iPhone X and Android, who is carrying both?

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up the pixel 2 xl as my second device. It's probably the best Android device I have ever owned and it's as good if not better than my X. Stock Android plus an awesome camera makes the pixel a great device. I like both operating systems this is why I carry both.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Just picked up the pixel 2 xl as my second device. It's probably the best Android device I have ever owned and it's as good if not better than my X. Stock Android plus an awesome camera makes the pixel a great device. I like both operating systems this is why I carry both.

I actually hate the camera on my pixel 2xl. I like the iPhone camera much better. That being said I agree with everything else you said.

JudyWilliam

Jul 22, 2018
Visit site
Same here.. I have iPhone X and Galaxy J7 Android phone. But I often use iPhone x and galaxy J7 is my old phone but still keeping it with myself. My experince with those two phone is well, if I have to select one mobile phone from two of them I would choose iPhone X because it is way more than better.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Same here.. I have iPhone X and Galaxy J7 Android phone. But I often use iPhone x and galaxy J7 is my old phone but still keeping it with myself. My experince with those two phone is well, if I have to select one mobile phone from two of them I would choose iPhone X because it is way more than better.
Lol. Well I would certainly hope that a $1000 phone is better than a $150 phone. Sorry, made me chuckle. Glad you enjoy your X. I like mine too.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
How are you liking the Note 9?

Quite like it, though Android seems to have a lot of sub-menus in their settings so makes it more complicated to navigate, unlike iOS which is more straightforward.

Batt life though rated at 4000mAh, much more than the X, but not as lasting (ironic). Perhaps Android uses more resources than iOS. Iris scan still OK, but the face recognition is still not as good as Apple’s Face ID as failure to scan rate is a lot higher.

But overall still satisfied and also able to hold two SIM cards. I’ve paired mine with the LED view cover which is awesome, able to display time, customise icons, and also display charge status when the phone is plugged in to charge. Best thing is that it does not use any power source itself, instead it uses NFC which draws very tiny amounts of power from the phone to operate the cover.

Wished Apple would have such a cover, I’d buy it in a heartbeat. The Note 9’s my very first Android phone, but my main is still with Apple.

Last edited:

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Quite like it, though Android seems to have a lot of sub-menus in their settings so makes it more complicated to navigate, unlike iOS which is more straightforward.

Batt life though rated at 4000mAh, much more than the X, but not as lasting (ironic). Perhaps Android uses more resources than iOS. Iris scan still OK, but the face recognition is still not as good as Apple’s Face ID as failure to scan rate is a lot higher.

But overall still satisfied and also able to hold two SIM cards. I’ve paired mine with the LED view cover which is awesome, able to display time, customise icons, and also display charge status when the phone is plugged in to charge. Best thing is that it does not use any power source itself, instead it uses NFC which draws very tiny amounts of power from the phone to operate the cover.

Wished Apple would have such a cover, I’d buy it in a heartbeat. The Note 9’s my very first Android phone, but my main is still with Apple.

Yeah, Samsung Experience isn’t the most user friendly. The design and the display of the Note 9 is beautiful though!

Enjoy your very first Android!

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, Samsung Experience isn’t the most user friendly. The design and the display of the Note 9 is beautiful though!

Enjoy your very first Android!

Yes enjoying it and the screen is indeed beautiful with deep colors, but Samsung's super AMOLED screens are famous for being over-saturated. iPhone X's OLED is more natural.

Germani00

Jul 6, 2019
Visit site
I had the S7 Edge for a while and hated everything about that phone. Stutter, poor battery life, lag, accidental touches via the curved screen, I had it all. The only thing I liked about that phone was the camera. Samsung corrected pretty much all that with the S8's, but I couldn't wait to get rid of the S7 Edge.
Cool

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Iphone 8 Plus here at home, but - 'travelling phones' ( , ) being Android, - one LG X-Power, one Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime. Travelling phones are on pay-as-you-go accounts with carriers in their respective countries. I also use 'Canadaphone' as a hotspot to generate wifi for our iPhones & iPads to use. Never using 'foreign' cell data nor roaming calls has paid for the extra hardware several times over, and is a constant reminder of how slick  products are by comparison. Granted, our Androids are low -midrange device price wise, so would be very frustrating as 1st line tools.

Last edited:

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The ONLY time I carry 2 phones is when I’m using my personal phone and a company issued work phone. Never been one to have 2 personal phones.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I had the S7 Edge for a while and hated everything about that phone. Stutter, poor battery life, lag, accidental touches via the curved screen, I had it all. The only thing I liked about that phone was the camera. Samsung corrected pretty much all that with the S8's, but I couldn't wait to get rid of the S7 Edge.

Seems like you were unfortunate. I have the S7 Edge and while accidental touches were initially annoying (especially one handed use) I managed to minimise them. The battery life is amazing though and performance was smooth...multitasking/gaming wasn’t a problem. Nearly all reviews mention the great battery life and good performance...seems like you were unlucky.

ivigneshwaran

Aug 19, 2019
Visit site
I'm having both Android and iOS. But iPhone feels very snappy and performance is far better. Usually some says, If anyone use iOS for a while they can't switch to android. Totally accepted that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234