What do others say about the iphone x that annoy you?

Hathu95

Jul 5, 2018
Visit site

For example. I have heard a few people describe the iphone x as an experimental phone and that you should wait for the 2nd generation x to become available bexause its going to be better.

Drives me nuts when i hear people say that. Ok lets skip the 2nd generation x because the 3rd is going to be better shall we. I think its ridiculous to suggest a device costing over 1000 bucks is being described as an experiment!

Every so often a company will try something new, add new features, try to improve and so forth. Just because its something new / different does not make it an experiment! Its a new / different approach to how people interact with their iphone.

If your cool with that then jump on board and enjoy the improvements when they do come wether that be in the form of software improvements or 2nd gen device etc

This idea that you should not buy a phone because the next generation model will be improved is beyond stupid

William Hetrick

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't pay them any attention because that's there opinion. I bought my IPhone X because I liked the styling and I haven't been disappointed it it yet. So if you like your IPhone X then don't pay attention to what other people say because they probably haven't ever had an IPhone and are repeating what they have heard.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

For example. I have heard a few people describe the iphone x as an experimental phone and that you should wait for the 2nd generation x to become available bexause its going to be better.

Drives me nuts when i hear people say that. Ok lets skip the 2nd generation x because the 3rd is going to be better shall we. I think its ridiculous to suggest a device costing over 1000 bucks is being described as an experiment!

Every so often a company will try something new, add new features, try to improve and so forth. Just because its something new / different does not make it an experiment! Its a new / different approach to how people interact with their iphone.

If your cool with that then jump on board and enjoy the improvements when they do come wether that be in the form of software improvements or 2nd gen device etc

This idea that you should not buy a phone because the next generation model will be improved is beyond stupid

Good morning @Hathu95. Welcome to iMore.

A few questions. Who's using the device? Who paid for the device? Who's paying the bill for the device? The answer is you, correct? Then who cares what people say about it. YOU'RE the one using it. I have discovered all the naysayers are the ones who deep down really wish they had one. So I say rub it in their faces.

Also, when you get a minute, please head on over here and introduce yourself:
https://forums.imore.com/new-forums-introduce-yourself-here/

Thanks.

_______
~Lee Bo

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When I initially got it, people would ask if it was the iPhone X, and when I replied that it wad, they'd say it was nice and looked good. Most just stared and some mentioned that the price kept them from getting one, but no one has ever said anything negative or annoying about it in my presence.

With that being said, that was when I initially got the device. Nowadays, no one says anything about it. I mean, here in Orlando, I see a lot of people with the iPhone X, at least in the areas I frequent, so there's nothing for anyone to really say about it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I really try to not get annoyed by other people's comments. If I am interested in something, I buy it. If I like it, I will continue to use it. I expect everyone else to do the same. My preference isn't yours and vice versa.

For example, I hate the notch. I've tried to get past it. I just can't. I love a lot of things about the X and still think it's a good phone. I just can't stand the notch. That doesn't make the notch awful. I just don't like it. You are allowed to love it and I won't tell you that you are wrong for loving it.

Everyone has an opinion. Just remember that is all it is. Just an opinion.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
In all seriousness, the people I’m around really don’t give a manure about who is using what device. I haven’t been told anything that I would deem to be an uninformed opinion. Wouldn’t annoy me anyway. People would probably point out the things I don’t like about the X and I own the damn thing.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Nobody ever says anything to me about my phone. Literally not a single person has either noticed or has cared that I have a X.

And I don’t really care what they’d say anyway. First, there aren’t many people who know more about phones and devices than I do who I see day to day. Second, the only person whose opinion matters is my own (well and my wife’s, and she doesn’t care which phone I have, either.)

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I don’t know, I don’t pay attention. Just seeing the threads here and all I can think is “wow. I must have had a lucky batch”. I haven’t had any issues with my X, I love it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I do get annoyed by the ex instead of 10 thing. I guess because I've used Apple products since before OS X was released. I'm used to the Roman numeral in Apple naming schemes. Especially when I'm at a carrier store and the rep says it. It's their jobs to know the proper names of devices they carry.

The notch is a thing that kind of annoys me as well. People don't mention it as much now that so many Android phones have them now too, but when I first got my phone people were always saying they'd never use a phone with a notch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods