Why has a light gray bar appeared at the top of my iPhone X home screen

1ssglover

May 16, 2018
Visit site
I just got my iPhone X today. After a few hours, this slanted horizontal light gray bar has appeared at the top of my home screen. It goes away when you go into an app. It looks like some kind of error because of the way it’s slanted. I’d happily post pics but I don’t know how in the forum.

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
I just got my iPhone X today. After a few hours, this slanted horizontal light gray bar has appeared at the top of my home screen. It goes away when you go into an app. It looks like some kind of error because of the way it’s slanted. I’d happily post pics but I don’t know how in the forum.

13f791246d752382a2b39096d3cc22d4.jpg

^^^is that the line you’re talking about?

1ssglover

May 16, 2018
Visit site
Yep that fixed it thanks. My old wallpaper just carried over when I switched to the new phone. But the gray bar isn’t in the photo itself that I was using as wallpaper on my 6 plus. So maybe it just wasn’t compatible with the X? No big deal either way. Just weird. Thanks again!!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Yep that fixed it thanks. My old wallpaper just carried over when I switched to the new phone. But the gray bar isn’t in the photo itself that I was using as wallpaper on my 6 plus. So maybe it just wasn’t compatible with the X? No big deal either way. Just weird. Thanks again!!

My guess would be that your old wallpaper wasn't tall enough, it was designed for the dimensions of your old iPhone and not the 19.5:9 aspect ratio of the iPhone X.