Apple Leather Folio Case

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So I’ve been eyeing this case since it released. I purchase the leather case annually with my iPhone purchase. But this case is pretty nice.

Make no mistake...I think the $100 price tag is &$%#&*# ridiculous! But I get a discount at Verizon that knocks 25% off so I’m looking at $75 (which is still ridiculous to me, just minus the profanity).

Anyone using one? How’s it held up? Are you enjoying it? How many cards have you been able to fit?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
So I’ve been eyeing this case since it released. I purchase the leather case annually with my iPhone purchase. But this case is pretty nice.

Make no mistake...I think the $100 price tag is &$%#&*# ridiculous! But I get a discount at Verizon that knocks 25% off so I’m looking at $75 (which is still ridiculous to me, just minus the profanity).

Anyone using one? How’s it held up? Are you enjoying it? How many cards have you been able to fit?

I got mine a week ago so I’m not sure how much I would help but I love it . Don’t care about the pockets so can’t tell you but it’s holding up fine . I like it protects the screen from dirt and etc that might scratch it in my pockets. It’s expensive sure but I love the feel of it.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
This is my favorite case of all time lol!!!! I own two of them, Berry (purchased in January) & Black (purchased yesterday). Each year like clockwork, I purchased an Apple leather case for my devices because I loved how soft & classy they were. I was hesitant about the folio just because it didn’t look like the wallet cases I was use to, but I decided to try it out & I’m glad I did. The leather has held up very well! I’m not sure what people do to their cases but I don’t have any issues with the pockets being stretched out, & that’s probably because I don’t shove everything I can think of in it lol. In the card pocket is my ID, credit card, metrocard, & metro-north pass. I usually keep between two & four folded bills in the other pocket. I fell while hiking & dropped my berry case a couple months ago & it’s still going strong. It has some dings but that’s it. I only purchased the black one because I just wanted a new one & I’ve never owned an Apple black leather case. Sorry for the rambling, but you can’t go wrong with this case! It’s amazing!!! I also don’t think the price is high because I feel you get what you pay for. I paid for the softness & flexibility of this case & I haven’t seen anything like it for less. I also don’t have card marks on my screen & I can take pics without using two hands. It’s the perfect wallet case!!

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
This is my favorite case of all time lol!!!! I own two of them, Berry (purchased in January) & Black (purchased yesterday). Each year like clockwork, I purchased an Apple leather case for my devices because I loved how soft & classy they were. I was hesitant about the folio just because it didn’t look like the wallet cases I was use to, but I decided to try it out & I’m glad I did. The leather has held up very well! I’m not sure what people do to their cases but I don’t have any issues with the pockets being stretched out, & that’s probably because I don’t shove everything I can think of in it lol. In the card pocket is my ID, credit card, metrocard, & metro-north pass. I usually keep between two & four folded bills in the other pocket. I fell while hiking & dropped my berry case a couple months ago & it’s still going strong. It has some dings but that’s it. I only purchased the black one because I just wanted a new one & I’ve never owned an Apple black leather case. Sorry for the rambling, but you can’t go wrong with this case! It’s amazing!!! I also don’t think the price is high because I feel you get what you pay for. I paid for the softness & flexibility of this case & I haven’t seen anything like it for less. I also don’t have card marks on my screen & I can take pics without using two hands. It’s the perfect wallet case!!

I have you had any issues with the magnet demagnetizing your metro card? I just move to Staten Island recently so it’s basically impossible to buy my metro cards here so I buy my weekly in Brooklyn. Anyways I don’t want to run the risk of screwing it up because then I’ll be stuck here lol. Really want to move it to the case instead of my wallet

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have you had any issues with the magnet demagnetizing your metro card? I just move to Staten Island recently so it’s basically impossible to buy my metro cards here so I buy my weekly in Brooklyn. Anyways I don’t want to run the risk of screwing it up because then I’ll be stuck here lol. Really want to move it to the case instead of my wallet

No issues at all!! My card always works like a charm. You’ll be just fine. Plus if you have an issue with your card, the agents in the booths near the gate can fix it for you for no additional charge.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I got lucky and got a Black one off eBay for $63AUD, they are $145 here from Apple. Has had a few days use but looks new.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
No issues at all!! My card always works like a charm. You’ll be just fine. Plus if you have an issue with your card, the agents in the booths near the gate can fix it for you for no additional charge.

Yeah but the problem is that I live in Staten Island and there is no booths where I live . I take the bus all the way to Brooklyn then take a train where I need to go. Live on the western side of Staten Island so not near the ferry or SIR. Good to know you never had any issues though. Might just use it because it’s an hassle in my wallet

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but the problem is that I live in Staten Island and there is no booths where I live . I take the bus all the way to Brooklyn then take a train where I need to go. Live on the western side of Staten Island so not near the ferry or SIR. Good to know you never had any issues though. Might just use it because it’s an hassle in my wallet

Oh wow...yeah that would be a problem!! No issues with my metrocard or any other card I put in the card slot, though. You should be just fine.

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
What about phone calls? Flipping the front side back covers one microphone  is using for noise cancelling. I always get complaints that I cannot be understood clear - it is described as muffling. Same prob as with the lifeproof cases.

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
What about phone calls. Flipping the front side back covers one microphone  is using for noise cancelling. I always get complaints that I cannot be understood clear - it is described as muffling. Some prob as with the lifeproof cases

Most of the time I use my AirPods for phone calls. Just more convenient for me than holding my phone to my ear. (First world problem, I know)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
What about phone calls? Flipping the front side back covers one microphone  is using for noise cancelling. I always get complaints that I cannot be understood clear - it is described as muffling. Same prob as with the lifeproof cases.

I’ve never had anyone complain about calls being muffled. How tight are you holding the phone? I ask because when I hold the flap open, it doesn’t even lay flat on the back of the phone.

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I’ve never had anyone complain about calls being muffled. How tight are you holding the phone? I ask because when I hold the flap open, it doesn’t even lay flat on the back of the phone.

With the flap half open it works. But as soon as the flap lays flat on the back the problem starts

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
With the flap half open it works. But as soon as the flap lays flat on the back the problem starts

Gotcha...my hands might not be large enough to allow that lol. Most of the time I use headphones or speaker. Even laying it flat on its back while on speaker people still hear me just fine. Either way, it’s an amazing case!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't peer pressure me!!! :laughing:

I think I'll be making a trip to the Verizon store this weekend. The case is just so nice lol.

This case is NICE and on my list of cases with my upcoming new iPhone...LOL

Peer pressure is the American way Both of y’all need this case!!!!

c9add8050efe30c5dbe35d45fd606063.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73