iPhone X Colors Rumor

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been seeing post about more color options for the new iPhone X, if the rumors become reality, I will be all in for the red or gold option.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Does color really matter when most use a case on a $1000 device. I have the silver model and only see the color when I take the case off to clean it. I guess it will be nice for those that don’t use cases.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Does color really matter when most use a case on a $1000 device. I have the silver model and only see the color when I take the case off to clean it. I guess it will be nice for those that don’t use cases.

Or use those clear cases

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I believe they will have the project Red X out soon

I don't see a product Red for the X coming out at all, if it was it would have already. Indications are the current X will be retired and the 6S, 7, 8 will stay along with the new 3 devices while also killing off the current SE. They will have 6 possibly 7 models (SE2 if it arrives) available in the fall.

Project Red has been out for the 8/8Plus but no show on the X.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't see a product Red for the X coming out at all, if it was it would have already. Indications are the current X will be retired and the 6S, 7, 8 will stay along with the new 3 devices while also killing off the current SE. They will have 6 possibly 7 models (SE2 if it arrives) available in the fall.

Project Red has been out for the 8/8Plus but no show on the X.

I have to agree if it was to be then it would have been announced along with the red 8.

In September I can’t see the 6s or the 7 staying on but I could be wrong

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
If they do ditch the SE, and likely the S, they still need to have an even lower cost phone than the 6.1" after all Apple likes having many price points now and the cost to make the 7 is cheaper and the 8 is a bump up with Glass.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Gold is the only new color I've seen mentioned a lot for the X. The 6.1 inch LCD has been rumored to come in a bunch of colors though. I'm sorta thinking the reason they didn't do a Product Red X is because Stainless Steel is more difficult to color easily. Aluminum seems to absorb colors easily so they can match the frame with the back.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Gold is the only new color I've seen mentioned a lot for the X. The 6.1 inch LCD has been rumored to come in a bunch of colors though. I'm sorta thinking the reason they didn't do a Product Red X is because Stainless Steel is more difficult to color easily. Aluminum seems to absorb colors easily so they can match the frame with the back.

The X has a glass back and it’s the same material as the 8. The LCD device rumored coming in multiple colors might have been a reason

I saw you was mentioning the frame that is SS!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
The X has a glass back and it’s the same material as the 8. The LCD device rumored coming in multiple colors might have been a reason

The frame on the 8 is Aluminum. The frame on the X is Stainless Steel. The 5.8 and 6.5 higher end models are supposed to still come with Stainless Steel frames, while the cheaper 6.1 is supposed to use aluminum.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro