I cant turn off my iPhone X, its been spinning with a black screen for 3 hours now and despite multiple attempts with the volume up/down and side button I just cant get the slider to show up today. I may have to factory reset with a pin. My dilemma is I have several important updates in my phone from a recent trip that are not backed up to iCloud including pictures and contacts over the last week that I am trying to retrieve. Is there ANY way I can get these? Some or all of them....
    I just found out that Google drive will pull pictures, though several of them are corrupt, so I may just get a few but I'm in... beggars cant be choosers sort of situation. Please help! smart cyber folks.
    06-02-2018 02:14 AM
    I cant turn off my iPhone X, its been spinning with a black screen for 3 hours now and despite multiple attempts with the volume up/down and side button I just cant get the slider to show up today. I may have to factory reset with a pin. My dilemma is I have several important updates in my phone from a recent trip that are not backed up to iCloud including pictures and contacts over the last week that I am trying to retrieve. Is there ANY way I can get these? Some or all of them....
    I just found out that Google drive will pull pictures, though several of them are corrupt, so I may just get a few but I'm in... beggars cant be choosers sort of situation. Please help! smart cyber folks.
    You don’t reset iPhones with a pin. That’s something from many years ago on other electronic devices.

My advice is to connect your iPhone to iTunes and see what it says.

But first try the steps on this page: https://www.imore.com/how-to-restart-reset-iphone-ipad
    06-02-2018 03:25 AM
    Thanks, I cant get the powering off slider to show up not the screen. When I connect to iTunes I get a pop up "There was a problem downloading updating iPhone (4037)". its almost time, will have to try Genius Bar rather than factory reset on my own.
    06-02-2018 08:35 AM
    Press volume up volume down and hold the wake sleep button till it restarts. It will feel like forever but should work
    lgdlman likes this.
    06-02-2018 09:55 AM
    Power Off - put the phone in sleep mode. It's still on, just sleeping.
    Hard Reset - Turns the phone off and back on again.
    Factory Reset - Wipes everything off the phone and sets it up as new.
    06-02-2018 02:20 PM
    If you could not connect iPhone X with iTunes, maybe you should have a try with some third party softwares.
    07-16-2018 04:54 AM
    If you could not connect iPhone X with iTunes, maybe you should have a try with some third party softwares.
    I’m not sure how a third party app can achieve something that iTunes can’t.
    07-16-2018 09:26 AM