Seeking non-case friendly screen protector

anon(9918034)

Apr 22, 2018
Visit site
This is my first post via iMore, very active user over at android central.

I am searching for a screen protecter that literally goes from edge to edge. I am planing on getting a nice full wrap dbrand skin for this phone. I want a screen protector that goes all the way to the metal frame. Preferable a tempered glass protector.

I am just tired of always adding to the phone by slapping a case on it. This phone is my favorite size phone and feel so damn good in the hand but at a price tag of 1000 I do want some protection from drops because they do happen.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
If you're in the US this link should help:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3063323

One that I wouldn't suggest is the Sonix Seamless.
https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-SONIX...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU3063323
It was 45.00 when I bought it and didn't come with the installation tray. I dropped my phone sitting in a chair (my fault I know), and it cracked both the protector and the screen. I've never had a screen crack when I dropped a phone with a glass protector on before.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not a fan of screen protectors for drops. They don't help much without a decent protective case. A skin is not much protection. I use an Otterbox case with no screen protector. I've dropped it on a concrete slab floor face down, and not a scratch.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a fan of screen protectors for drops. They don't help much without a decent protective case. A skin is not much protection. I use an Otterbox case with no screen protector. I've dropped it on a concrete slab floor face down, and not a scratch.

A little off topic, but I use a screen protector (the skin kind, as they tend to be thinner and adhere better, and work better with the cases that I use, in my experience) not for protection from shattering, but to hold the glass together so that it will remain usable (without having me cut my fingers) in case I do drop the phone and it shatters, until I can get it repaired. This is especially important these days as there is at least a 4-5 day wait for Genius Bar appointments at all of the drivable Apple Stores near me. I do agree with you that they are probably less protective than a lot of them advertise.