Naked X Users

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
To all members who use your iPhone X naked, do you have problems with slipperiness? Like slipping out your pocket or off a night stand? I have used it a few days naked and have slipped off my wireless charger twice. I have had my phone in a otter box like defender case and when I take it out for a few days I really like my phones feeling in hand.

eyesopen1111

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I use my iPhone X naked 100% of the time and I highly recommend this Belkin wireless charging pad to prevent any slips from nightstands or tables!

59cfc3803120b7a4d64b1a454454eb9e.jpg

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it’s slippery. Polished glass and stainless steel will do that though. I haven’t had mine slip off of a wireless charger but there are certain places, like the arm rests of my living room furniture, that it is pretty much guaranteed to slip off of. That being said my iPhone X is flawless aside from a few scuffs on the side bezels that can be polished out if they start to bother me.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I use my iPhone X naked 100% of the time and I highly recommend this Belkin wireless charging pad to prevent any slips from nightstands or tables!

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180513/59cfc3803120b7a4d64b1a454454eb9e.jpg

I like the Belkin charger but it’s too expensive considering most of the competition does just as good of a job charging at a fraction of the price. Just my opinion, of course. Obviously people are buying them because Belkin is still selling them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To all members who use your iPhone X naked, do you have problems with slipperiness? Like slipping out your pocket or off a night stand?
My iPhone X is quite grippy and doesn’t feel slippery at all.
I have used it a few days naked and have slipped off my wireless charger twice.
That’s more than likely the wireless charging base. If my iPhone X or iPhone 8 isn’t positioned a certain way, both would slide off of it.
I have had my phone in a otter box like defender case and when I take it out for a few days I really like my phones feeling in hand.
I, too, like the way the device feels on its own and that’s why I don’t encase any of mine.

eyesopen1111

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I like the Belkin charger but it’s too expensive considering most of the competition does just as good of a job charging at a fraction of the price. Just my opinion, of course. Obviously people are buying them because Belkin is still selling them.

Agreed that the $50 Belkin wireless charging pad is not the lowest cost option for charging your iPhone X, but to its credit, the no-slip grey circle will protect from falls and I also like the indicator light that confirms the phone is taking a charge.

The slip issue from some of my more shallow shorts' pockets can be an issue. Does anybody have a good approach to that?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Mine is sorta naked. I put a full body clear skin on mine just for grip. Works pretty well for adding a little grip. Otherwise it’s too slippery for me to use comfortably.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I had a case on it with a tempered glass back to make it feel like a naked phone and even that was too slippery. I ended up using this case and glass screen protector:

448aae884b15acbf9236617c1378584c.jpg

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I recommend putting a skin on it. I skin all of my devices with the clear skins from bestskinsever. Now to preface this, I have years of experience doing so. It takes a significant amount of patience to apply the skin, as it is a wet install. Once its on though its transparent and gives the film an awesome grip. I put it on all of my computers too and have it on my 2017 MacBook Pro.

All three of the below phones have a skin on them, as I prefer carrying phones without a case. You cannot see the skin, but boy does it provide a lovely grip:

Three.jpg

Incidentally, I have no affiliation with bestskinsever, I am just a huge fan of their product and have been for years.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
From the thread title, I still think it sounds like we are talking about users who are naked while using their phone, rather than people using their phone without a case. ;)

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
I recommend putting a skin on it. I skin all of my devices with the clear skins from bestskinsever. Now to preface this, I have years of experience doing so. It takes a significant amount of patience to apply the skin, as it is a wet install. Once its on though its transparent and gives the film an awesome grip. I put it on all of my computers too and have it on my 2017 MacBook Pro.

All three of the below phones have a skin on them, as I prefer carrying phones without a case. You cannot see the skin, but boy does it provide a lovely grip:

Incidentally, I have no affiliation with bestskinsever, I am just a huge fan of their product and have been for years.

Hey there,

Do you get the screen protection as well and if so, how does it work with touch sensitivity?

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone X is quite grippy and doesn’t feel slippery at all. That’s more than likely the wireless charging base. If my iPhone X or iPhone 8 isn’t positioned a certain way, both would slide off of it. I, too, like the way the device feels on its own and that’s why I don’t encase any of mine.

Yup. That’s why I have AppleCare+. I can use it naked and if it breaks it won’t break the bank.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey there,

Do you get the screen protection as well and if so, how does it work with touch sensitivity?

Yes I use the front protector as well, and it causes zero issues with touch sensitivity and is completely transparent.

They have both a matte and glossy version of their skins. I much prefer the glossy on iPhones, as it keeps the exact original look of the phone. To me, the matte dulls the appearance slightly for both the body and display.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I use the Apple leather (or silicone) case which is as close to naked as I'll get with mine. Even the leather (compared to the silicone) is slippery and the phone by itself is even more so.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Today I’m trying out the Naked Trend to see what it’s all cracked <—-“hope not”. up to be

I never drop my device and I keep it in a belt pouch and the reason I bought the X is the smaller overall size but with a case it feels a lot bigger.

In the old flip phone days most people like me never even considered a case. My first three smartphones had no case but when I switched to iPhone everyone including the sales person said you need to put it in a case.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Today I’m trying out the Naked Trend to see what it’s all cracked <—-“hope not”. up to be

I never drop my device and I keep it in a belt pouch and the reason I bought the X is the smaller overall size but with a case it feels a lot bigger.

In the old flip phone days most people like me never even considered a case. My first three smartphones had no case but when I switched to iPhone everyone including the sales person said you need to put it in a case.

I never used cases either until they basically did away with the subsidized pricing scheme and went with the one we have now, where you buy your phone. I never used to trade in phones but now I do, and since I do this, I feel I need to keep them in cases or something to protect them so the resale value will be alright when I upgrade. I definitely miss treating my phones like trash though and not worrying about having to keep it mint just to resell it later.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I never used cases either until they basically did away with the subsidized pricing scheme and went with the one we have now, where you buy your phone. I never used to trade in phones but now I do, and since I do this, I feel I need to keep them in cases or something to protect them so the resale value will be alright when I upgrade. I definitely miss treating my phones like trash though and not worrying about having to keep it mint just to resell it later.

That’s a good point

I always resale my iPhones and they have always been in mint shape so going naked is a chance I’m taking but it feels so good in its natural state

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I got my X about 3 weeks ago and have been too scared to go naked. This is the first phone that has me nervous at the thought of going without a case.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR