make me want to upgrade is /significantly/ better camera quality, battery life. I don’t think this year will be the year of major software enhancements to the new models. Then again, I don’t know what’s behind the doors at good ole Apple so it’s all up in the air for now.

The X has a decent camera, but Apple really needs to step it up. Especially low/moderate light. Good lighting they're great, but even indoors during day time I get much better pics on my Android phone. And I'm pretty sure you're right. I don't see anything major coming to iOS 12 that won't come to the X.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The X has a decent camera, but Apple really needs to step it up. Especially low/moderate light. Good lighting they're great, but even indoors during day time I get much better pics on my Android phone. And I'm pretty sure you're right. I don't see anything major coming to iOS 12 that won't come to the X.

I'll agree with you there...it's decent but there are other that are better..

Good example - beach weekend with the family, I took the X and the S8+ (no SIM) along ...
Did a few comparison shots and decided to use the S8+ as a camera for the weekend.

I'm using the iOS 12 beta at the moment and not seeing anything that's a game changer

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
And for that reason, I’ll most likely not sell the X to get the new one. But, I’m still getting the new one.

Good for you! The X itself (I bought the space gray, 256GB) already costs a lot of money and getting the newer, larger-screened version of it might cost even more. Besides, I'm still using my jet black 7 Plus with another cellular plan.

I'll only get next year's iPhone when I'm due for another re-contract, so will see what it brings then.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I always say I want something with better low light but then again I don’t take a whole lot of low light pictures.

Then again, again. I might just take more if the pics turned out better.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I’ll upgrade only if there is a 6.5 inch screen iPhone. If not I’ll stay put. I have no problems with my X. It would only seem worth it to me if the screen is larger since I watch a lot of movies on my phone.

anon(6014961)

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I’ve never bought an iPhone on finance, always bought outright so it’s unlocked. So it depends if I have the funds when the new batch are released

Im happy with my X though so I might decide to wait another year :)

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have to wait until January since that’s when I bought the iPhone X but with me working part time currently, I cannot afford to upgrade anyways. I’m happy with my 256GB version

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'll agree with you there...it's decent but there are other that are better..

Good example - beach weekend with the family, I took the X and the S8+ (no SIM) along ...
Did a few comparison shots and decided to use the S8+ as a camera for the weekend.

I'm using the iOS 12 beta at the moment and not seeing anything that's a game changer

I have the HTC U12+ as my Android phone currently, and it's actually better than the S8+.

I always say I want something with better low light but then again I don’t take a whole lot of low light pictures.

Then again, again. I might just take more if the pics turned out better.
I don't take a ton of pics in any conditions, but I like to know that I'll be able to get a good one in any condition. I honestly think Apple could do better even indoors with daylight coming through the window. It does pretty good when you're close to the subject. If you're farther away though there's lots of noise and it turns out darker than I'd like.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the HTC U12+ as my Android phone currently, and it's actually better than the S8+.

I think they're a ton of devices out there with better quality, inclusive of low light and sharpness.
Lots of details are lost in iPhone photos... If the lighting isn't perfect a lot is lost

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Even though I'm on the Upgrade Program this year I likely won't be doing it. Biggest reason is this year is going to be flat out buying Watch 4's for my wife and myself. Unless the next iPhone X sized phone (don't want a Plus size) is going to be better and a smaller price per month on the upgrade program with more storage that's the only thing. Paying $50/month right now for the 64GB model and wouldn't mind getting back to 128+ like my 7+. I'm not feeling crunched yet but I'm more mindful of how much local music, photos, videos I keep on it.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I think they're a ton of devices out there with better quality, inclusive of low light and sharpness.
Lots of details are lost in iPhone photos... If the lighting isn't perfect a lot is lost

The photos on my iPhone X look only "meh" when compared to the photos to my Pixel 2 XL. The Pixel 2 XL has a single camera and can do bokeh better than the X. There's little-to-no noise in low light photos on the Pixel 2. Hopefully Apple will up their camera game this year.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I am happy with my X. Running IOS12 betas have been a joy (and the fact that this year seems to be a light year in terms of OS updates and hardware updates for the phones) I will hold onto the X for another year. Camera is good enough (and will only improve with OS updates), don't really have any glaring issues where a faster processor and more ram (rumored 4gb vs 3) would make a vast difference in day to day usage.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The photos on my iPhone X look only "meh" when compared to the photos to my Pixel 2 XL. The Pixel 2 XL has a single camera and can do bokeh better than the X. There's little-to-no noise in low light photos on the Pixel 2. Hopefully Apple will up their camera game this year.

Been hoping that for a while, but no luck yet

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been really happy with my X since launch day. I don't think I'll be upgrading this year, since I'm thinking of getting the new Pixel 3 XL.

jjllccc1023

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
I will never get iPhones ever again because i still have reception issues and everytime i went to store or call them, they said Apple is not awared of this problem. Everybody else is fine with their A1901 and theres no problem with my softwares.

Btw Dejanh, have you ever get a response from Apple engineering?

I'm finding that the X with iOS 12 for me works so well now that I am really thinking I may sit this round of upgrades. The phone has been nothing but stellar, through and through, and the enhancements of iOS 12 really lifted it another few steps. I quite literally have no complaints about this phone any more.

Anyone share the same sentiment?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the "keep my X" camp. I'm happy with it and iOS 12 (although the beta has been rocky for me) adds enough to keep me interested. I couldn't see Apple doing anything groundbreaking with this years iPhone that would compel me to upgrade. At most I see a faster processor, next generation FaceID, (negligible) battery improvements and a camera bump. None of that will motivate me to upgrade this year.

So as of now, I don't think I plan on upgrading. We will see what happens in September, though.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
I will be keeping mine as well. I don't own an Apple Watch and am anxiously waiting to see what version 4 looks like and that is where my money will go this Fall.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
FID works better with iOS 12 so will just keep my X. It's my second one since release so only 5 months old. Swapped from grey to silver and made $100. Feels like a new phone all around. Not forking out another $1500AUD plus this year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73