Apple Leather Folio Case

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I returned it after a day because 1. It costs too damn much. I felt ridiculous paying for it. 2. The cover doesn't stay closed. 3. You can only fit 2 cards comfortably in it.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I returned it after a day because 1. It costs too damn much. I felt ridiculous paying for it. 2. The cover doesn't stay closed. 3. You can only fit 2 cards comfortably in it.

Too bad it didn’t work out for you..it’s not for everyone! I’m sure you’ll find a case that better suits your needs

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I've been curious about this for some time. Currently have the silicone case & I really like it, but slightly interested in the folio.

Have you had any issues with any of your cards making any sort of imprint on the screen?

My iPad Air 2 has very faint lines on the screen from the apple leather case, granted it's been almost 3 years, but was just wondering what your experience is like.

I have a belkin anti glare film on, so I'm thinking that might prevent any marks.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been curious about this for some time. Currently have the silicone case & I really like it, but slightly interested in the folio.

Have you had any issues with any of your cards making any sort of imprint on the screen?

My iPad Air 2 has very faint lines on the screen from the apple leather case, granted it's been almost 3 years, but was just wondering what your experience is like.

I have a belkin anti glare film on, so I'm thinking that might prevent any marks.

No issues with any imprints on the screen & I don’t use screen protectors. I have an imprint on my iPad mini 2 from the Smart Cover but this doesn’t sit on the screen like that because of the lip around the case. It’s a great case and is very convenient. I current have 2 metrocards, my driver’s license, & a credit card in the card slot. In the other slot, I have 8 UD dollars folded in half (2 stacks of 4) & a business card. For what I was looking for, it’s worth the cost.

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
No issues with any imprints on the screen & I don’t use screen protectors. I have an imprint on my iPad mini 2 from the Smart Cover but this doesn’t sit on the screen like that because of the lip around the case. It’s a great case and is very convenient. I current have 2 metrocards, my driver’s license, & a credit card in the card slot. In the other slot, I have 8 UD dollars folded in half (2 stacks of 4) & a business card. For what I was looking for, it’s worth the cost.

Thanks! Didn't even think / realize the lip around the cover prevents it from laying flat on the screen!

I like my silicone case, but think the folio would be cool for consolidating. Could totally see using it at Disneyland or places where I want to carry less.

Might have to make a trip to Apple, lol.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Didn't even think / realize the lip around the cover prevents it from laying flat on the screen!

I like my silicone case, but think the folio would be cool for consolidating. Could totally see using it at Disneyland or places where I want to carry less.

Might have to make a trip to Apple, lol.

51b4102167f304bec73978e5ddb6de5a.jpg

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I got mine yesterday, Black, got it cheap off ebay. 3 days use supposedly, a few light marks/scratches which is ok as i don't have to baby it and will happen anyway.
Don't think i would pay $145 AUD here for one but when you compare to twelve south my wife has which is nice leather but very stiff, its way slimmer and softer leather.
I also have a UAG Metropolis and its average more of a knock around and very saggy around edges.

Black is actually dark grey inside which i knew. Like the charcoal leather case.
Love how screen opens with cover, i don't use FID for unlock so goes straight to home screen, won't if there is a notification on the screen which is good.
Have made a few calls and no problem with people hearing me with front against back. I don't hold it tight though if it's just folded back with your thumb on the left side no probs. Which is normal.
Probably wont use the card slots much but they are good as cards won't touch the screen.
The front cover doesn't touch the screen, if this was your only case i wouldn't bother with a protector.
Feels great to hold like all Apple leather.
Buttons excellent as with all Apples cases.

If you had to pick one fault the front cover will move a bit, its because the leather is so soft/supple which makes it easy to fold back and hold, maybe with cards/cash in it not so much.

For the $65AUD i paid i am glad i got it, going on a holiday to NZ in a few weeks so will use it then.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I got mine yesterday, Black, got it cheap off ebay. 3 days use supposedly, a few light marks/scratches which is ok as i don't have to baby it and will happen anyway.
Don't think i would pay $145 AUD here for one but when you compare to twelve south my wife has which is nice leather but very stiff, its way slimmer and softer leather.
I also have a UAG Metropolis and its average more of a knock around and very saggy around edges.

Black is actually dark grey inside which i knew. Like the charcoal leather case.
Love how screen opens with cover, i don't use FID for unlock so goes straight to home screen, won't if there is a notification on the screen which is good.
Have made a few calls and no problem with people hearing me with front against back. I don't hold it tight though if it's just folded back with your thumb on the left side no probs. Which is normal.
Probably wont use the card slots much but they are good as cards won't touch the screen.
The front cover doesn't touch the screen, if this was your only case i wouldn't bother with a protector.
Feels great to hold like all Apple leather.
Buttons excellent as with all Apples cases.

If you had to pick one fault the front cover will move a bit, its because the leather is so soft/supple which makes it easy to fold back and hold, maybe with cards/cash in it not so much.

For the $65AUD i paid i am glad i got it, going on a holiday to NZ in a few weeks so will use it then.

Glad you’re enjoying it so far!!

I loved the BookBook as well, but this case is so soft I doubt if I’ll be able to use a stiff wallet case again lol.

The front cover still moves with cards in it but it’s not enough to wake the screen, so battery life is still good! I’m looking forward to hearing how it makes out on your vacation. I’m sure you’re have a great review!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2