iPhone X and Android, who is carrying both?

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I have an iPhone X and have bought 3 pixel 2 XL’s, used them for a week at a time and go back to my X. I ended up selling them all because I can’t figure out how I’d own both and constantly go back and forth between 2 different operating systems.

I wanted to use the Pixel 2 XL as my daily driver and ditch the iPhone in the worst way, but for whatever reason I always came back to the iPhone. My entire family is iOS users so that is a big reason. I hate that am locked into iOS, I feel like I am stuck and can’t leave. For a $1,000 starting price, the iPhone X really isn’t that special. If android had iMessage (hopefully RCS soon) I’d be using a pixel as my daily driver. I also hated the screen on the pixel 2 XL, it just wasn’t a good user experience for me seeing that blue shift and the dull colors. The X does feel so much better in my hands and it is one of the many reasons why I can’t leave it, but I want to in the worst way!!! Make sense?!

I want the customization and freedom on an android device. I want a device that’s mine and doesn’t look like everyone else’s (including my 85 year old grandmothers). They all look the same!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Welp, I bit the bullet and preordered the HTC u12+. So I'll be carrying both on work days. I'm going to change all my work info to the HTC in order to separate my work/home life when I'm off.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Got to say my wife and I just picked up the X. We both have the Note 8 as well. Got to say the X has abilities we need yet we still need the features of the Note 8.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Got to say my wife and I just picked up the X. We both have the Note 8 as well. Got to say the X has abilities we need yet we still need the features of the Note 8.
One of my most requested features of iOS would be for Apple to make an Apple Pencil for the iPhone.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
One of my most requested features of iOS would be for Apple to make an Apple Pencil for the iPhone.
Apple and Samsung need to just bite the bullet and team up! I have to say I give an A++ to Apple on 4k video recording and an F- to Samsung after the oreo update. Now it's hard to say who gets the upper hand on pics here. Just imagine what they could do to this market together. The design and functionality of ApSung would just be mind blowing!

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I carry the iPhone X on Verizon and the Galaxy S9 on T-Mobile. I want the U12+, but I'm buying a house right now and am not allowed to play phone games. I like having both and being able to keep up on both operating systems, though T-Mobile hasn't kept up on security patches and updates like I was expecting. Hmmm.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Carriers are the worst when it comes to security updates.
I carry the iPhone X on Verizon and the Galaxy S9 on T-Mobile. I want the U12+, but I'm buying a house right now and am not allowed to play phone games. I like having both and being able to keep up on both operating systems, though T-Mobile hasn't kept up on security patches and updates like I was expecting. Hmmm.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I haven't carried two smartphones since my Apple 5s and Samsung Note 3. Of course phones have evolved since then, but I just don't need to carry two phones in my present very calm lifestyle.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it counts, but I have an iPhone 7 and a Kindle Fire 7. I only use the latter for book reading though.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have been using the Samsung much more over the past couple of months until iOS 12 beta dropped. Then I swapped my sim back in the X. I love both phones but the screen on the Samsung is gorgeous. It’s the best in the market. I can also customize the Samsung and run dark mode themes. iOS will have have special place in my heart but right now the s9 plus is my preferred go to phone.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a Ip8+ and a Huawei P20 pro I swap between. Both are set up more or less the same and I use both as a daily driver. Really like both android and ios and can't decided witch one I would use permanently so I have both. When I get tired of android I use iPhone and when I get tired of iPhone I use android . The best of 2 worlds

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the Samsung much more over the past couple of months until iOS 12 beta dropped. Then I swapped my sim back in the X. I love both phones but the screen on the Samsung is gorgeous. It’s the best in the market. I can also customize the Samsung and run dark mode themes. iOS will have have special place in my heart but right now the s9 plus is my preferred go to phone.

Does the size bother you? Why S9 Plus instead of S9 which is almost same size as X?

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Dual user here. S9+ as my primary and the X secondary. Sometimes swap my S9+ between the Pixel 2 XL or BlackBerry K1. I have the a Pixel to play around with the Beta releases and using beta iOS 12 on my X. Samsung devices tend to be my primary device because I love Samsung Pay, Gear VR, headphone jack and the display quality.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices