Is there a way to save iPhone X pictures before hard reset

ammajan

Jun 2, 2018
Visit site
I cant turn off my iPhone X, its been spinning with a black screen for 3 hours now and despite multiple attempts with the volume up/down and side button I just cant get the slider to show up today. I may have to factory reset with a pin. My dilemma is I have several important updates in my phone from a recent trip that are not backed up to iCloud including pictures and contacts over the last week that I am trying to retrieve. Is there ANY way I can get these? Some or all of them....
I just found out that Google drive will pull pictures, though several of them are corrupt, so I may just get a few but I'm in... beggars cant be choosers sort of situation. Please help! smart cyber folks.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I cant turn off my iPhone X, its been spinning with a black screen for 3 hours now and despite multiple attempts with the volume up/down and side button I just cant get the slider to show up today. I may have to factory reset with a pin. My dilemma is I have several important updates in my phone from a recent trip that are not backed up to iCloud including pictures and contacts over the last week that I am trying to retrieve. Is there ANY way I can get these? Some or all of them....
I just found out that Google drive will pull pictures, though several of them are corrupt, so I may just get a few but I'm in... beggars cant be choosers sort of situation. Please help! smart cyber folks.

You don’t reset iPhones with a pin. That’s something from many years ago on other electronic devices.

My advice is to connect your iPhone to iTunes and see what it says.

But first try the steps on this page: https://www.imore.com/how-to-restart-reset-iphone-ipad

ammajan

Jun 2, 2018
Visit site
Thanks, I cant get the powering off slider to show up not the screen. When I connect to iTunes I get a pop up "There was a problem downloading updating iPhone (4037)". its almost time, will have to try Genius Bar rather than factory reset on my own.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Power Off - put the phone in sleep mode. It's still on, just sleeping.
Hard Reset - Turns the phone off and back on again.
Factory Reset - Wipes everything off the phone and sets it up as new.