Naked X Users

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The issue I found with putting a case on my X and I’ve tried three is because of the Gestures the cases have no real top lip so it feels to me that the X is just resting on top of the case.

I know there are cases that don’t but there expensive and add weight and any of the few cases I tried make the X feel lopsided.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I actually miss using my X without a case. It’s more convenient to have my X in an Apple Folio for easy access to my metrocard. Fumbling with a wallet is quite annoying when you’re in “go” mode.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
While I like the look of a naked X, my job makes it too great of a risk to do it. Being a truck driver, if anything happened to it, it’s too big of a hassle to get it fixed or replaced. Especially, out in the middle of nowhere. For peace of mind, I use the UAG Monarch case. I do also have a Spigen clear case when I’m at home.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I actually miss using my X without a case. It’s more convenient to have my X in an Apple Folio for easy access to my metrocard. Fumbling with a wallet is quite annoying when you’re in “go” mode.

How do you like your folio case? I have had one in my hands a half dozen times and have not pulled the trigger. I really like the look of it. I have not really used one like it. How is it for making phone calls and taking pictures? Is it a pain or do you just get used to it?

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I just took off my screen protector and going to keep the case on. Wish me luck!!

You can do it ...

My Tempered glass finally gave out with chips here and there ...and good ones are hard to come by in my country; fully naked until I reorder a Spigen screen protector

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I switched to one of my Vera Bradley cases that has a little bit more lip since I took the screen protector off. I must say I do enjoy using the phone more without it.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I think I am not able to have my iPhone naked with my work. I work in an office but also have to be on the floor to do some work. I also feel that with the iPhone X being all glass is slippery and have no grip making it a higher risk for making me drop it

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My kids are grown, but if I had little ones I still wouldn’t use a screen protector. It’s just my preference.

Same here. Not using a screen protector or even a case is simply my preference and I’ve yet to damage any of my device. Damaging my device could happen at some point, but it still wouldn’t sway me to change...

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I recommend putting a skin on it. I skin all of my devices with the clear skins from bestskinsever. Now to preface this, I have years of experience doing so. It takes a significant amount of patience to apply the skin, as it is a wet install. Once its on though its transparent and gives the film an awesome grip. I put it on all of my computers too and have it on my 2017 MacBook Pro.

All three of the below phones have a skin on them, as I prefer carrying phones without a case. You cannot see the skin, but boy does it provide a lovely grip:

View attachment 123102

Incidentally, I have no affiliation with bestskinsever, I am just a huge fan of their product and have been for years.

Do the skin give the phone that glossy look?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I recommend putting a skin on it. I skin all of my devices with the clear skins from bestskinsever. Now to preface this, I have years of experience doing so. It takes a significant amount of patience to apply the skin, as it is a wet install. Once its on though its transparent and gives the film an awesome grip. I put it on all of my computers too and have it on my 2017 MacBook Pro.

All three of the below phones have a skin on them, as I prefer carrying phones without a case. You cannot see the skin, but boy does it provide a lovely grip:

View attachment 123102

Incidentally, I have no affiliation with bestskinsever, I am just a huge fan of their product and have been for years.

I like this. I did this type of skin protection with my Gold 5s using a Zagg product. The clear skin was also thin enough for me to use a case when needed.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods