iPhone X and Android, who is carrying both?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Battery, camera, and RAM is why I went with the Plus.
I picked up an S9 today. The Plus is just too big for my liking. We'll see how this goes. So far liking it but it's very different! Will give it an honest try. Probably sell the X and fall back on the XI if this doesn't work out. Or an SE2.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I picked up an S9 today. The Plus is just too big for my liking. We'll see how this goes. So far liking it but it's very different! Will give it an honest try. Probably sell the X and fall back on the XI if this doesn't work out. Or an SE2.

I started with the s9 too. But after a week I exchanged. Battery was a struggle for me and then losing the telephoto lense after having it with iPhone was tough.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the Samsung much more over the past couple of months until iOS 12 beta dropped. Then I swapped my sim back in the X. I love both phones but the screen on the Samsung is gorgeous. It’s the best in the market. I can also customize the Samsung and run dark mode themes. iOS will have have special place in my heart but right now the s9 plus is my preferred go to phone.

What are your thoughts between iOS 12 and Oreo? I’ve been on iOS for about two years or so, dabbling in Android here and there. But Android has my heart. I’m a Google guy and always used Android up until a couple of years ago. Well, after BlackBerry kind of started to fall off the map in 2011. Best Buy still has $300 off on the S9+ and man that is tempting me away from Apple right now.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
What are your thoughts between iOS 12 and Oreo? I’ve been on iOS for about two years or so, dabbling in Android here and there. But Android has my heart. I’m a Google guy and always used Android up until a couple of years ago. Well, after BlackBerry kind of started to fall off the map in 2011. Best Buy still has $300 off on the S9+ and man that is tempting me away from Apple right now.
I like both iOS and Android. Hard to compare the 2 OS's but I love how I can customize my Android and apply dark themes to run as close as a dark mode that I can. But the Samsung screen is much nicer to be honest.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I like both iOS and Android. Hard to compare the 2 OS's but I love how I can customize my Android and apply dark themes to run as close as a dark mode that I can. But the Samsung screen is much nicer to be honest.

Well yeah, just wondering your opinion now that iOS 12 beta is out. Part of my problem with iOS is that I feel like it’s the same thing it’s been for 5 years. And the utter lack of customization.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Well yeah, just wondering your opinion now that iOS 12 beta is out. Part of my problem with iOS is that I feel like it’s the same thing it’s been for 5 years. And the utter lack of customization.
iOS 12 is not a big change at all. Even Oreo doesn't feel like a big change from previous. What I like about the s9 plus is it takes awesome low light photos. The X is far behind there. Also, I just love the Samsung screen much more than the X. It's so much sharper. Its gorgeous. And the customization is a huge plus.

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I carry both. Have Pixel 2 and an iPhone X. I know I’m gonna get flamed in here but Android does certain things well that I like and IOS does other things that I like. Wish they could just combine lol. I still like the Pixel’s camera better than the X but I really like iMessage. There are other reasons I carry both but I say if you can afford it why not

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
X and Note 8 for me. I use T-Mobile digits in the Note 8 so I can have the same number on both devices. Its primarily turned into my dedicated car device for Android Auto however. If CarPlay ever starts working properly Ill probably dump the Note.

How does the digits thing work?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
iOS 12 is not a big change at all. Even Oreo doesn't feel like a big change from previous. What I like about the s9 plus is it takes awesome low light photos. The X is far behind there. Also, I just love the Samsung screen much more than the X. It's so much sharper. Its gorgeous. And the customization is a huge plus.

Thanks for the info. I think I’m going to make the jump. I can always come crawling back in the fall. I’m fully invested in Google services, so that part won’t really bother me too much. I was afraid iOS 12 might not really be much of a change for me to notice. And I haven’t used Android very much at all since Lollipop, so Oreo will be a huge change for me.

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I have both the Pixel 2 XL and the iPhone X and I prefer the Pixel 2 XL. It has better battery life, better reception, takes better photographs, and it's Android.

But my opinions change like the wind and I could love the iPhone X more than the Pixel 2 XL tomorrow. This is why I have both.

That’s another thing. I get better reception on my Pixel than on my X. Faster LTE speeds too. Apple really needs to get Qualcomm chips as the main radios for these phones again because they are getting spanked by the Android phones

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You get a sim card to mirror your number so all calls go to both phones as well as sms. If you do digits with data you also get data on both phones. Theres 2 data options, 512mbps and full speed.
How does that work with imessages? How would it know to send texts and not imessage when your on your android?

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
How does that work with imessages? How would it know to send texts and not imessage when your on your android?

iMessages only come to the iPhone. You either have to turn iMessage off or not care if they come to the android phone. I personally dont care since I use the iPhone primarily and leave the Note in the car. I really only use the Note for Android Auto at this point.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
iMessages only come to the iPhone. You either have to turn iMessage off or not care if they come to the android phone. I personally dont care since I use the iPhone primarily and leave the Note in the car. I really only use the Note for Android Auto at this point.
Gotcha. Ok.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'd agree with @Garz on the customisation and screen of the Android / Samsung combo...

That being said, one month on the X, and I have the S8+ which I power on occasionally. Kept the S8+ as I saw reviews that the S9 battery wasn't as good

The thing is, in my country (Caribbean)
1. Apple Maps don't work
2. Siri can't provide traffic information
3. Siri doesn't generally understand me
4. Google assistant on iOS is a pain to use (traffic updates etc)
5. On the Samsung the assistant works flawlessly, traffic updates are constant and simple and it just understands me easier
6. To me the camera on the S8+ is a lot better than the iPhone... I've been a pixel peeper and hate the camera quality of the iPhone since iOS 10/iPhone 7 series

craigrn16

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
You get a sim card to mirror your number so all calls go to both phones as well as sms. If you do digits with data you also get data on both phones. Theres 2 data options, 512mbps and full speed.

Now my next question is how much are you paying for the digital feature? Sounds expensive. I really only use my iPhone for iMessage and the Facebook app, although is a battery hog on both platforms, works a lot smoother on IOS. I use Android though as my fun phone and Google assistant works a lot better on my Pixel. Also love the camera a little better. I don't mind rocking two phones until iMessage comes to Android

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Now my next question is how much are you paying for the digital feature? Sounds expensive. I really only use my iPhone for iMessage and the Facebook app, although is a battery hog on both platforms, works a lot smoother on IOS. I use Android though as my fun phone and Google assistant works a lot better on my Pixel. Also love the camera a little better. I don't mind rocking two phones until iMessage comes to Android

I pay $10/month

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh