iPhone X and Android, who is carrying both?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
In that case, why not use WhatsApp (for example)?

Personally I’m perfectly happy with Apple and don’t have any plans to switch. I know a ton of people (the vast majority of my colleagues, clients, friends and family) that use Messages but very few that use other platforms. It would be an uphill battle even if I were interested in switching.
Messages is the most widely used iPhone app in spite of the availability of third party solutions. Making Messages and FaceTime available on other platforms would only give those users holding onto iPhones simply because of those two apps a way out. I doubt Apple will ever do that.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Personally I’m perfectly happy with Apple and don’t have any plans to switch. I know a ton of people (the vast majority of my colleagues, clients, friends and family) that use Messages but very few that use other platforms. It would be an uphill battle even if I were interested in switching.
Messages is the most widely used iPhone app in spite of the availability of third party solutions. Making Messages and FaceTime available on other platforms would only give those users holding onto iPhones simply because of those two apps a way out. I doubt Apple will ever do that.

I must be missing something... how do you communicate now with people who don't have iPhones? I assume that even here, no-one only knows iPhone users! :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I must be missing something... how do you communicate now with people who don't have iPhones? I assume that even here, no-one only knows iPhone users! :)

I still use Messages via SMS. The sticking point for many is iPhone to iPhone through iMessage. I’m sure Apple is aware and why Messages won’t be coming to Android anytime soon.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I still use Messages via SMS. The sticking point for many is iPhone to iPhone through iMessage. I’m sure Apple is aware and why Messages won’t be coming to Android anytime soon.

Yeah I would love to see it but .. I also agree that the chances are extremely slim (if non-existent).

torbjornhb

Jun 28, 2018
Visit site
I have been using iPhone since 2007, only "broke the chain" with Galaxy S3. I kind of love the iPhone X, the simplicity and synchronization between my phone, iPad and MacBook. BUT, I really would like to try Android again. I am tempted to buy the Huawei P20 Pro, the Huawei Mediapad 5 and Huawei Matebook X Pro. But somehow, Samsung attracts me more than Huawei. People are talking about the P20 Pro´s camera, but I have a feeling that Samsung Galaxy S9 performs pretty well too.
It seems like most people here owns both an iPhone X and a Pixel, or iPhone or Samsung. Anyone else that owns a Huawei? Or have a least thought about it?

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have been using iPhone since 2007, only "broke the chain" with Galaxy S3. I kind of love the iPhone X, the simplicity and synchronization between my phone, iPad and MacBook. BUT, I really would like to try Android again. I am tempted to buy the Huawei P20 Pro, the Huawei Mediapad 5 and Huawei Matebook X Pro. But somehow, Samsung attracts me more than Huawei. People are talking about the P20 Pro´s camera, but I have a feeling that Samsung Galaxy S9 performs pretty well too.
It seems like most people here owns both an iPhone X and a Pixel, or iPhone or Samsung. Anyone else that owns a Huawei? Or have a least thought about it?
I have a IPhone 8+ and a Huawei P20 pro. Had a Samsung S8+ earlier but didn't get along with fingerprintsensor on the back. I really like P20 pro, love emui. It's a great phone and it feels like I will hold on to those two for a while. The only thing I miss on P20 pro is wireless charging, with that it would be 100%

torbjornhb

Jun 28, 2018
Visit site
I have a IPhone 8+ and a Huawei P20 pro. Had a Samsung S8+ earlier but didn't get along with fingerprintsensor on the back. I really like P20 pro, love emui. It's a great phone and it feels like I will hold on to those two for a while. The only thing I miss on P20 pro is wireless charging, with that it would be 100%

Do you have a MacBook as well? What do you do to sync those devices as best as possible?

torbjornhb

Jun 28, 2018
Visit site
No, no macbook. What do you mean with sync?

Like Handoff and other things that makes it easy to continue working on something you have started on on another device. One of the things I find great about Apple, is the synchronization of pictures. I can take a picture with my iPhone, edit it, and then it is ready on my machine when I get home. Whish there was a solution for this with Android.

vhl71

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
I had a pixel 2 before and I bought the iPhone X mainly for looks. Since then I hardly touched my pixel 2 even though the google assistant and camera are much better on that. Just love the form factor of iPhone X and the aesthetics. It’s the most beautiful phone for sure.

So I’ve sold my pixel 2 now. My wife has a Samsung s9 Plus which I never even touch as I hate touchwiz UI

So it’s iPhone X for me all the way!!

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Like Handoff and other things that makes it easy to continue working on something you have started on on another device. One of the things I find great about Apple, is the synchronization of pictures. I can take a picture with my iPhone, edit it, and then it is ready on my machine when I get home. Whish there was a solution for this with Android.
For photos I use Dropbox and Google photo to sync between my devices. I don't use auto sync, I sync those photos I want to save or have them on my computer

For work related photos-Dropbox and private photos - Google photo

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I had a pixel 2 before and I bought the iPhone X mainly for looks. Since then I hardly touched my pixel 2 even though the google assistant and camera are much better on that. Just love the form factor of iPhone X and the aesthetics. It’s the most beautiful phone for sure.

So I’ve sold my pixel 2 now. My wife has a Samsung s9 Plus which I never even touch as I hate touchwiz UI

So it’s iPhone X for me all the way!!

I've had the X since launch in October and have always wanted to switch for the pixel 2. I bought three 2XL's and 3 of the regular pixels and sold off all of them within weeks of usage. The 2XL screen issues were a no go for me and the phone was just too big for me coming from the amazing form factor of the X.

I then tried the pixel 2 5" and felt like I went back 5 years in time with huge bezels and not an OLED screen. Although it has the best camera on the market, I couldnt neglect the gorgeous display and ecosystem of my iPhone X. I think the pixel 3 is going to be a much better round for Google. I will wait till the release to decide if I want to try the pixel jump again or just stick to iOS

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had the S9 for a couple weeks now. The X is sold and gone. But I could see myself returning to iOS sooner rather than later.

It's the less tangible things that make a difference. Someone mentioned "Handoff" above. I also have a Macbook so know the convenience. There's also integration with Apple TV. The look and feel from app to app and consistency in UI features.

But will carry on with android and the S9 until at least the fall iPhone launch event.

Easycure1974

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the iPhone X and then got a Huawei P20 Pro two months ago and really liked it. The camera was fun to use but not always with great results. Too much noise reduction and filtering especially on people’s face even though beauty mode was set to 0. But it didn’t feel as complete as an iOS device so after two months I now have sold it and got an iPhone X again. And it feels like being home again. The OS and apps are still so much better for me on iOS compared to Android. Sure I miss the camera sometimes but not the rest. Will give my iPhone X to daughter and get myself an iPhone X plus or whatever they will be named in the autumn. No more Android for me

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
With each passing day, I'm not sure if I'll even last until the fall iPhone event (Sep/Oct?). Too bad there's not an SE2 to tie me over.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I've had the S9 for a couple weeks now. The X is sold and gone. But I could see myself returning to iOS sooner rather than later.

It's the less tangible things that make a difference. Someone mentioned "Handoff" above. I also have a Macbook so know the convenience. There's also integration with Apple TV. The look and feel from app to app and consistency in UI features.

But will carry on with android and the S9 until at least the fall iPhone launch event.

I decided to try the s9 as well. I picked one up yesterday, trying to transition myself away from iOS. I'm bored and find the X to have nothing special that warrants a $1,000+ price tag.

I haven't activated the s9 yet, just running it on wifi for now and getting it all set up. So far I find it quite stunning, it's very fast and like the feel in hand. What are your thoughts on battery life so far? That is my main concern...I didn't get the plus model because it is just too big for me.