iPhone X and Android, who is carrying both?

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I know I'm not the only one who carries around two phones. How is your experience using both an Android and an iPhone?

Currently I'm rocking both a Pixel 2 XL and an iPhone X.

I must say the Pixel 2 XL is a fantastic phone, though I do enjoy my X a little more the Pixel is the way I always wished Android phones were. Honestly it's super fast and the UI is really clean with no bloatwate added on to it. If I was forced to live with just the Pixel I wouldn't have too many complaints at all so far. I'm actually using it right now to type this post. It's definitely a much better user experience for me than any Samsung phone I've used in the past, although I would kill to have the functionality of the S pen on both my iPhone X and the Pixel 2 XL. It's literally the only feature I feel like I'm missing out on in the smartphone market.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, there are members who carry multiple smartphones. Although I have both an iPhone X and an iPhone 8, I only use the iPhone X as my daily driver. My iPhone 8 is used with my drone......As for an Android device, I haven’t used one of them in about 8 years or more.

Last edited:

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I switch between my iPhone X and my Blackberry KeyOne Android device and I will always have a soft spot for Blackberry and I do like the way they have integrated the Blackberry suite into Android.

I do find myself liking IOS a little more then Android because I use iMacs in my business and the integration between IOS and the Mac desktop is second to none.

I the end it’s a personal choice and whatever works best for the end user is what I will always recommend.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the Note 8 and IPhone X. I actually use the S pen almost everyday for my work. I keep on coming back to the iPhone, but I never stay for long. I always end up missing the Note. If the iPhone had a stylus, it would be perfect for me.

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I use both - iPhone 8 Plus is primary, and Samsung Galaxy S9 is secondary. I can't see myself moving away from iOS any time soon, but the S9 is surprisingly good. I'd only consider switching if Samsung and other OEMs would get serious about security (and ideally platform) updates.

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I know I'm not the only one who carries around two phones. How is your experience using both an Android and an iPhone?

I must say the Pixel 2 XL is a fantastic phone, though I do enjoy my X a little more the Pixel is the way I always wished Android phones were. Honestly it's super fast and the UI is really clean with no bloatwate added on to it. If I was forced to live with just the Pixel I wouldn't have too many complaints at all so far. I'm actually using it right now to type this post. It's definitely a much better user experience for me than any Samsung phone I've used in the past, although I would kill to have the functionality of the S pen on both my iPhone X and the Pixel 2 XL. It's literally the only feature I feel like I'm missing out on in the smartphone market.

I'm carrying the same combination. I've been using the Pixel as my work phone for about 2 months. That's the longest I've lasted with an android as my 2nd phone in over a year. I was carrying an 8+. I still have it in case I get tired of the Pixel.
Tried Samsung S7, S8 and Note 8. Haven't lasted more than a month until I would switch back to iPhone.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
X and Note 8 for me. I use T-Mobile digits in the Note 8 so I can have the same number on both devices. Its primarily turned into my dedicated car device for Android Auto however. If CarPlay ever starts working properly Ill probably dump the Note.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I can only speak for myself, but unless I was given an Android specifically for work I see absolutely no reason whatsoever to own one again. Already drank that Kool-Aid.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
The people that I know personally that carry 2 devices have the iPhone X and the Pixel XL 2. I've never played around with them, but it sounds like they're worth checking out.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
The people that I know personally that carry 2 devices have the iPhone X and the Pixel XL 2. I've never played around with them, but it sounds like they're worth checking out.
They totally are worth checking out, I honestly don't think you could go wrong with either device. I just opted into the Android P beta and if the OS stays as snappy and fluid in the final release as it is in the first beta release it's going to be serious competition for iOS.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I have both the Pixel 2 XL and the iPhone X and I prefer the Pixel 2 XL. It has better battery life, better reception, takes better photographs, and it's Android.

But my opinions change like the wind and I could love the iPhone X more than the Pixel 2 XL tomorrow. This is why I have both.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have both the Pixel 2 XL and the iPhone X and I prefer the Pixel 2 XL. It has better battery life, better reception, takes better photographs, and it's Android.

But my opinions change like the wind and I could love the iPhone X more than the Pixel 2 XL tomorrow. This is why I have both.

I think I prefer Android in many ways, and I'm enjoying trying out Android P on my Essential phone, but I still use my X as a primary device because of the Apple watch. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but Apple seems to have a clear advantage in accessories. Of course, it also helps that you can get the Google Assistant on Apple devices.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2016
Visit site

I have the exact same setup and agree with you all around. I enjoy both phones a great deal. I am primarily an Android person, but this is the first pixel I have used and will never go back to Samsung or LG. There is a night and day user experience between Google and the other Android phones.

I normally carry my X around when I’m hiking because it is smaller and with the case I have on it Is a little more hardened.

I like to switch things up so I will carry one for a week and then go back-and-forth. The only drag is having to remember to shut off iMessage LOL.

I am very fortunate that I can enjoy the best that both operating systems have to offer. It is win win for me.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I currently have the X and my backup phone is a Nextbit Robin. I usually also have an up to date Android phone, but haven't gotten one since I sold my S8+. The Note series calls my name every year around release because I do love the S-Pen, but I wanna try something I haven't used in a while. Waiting to see what HTC does with the U12. If I don't want it, then I'll get a Sony Xperia XZ2. For whatever reason, Pixels just don't appeal to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711