Obviously service quality is subjective, but I have never, ever had an issue with Verizon. They have always treated me with exceptional service. Any issue I've had, they resolved immediately. Any billing issues, they fix and credit where appropriate. All my purchases are done online and they've always arrived on time. Activating devices has never been an issue.

I honestly don't have a single negative thing to say about Verizon and I've recommended them to many. They are the more pricey option around, but for the service, imo, it's been worth it. Coverage has never been an issue and the customer service folks are great, in my experience.
    I totally agree with this!!! I travel too much to worry about service. Plus I have no issues whatsoever when I’m in the hospital. I can’t even complain about the cost.
    Quis89 likes this.
    06-05-2018 03:28 PM
    Only until sold. To help prevent theft.
    See the link above. That's what I was referencing. Verizon announced earlier in the year that they'd be locking them for longer. Apparently, they haven't instituted this change yet, though.
    06-05-2018 03:31 PM
    Yes and no. The phones are sim locked in transit and until sold, but are unlocked automatically with a carrier update once the phone is activated by a customer on a valid line. It’s to prevent the phone from being valuable if stolen from a warehouse, store storage before sale, from a truck in transit, etc.

However, they have said that they will start locking for a “period of time” starting in “the spring”, but haven’t announced how long that will be (but they will unlock for a customer when asked.)

And I believe that they haven’t started yet. Verizon said they would announce when it started, and I have not seen an announcement (though of course I may have missed it.)

See https://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-wi...-combat-theft/
    Thanks for the clarification
    doogald likes this.
    06-05-2018 03:32 PM
    See the link above. That's what I was referencing. Verizon announced earlier in the year that they'd be locking them for longer. Apparently, they haven't instituted this change yet, though.
    Yeah I know about that link :P. I frequent the Verizon subreddit and everyone talked about it a lot. We will see if they actually put it in place or just kind of forget about it (either that or wait until the next iPhone release).
    06-05-2018 03:35 PM
    Yeah I know about that link :P. I frequent the Verizon subreddit and everyone talked about it a lot. We will see if they actually put it in place or just kind of forget about it (either that or wait until the next iPhone release).
    Well, they are planning this for all phones, not just iPhones.

I saw this but it only applies to phones sold by them. If purchased through the manufacturer, the phone will still be unlocked.
    Do you have a link for this? Because while I know that SIM-free phones sold by Apple will not be locked (be definition) when a Verizon customer buys one (like I did in March, and like I did for my son last year, to avoid the ridiculous Verizon "upgrade fee"), I would think that any iPhones with a Verizon SIM which Apple will activate for you when they sell you one would be subject to the same policy.
    06-05-2018 04:41 PM
    Do you have a link for this? Because while I know that SIM-free phones sold by Apple will not be locked (be definition) when a Verizon customer buys one (like I did in March, and like I did for my son last year, to avoid the ridiculous Verizon "upgrade fee"), I would think that any iPhones with a Verizon SIM which Apple will activate for you when they sell you one would be subject to the same policy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ead/354313002/
    06-05-2018 04:56 PM
    06-05-2018 05:32 PM
    rocking...
    06-06-2018 04:05 AM
    I think Sprint & AT&T are the only carriers that have locked phones. I’m on Verizon & have never had a locked iPhone.

I wish T-mobile was good everywhere because the rates are unbeatable but I’m definitely happy with my service.
    T-mobile does and soon will Verizon
    06-06-2018 09:11 PM
    T-mobile does and soon will Verizon
    Yeah I heard about that but from what I read, those will only be the devices sold by the carrier. If you go straight to the manufacturer, the device will still be unlocked.
    06-06-2018 09:15 PM
    Yeah I heard about that but from what I read, those will only be the devices sold by the carrier. If you go straight to the manufacturer, the device will still be unlocked.
    Of course but generally speaking carrier sold phones are locked now until at least activation or bought in full.
    06-06-2018 09:16 PM
    Of course but generally speaking carrier sold phones are locked now until at least activation or bought in full.
    That sucks for a lot of folks that purchase through the carriers.
    06-06-2018 09:20 PM
    Verizon here. Been with them for 3 years and love them.
    SABRIAN70 likes this.
    06-11-2018 06:36 AM
    I’m thinking I might have to switch to Verizon as much as I don’t want to. My new job has me traveling to different counties, and TMo doesn’t get very good coverage in one of them.
    06-12-2018 07:17 AM
    I’m thinking I might have to switch to Verizon as much as I don’t want to. My new job has me traveling to different counties, and TMo doesn’t get very good coverage in one of them.
    That sucks. Swapping can be a pain.
    06-12-2018 12:41 PM
    That sucks. Swapping can be a pain.
    I can deal until my unlocked U12+ comes. I’m gonna try different carriers with it prepaid. If Verizon or AT&T aren’t much better I’ll just stick with TMo because I like them otherwise.
    06-12-2018 01:11 PM
    I can deal until my unlocked U12+ comes. I’m gonna try different carriers with it prepaid. If Verizon or AT&T aren’t much better I’ll just stick with TMo because I like them otherwise.
    Yeah just remember prepaid Verizon / AT&T sometimes don't get the same priority/coverage. It can vary.
    doogald and SABRIAN70 like this.
    06-12-2018 01:21 PM
    Happy with the sprint $15 a line a month plan.
    06-14-2018 01:41 PM
    Vodafone UK. £20 / month sim only deal with 20GB monthly data, unlimited text and calls, and some roaming benefits. 1 year free Spotify premium. Very happy.
    06-14-2018 03:01 PM
    Is there any downside to having the unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile?
    Right now I have a Pixel 2 on T-Mobile but when I have an issue tech support says they can't assist because it's not a T-Mobile phone. Have you had any issues?
    Curious just because I've been strongly considering moving to iPhone but I would like an unlocked version not a carrier version.
    07-02-2018 06:10 PM
    Is there any downside to having the unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile?
    Right now I have a Pixel 2 on T-Mobile but when I have an issue tech support says they can't assist because it's not a T-Mobile phone. Have you had any issues?
    Curious just because I've been strongly considering moving to iPhone but I would like an unlocked version not a carrier version.
    There is no down side. I have my sim free iPhone on T-Mobile and haven’t had any issues. Plus, I think most people will take their iPhone to the Genius Bar before letting someone at T-Mobile touch it.

Also, since T-Mobile doesn’t sell the Pixel they don’t offer any support for it. Since they sell iPhones, whether you purchase from them or Apple it shouldn’t make a difference and they will support it.
    rebretz000 likes this.
    07-02-2018 06:58 PM
    Thank you. That's what I was hoping.
    07-02-2018 07:11 PM
    I’m running an unlocked iPhone X on T-mobile. Zero issues and all the features work (visual voicemail, Wi-Fi calling, HD voice).
    07-02-2018 07:27 PM
    T-Mobile
    07-03-2018 04:25 PM
99 ... 234