iPhone X and Android, who is carrying both?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
No, there are members who carry multiple smartphones. Although I have both an iPhone X and an iPhone 8, I only use the iPhone C as my daily driver. My iPhone 8 is used with my drone......As for an Android device, I haven’t used one of them in about 8 years or more.
You mean you are still using a IPhone 5c? hahaha

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
iMessages only come to the iPhone. You either have to turn iMessage off or not care if they come to the android phone. I personally dont care since I use the iPhone primarily and leave the Note in the car. I really only use the Note for Android Auto at this point.

I had the note before last, the one with the battery issue, and loved it. However since I came from iOS I lost a ton of messages from iPhone friends, even though I had turned it off. Especially group messages when I was the only one on Android, I missed all of those. Has it gotten better to turn it on and off? I still want that note, think I may get a used one just as a toy. Or I may get one of their tablets, those Samsung screens are beautiful.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I had the note before last, the one with the battery issue, and loved it. However since I came from iOS I lost a ton of messages from iPhone friends, even though I had turned it off. Especially group messages when I was the only one on Android, I missed all of those. Has it gotten better to turn it on and off? I still want that note, think I may get a used one just as a toy. Or I may get one of their tablets, those Samsung screens are beautiful.

Truthfully I never had any issues going from ios to android with messages. I know alot of people have but Im not sure what causes it.

The Note 7 was probably the best designed version of the Note or any other phone in quite a while. The 8 is good but imo not nearly as comfortable as the 7.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Truthfully I never had any issues going from ios to android with messages. I know alot of people have but Im not sure what causes it.

The Note 7 was probably the best designed version of the Note or any other phone in quite a while. The 8 is good but imo not nearly as comfortable as the 7.

Group messaging can still be a pain when switching, but it’s much better for general sms. For some reason it works better when I disable FaceTime before iMessage. I still sometimes have issues if I disable imessage then FaceTime before switching.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Cant speak about iPhone X, although a lot of people i work with do use the X. I carry a 7+ as my personal, and for work i currently have a 6S. I wanted to get an Android for work but we use Office 365 and the general experience with my work function and Android is very laggy, and has processing information issues. I am sure the issue is not specific to Android but moreso a problem with my company not knowing what theyre doing.

Being an Android fan for 3 years i jumped ship last year for a 7+, iOS just has been phone that "just works". My list of Androids in that 3 year period include Nexus 5, S6, G3, G4 and 6P...all had a slew of problems that drove me insane. My best experience was the 6P for its first 8 months until it started acting up (i think with release of 7.0/7.1). After all those problems i had, and the fact iOS has generally been very good to me (some very minor bugs), its hard for me to consider spending any money on an Android. I am sure the new Pixel phones are amazing overall but i have doubts biting the bullet. Plus my wife and all friends have iPhones, so iMessage just locks the deal.

what do i miss from Android? Google Assistant at OS level, Siri is very poor and doesnt fill the gap at all. And i miss my heptic feedback typing on keyboard. Otherwise, iOS does everything else fantastic.

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Which phone do you use more and why? I have an X and getting a pixel 2 but will only keep one!

Hmmm , I rotate really. It's on my mood. I guess the iPhone X slightly more because I group chat with coworkers who use iMessage but if I'm going out for an event I carry the Pixel 2 because I like the pictures that takes better. Both have great speakers and are smooth. Android as and operating system I would say is more "fun" as it gives you more freedom but some apps like Snap chat or Facebook run a little smoother on IOS. Lol I hope that helps

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Hmmm , I rotate really. It's on my mood. I guess the iPhone X slightly more because I group chat with coworkers who use iMessage but if I'm going out for an event I carry the Pixel 2 because I like the pictures that takes better. Both have great speakers and are smooth. Android as and operating system I would say is more "fun" as it gives you more freedom but some apps like Snap chat or Facebook run a little smoother on IOS. Lol I hope that helps

Haha no! You told me what I already know I want the pixel 2 because the camera is insane. I've bought 3 pixel 2 XLs and now I'm on going on my 2nd pixel 2. I end up getting them and just reselling them because I miss iMessage and FaceTime on iOS. Other than that, I don't miss much on my iPhone. I don't get how you juggle between both so frequently, doesn't it get annoying shutting iMessage off and on constantly?

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Haha no! You told me what I already know I want the pixel 2 because the camera is insane. I've bought 3 pixel 2 XLs and now I'm on going on my 2nd pixel 2. I end up getting them and just reselling them because I miss iMessage and FaceTime on iOS. Other than that, I don't miss much on my iPhone. I don't get how you juggle between both so frequently, doesn't it get annoying shutting iMessage off and on constantly?

Yeah, it sure does but I can't just leave either behind. If Apple opened up iMessage and FaceTime to Android I'd definitely leave apple behind. A guy on this forum gave me a solution called "digits" that's on T-Mobile. It's one number for both phones. I have to go look into it when I get a chance. See if that may be a solution for you

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, it sure does but I can't just leave either behind. If Apple opened up iMessage and FaceTime to Android I'd definitely leave apple behind. A guy on this forum gave me a solution called "digits" that's on T-Mobile. It's one number for both phones. I have to go look into it when I get a chance. See if that may be a solution for you

I have at&t. I mean the X has a beautiful edge to edge OLED display. The pixel 2 has yucky bezels although the 2XL is too large for me and the blue shift on the screen is unacceptable to me. I miss having the freedom I had on Android, but can't shake this cult I got into with Apple ha. Once your lured in, good luck escaping. Like you said, you can't decide on one...neither can I but I also can't afford to own two phones.

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I have at&t. I mean the X has a beautiful edge to edge OLED display. The pixel 2 has yucky bezels although the 2XL is too large for me and the blue shift on the screen is unacceptable to me. I miss having the freedom I had on Android, but can't shake this cult I got into with Apple ha. Once your lured in, good luck escaping. Like you said, you can't decide on one...neither can I but I also can't afford to own two phones.

Well if you already have an X I'd hold on to that until at least around October when the Pixel 3 comes out. The smaller variant is supposed to have greatly reduced bezels. We will see what other improvements they do with the phone and Android. Android P seems pretty good so far. So that's what I'd do in your position. Keep your iPhone X and see what the next Pixel brings

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Well if you already have an X I'd hold on to that until at least around October when the Pixel 3 comes out. The smaller variant is supposed to have greatly reduced bezels. We will see what other improvements they do with the phone and Android. Android P seems pretty good so far. So that's what I'd do in your position. Keep your iPhone X and see what the next Pixel brings

Yeah the pixel 3 looks a lot better with the smaller bezels. I know once that comes out I will most likely get it, so I figured I might as well just start using Android now on a pixel 2. Just having so issues haha. I can't figure out how to break away from iOS and not return within a couple of days! Thanks for your input, I like hearing thoughts from others

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods