Curious, which network are you rocking your iPhone X on??

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a link for this? Because while I know that SIM-free phones sold by Apple will not be locked (be definition) when a Verizon customer buys one (like I did in March, and like I did for my son last year, to avoid the ridiculous Verizon "upgrade fee"), I would think that any iPhones with a Verizon SIM which Apple will activate for you when they sell you one would be subject to the same policy.

a90e82b67b02f45c2556e6b5abce0aae.jpg

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...es-means-travelers-need-plan-ahead/354313002/

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I heard about that but from what I read, those will only be the devices sold by the carrier. If you go straight to the manufacturer, the device will still be unlocked.

Of course but generally speaking carrier sold phones are locked now until at least activation or bought in full.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I’m thinking I might have to switch to Verizon as much as I don’t want to. My new job has me traveling to different counties, and TMo doesn’t get very good coverage in one of them.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I can deal until my unlocked U12+ comes. I’m gonna try different carriers with it prepaid. If Verizon or AT&T aren’t much better I’ll just stick with TMo because I like them otherwise.

Yeah just remember prepaid Verizon / AT&T sometimes don't get the same priority/coverage. It can vary.

mkhairym

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Vodafone UK. £20 / month sim only deal with 20GB monthly data, unlimited text and calls, and some roaming benefits. 1 year free Spotify premium. Very happy.

rebretz000

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Is there any downside to having the unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile?
Right now I have a Pixel 2 on T-Mobile but when I have an issue tech support says they can't assist because it's not a T-Mobile phone. Have you had any issues?
Curious just because I've been strongly considering moving to iPhone but I would like an unlocked version not a carrier version.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Is there any downside to having the unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile?
Right now I have a Pixel 2 on T-Mobile but when I have an issue tech support says they can't assist because it's not a T-Mobile phone. Have you had any issues?
Curious just because I've been strongly considering moving to iPhone but I would like an unlocked version not a carrier version.

There is no down side. I have my sim free iPhone on T-Mobile and haven’t had any issues. Plus, I think most people will take their iPhone to the Genius Bar before letting someone at T-Mobile touch it.

Also, since T-Mobile doesn’t sell the Pixel they don’t offer any support for it. Since they sell iPhones, whether you purchase from them or Apple it shouldn’t make a difference and they will support it.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I’m running an unlocked iPhone X on T-mobile. Zero issues and all the features work (visual voicemail, Wi-Fi calling, HD voice).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices