iPhone X and Android, who is carrying both?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
What bored you about it?

I can’t use it with my Apple Watch so that’s a paper weight when I was using the Sammy. All my pics don’t automatically sync with my Mac or iPad. Besides being able to run themes, I just didn’t see anything that was groundbreaking or different. People who were on iPhones would send me messages and half the time they would go to my iPad and not my Sammy. Even though I de-registered my number with Apple. It was just a huge inconvenience than anything. .

torbjornhb

Jun 28, 2018
Visit site
Picked up my Huawei P20 Pro yesterday evening. Immediately when I started downloading the same apps I've got on my iPhone, I realized how much I love the Apple products. I want to like Android, and I admit that it's great, but I think it will be hard to convince me to change now.

One of the most important things for me is synchronisation of pictures between devices, and then I mean the ability to edit a picture on my phone, and then it's a copy of it on my mac and ipad.

flybub

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been an android guy for the most part since 2010. The only iPhone I've ever owned was a 6+ and I bought that used off Swappa to try it out. I really want to jump on the iPhone X train, but Samsung Pay has really changed alot of things for me. That honestly is really about the only thing holding me back from switching to this fall.

I like what Google is doing/done with Assistant (I use that a ton also) and maps continues to get better. I continue to fight the urge to change and I continually browse the forums (this one, Macrumors, Android Central) thinking maybe I'll come across something that will nail it down for me.

I do have a MacBook Pro, but I do just about everything on my phone. I don't use my phone for work and I don't watch videos/movies. Alot of internet browsing, reddit browsing, and fitness apps.

This fall it will come down to the Pixel 3, Note 9 and the next iPhone X. Until then, I'll keep torturing myself :)

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I've been an android guy for the most part since 2010. The only iPhone I've ever owned was a 6+ and I bought that used off Swappa to try it out. I really want to jump on the iPhone X train, but Samsung Pay has really changed alot of things for me. That honestly is really about the only thing holding me back from switching to this fall.

I like what Google is doing/done with Assistant (I use that a ton also) and maps continues to get better. I continue to fight the urge to change and I continually browse the forums (this one, Macrumors, Android Central) thinking maybe I'll come across something that will nail it down for me.

I do have a MacBook Pro, but I do just about everything on my phone. I don't use my phone for work and I don't watch videos/movies. Alot of internet browsing, reddit browsing, and fitness apps.

This fall it will come down to the Pixel 3, Note 9 and the next iPhone X. Until then, I'll keep torturing myself :)

Which Samsung device do you have?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm back on the S9. With all the rumors flying I returned my 2nd X (first one sold after getting S9). I was within 14 day window and with all the rumors flying about the new X & X Plus and 6.1" (aka iPhone 9) it made no sense to keep at this point.

Got $800 for my first X a month ago (which I had since Nov 2017). Prices sure to drop with the rumors of cheaper price points for the next X and 9.

Gonna stick it out with the S9 until Sept. Even got a Google home mini for $35 so that I can use voice commands for my Philips Hue lights.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Well I'm back on the S9. With all the rumors flying I returned my 2nd X (first one sold after getting S9). I was within 14 day window and with all the rumors flying about the new X & X Plus and 6.1" (aka iPhone 9) it made no sense to keep at this point.

Got $800 for my first X a month ago (which I had since Nov 2017). Prices sure to drop with the rumors of cheaper price points for the next X and 9.

Gonna stick it out with the S9 until Sept. Even got a Google home mini for $35 so that I can use voice commands for my Philips Hue lights.

Wow and I did the opposite haha. Kept my X and returned the s9. Your just sticking it out the for September huh?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow and I did the opposite haha. Kept my X and returned the s9. Your just sticking it out the for September huh?
Yeah I'll stick it out until at least Sept. Maybe wait until Pixel 3 also.

Semi curious also about the Note 9 but I don't see myself getting such an enormous slab.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I'll stick it out until at least Sept. Maybe wait until Pixel 3 also.

Semi curious also about the Note 9 but I don't see myself getting such an enormous slab.

Yeah, once I got rid of my iPhone 7 Plus I told myself no more phones that size. The X is the perfect size and so is the S9. The pixel 3 is what will make me go back to Android, although I do love my X.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I recently got a new Android phone to go along with my iPhone X. I went with the HTC U12+. Was thinking about the Xperia XZ2 for a while, but ended up deciding on the HTC. I really like it. The camera is better than the X, it runs just as smooth, and I find that I prefer the more square screen of the U12+ over the X.

Will it replace my X? Heck no! I love my Apple Watch too much for that. Also as someone above mentioned, ads are much more prevalent on Android. There are also some apps on Android that aren't as feature rich as the iOS counterpart.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Same here. I have never installed WhatsApp, have never had anybody who wants to communicate with me ask me to install it, and everybody I know - iOS, Android, or flip phone - can receive an SMS message from the Messages app, and can send me one that I will receive. And when I used Android, same deal. (And I don't seem to know any snobby people who dislike communicating with people with "green bubbles" either.)

Considering I was a life long Android guy, seeing green bubbles now does not produce any "snobbery" in me at all. BUT...it does annoy me when people I know who have iPhones don't use iMessage...that really bugs me for some reason.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Considering I was a life long Android guy, seeing green bubbles now does not produce any "snobbery" in me at all. BUT...it does annoy me when people I know who have iPhones don't use iMessage...that really bugs me for some reason.

They might be a phone swapper. When I bounced back and forth between iOS and Android I wouldn’t use iMessage because of the issues it caused when swapping.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
They might be a phone swapper. When I bounced back and forth between iOS and Android I wouldn’t use iMessage because of the issues it caused when swapping.

That's true...although someone I know who does it is my cousin and she says she does it to save data lol. Ugh.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

One issue that may be affecting their use of iMessage -- their phones, since they talked to you on Android, still likely think you are using an Android. iMessage typically doesn't automatically start working when a person switches to the iPhone.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
One issue that may be affecting their use of iMessage -- their phones, since they talked to you on Android, still likely think you are using an Android. iMessage typically doesn't automatically start working when a person switches to the iPhone.

Really? My immediate family all use iPhones and use iMessage, and when I made the switch, I had no issues at all and seamlessly fell into iMessage instantly.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Really? My immediate family all use iPhones and use iMessage, and when I made the switch, I had no issues at all and seamlessly fell into iMessage instantly.

Yeah, mine just auto-magically worked. That’s what is so nice about it, especially for non-techy people.

After basically 4-5 years strictly on Android I’ve now converted my phone, at least, to iOS. I’m still very invested in Google services. Which is also kind of why I haven’t gone all in on Apple. I’m currently debating on that aspect of it.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Yeah, mine just auto-magically worked. That’s what is so nice about it, especially for non-techy people.

After basically 4-5 years strictly on Android I’ve now converted my phone, at least, to iOS. I’m still very invested in Google services. Which is also kind of why I haven’t gone all in on Apple. I’m currently debating on that aspect of it.

Yeah I have an entire folder of Google Apps lol. I won't ever stop using Google services since I think they are great, but lucky for us, all of these services run really well on the iPhone. And when i want to use Apple's stuff, I can. Almost the best of both worlds honestly. The only thing I miss on Android is the customization options. I hold on to hope Apple one day at least lets us skin icons or anchor to the bottom and not the top.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have an entire folder of Google Apps lol. I won't ever stop using Google services since I think they are great, but lucky for us, all of these services run really well on the iPhone. And when i want to use Apple's stuff, I can. Almost the best of both worlds honestly. The only thing I miss on Android is the customization options. I hold on to hope Apple one day at least lets us skin icons or anchor to the bottom and not the top.

This is exactly me. I like that I can do everything with Google but still get the bonuses of Apple. I think most of Google services are superior but Android kind of drives me crazy anymore. I miss customization, but nothing else. I’m really hoping Apple throws us a bone at some point.

Now I just have to decide if I want to complete my transformation and get an iPad, Apple TV and HomePod.

Vega007

Jan 24, 2018
Visit site
Now I just have to decide if I want to complete my transformation and get an iPad, Apple TV and HomePod.

Haha...I have an iPad and a Macbook Air. I definitely plan on getting an Apple Watch and Apple TV by Christmas. =)

I am staying clear from the HomePod though...that doesn't interest me at all for the price.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711