Hi - I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I ordered a brand new iPhoneX from the apple store. It arrived, and I set everything up. When I went to insert my SIM card, I opened the sim draw and found another AT&T sim in there. Is that normal? Does that mean this phone is second hand?
    05-25-2018 01:43 PM
    Welcome to iMore!

I would think so. Take it to your local Apple store and share your concerns with the store manager.

I am curious with how this turns out. Will you return here and share what happens with us?
    05-25-2018 02:40 PM
    Hi - I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I ordered a brand new iPhoneX from the apple store. It arrived, and I set everything up. When I went to insert my SIM card, I opened the sim draw and found another AT&T sim in there. Is that normal? Does that mean this phone is second hand?
    I’ve had AT&T for every iPhone since the original and they all come with a preinstalled SIM card.
    Just_Me_D, doogald and bakron1 like this.
    05-25-2018 02:52 PM
    If you ordered an AT&T iphone, then it will come with the AT&T sim inside. The only phones that do not come with sim cards already inside are the sim-free unlocked models.
    doogald likes this.
    05-25-2018 03:13 PM
    If AT&T is your wireless carrier and you ordered an AT&T model iPhone X from Apple then yes, it will come with an AT&T SIM card pre-installed.
    doogald likes this.
    05-25-2018 03:33 PM
    Just like many others have stated, your phone will come with a SIM card if you selected a specific carrier. If you ordered the unlocked version through Apple, you will not have a SIM card. Your device is not second hand.
    05-26-2018 11:54 AM
    Only sim free devices don’t come with a SIM card.
    05-27-2018 12:38 AM
    Only sim free devices don’t come with a SIM card.

You are correct... I'd forgotten about the other ones in my previous post. Ooops!
    05-27-2018 11:45 AM